All Worldly Enjoyment is the Highway to He/ll

• Creator
    Topic
    Love'n Honey
    Participant

My coworker (Bobby) was telling me yesterday that he knew a brother in San Diego (Steve) who was basically the video game guru. He absolutely loved and enjoyed video games. Not just playing but also talking about them. He was a gamer at heart. Bobby noticed that after Steve joined the WMSCOG he gave away all his games and consoles. He said when Steve started to talk about games (as a member) he would light up. When he realized what he was talking about he would shamefully walk away. At the time Bobby didn't understand why he did that but after I (Ms. Sofat) started telling him about how the members change after joining the church, he said it all started making sense. I'm guilty of doing something similar. I gave away all my Christmas and Halloween decor, threw out all my movies, music, and clothes that revealed "too much". I was told directly to rid my life of these things in order to enter Heaven so it's safe to presume Steve was given that direction as well being that he was in San Diego like I was.

My question for the current members is: How does a "worldly" pleasure such as video games, dancing, movies, etc. compromise your salvation?

My question for ex-members and the friends and family of current members is: Can you relate?

TheSite IsTrippin'
    Participant

MM:

Job 25:6 All human beings are maggots. The plan is that human on earth will be made perfect. That’s what the WMSCOG and other Christians have in common. They both believe that we are imperfect now but will be made perfect through Christ. Heb 11:40.

Simon
    Participant

What'swrong with maggots?

seriously it's a comparative not a degradation

Smurf
    Participant

@ Trippin': Do you believe you're perfect?

The difference between the wms and christians is that for christians it would be something to keep them grounded so they don't get too proud and start sniffing their own farts (a common practice nowadays), while in the WMS it's being used to exploit their members and make them try and be better by studying all the time or converting lots of ppl.

MountainMom
    Participant

@Trippin':  I still don't see the similarity because the wmscog teach works (especially the works that involve giving everything to Mother) as a way to make you perfect while Christians need belief in Jesus.  Big difference.

TheSite IsTrippin'
    Participant

Simon wrote:

What'swrong with maggots?

seriously it's a comparative not a degradation

What's wrong with them? They don't look appealing to me at all, for starters.

TheSite IsTrippin'
    Participant

Asian Named Person:

No! Of course not. What kind of question is that? And of course there are going to be differences between the WMSCOG and other churches. There are differences amongst there own Zions so the fact that there are differences between them and other people is given. I wasn’t talking about the differences and I wasn’t AT ALL implying that the WMSCOG and other churches were EXACTLY the same. All I said was that the belief that God has the plan to make human beings perfect in a place with tons of nonsense going around is ridiculous. I pointed out to MM that said belief is NOT exclusive to the WMSCOG. Perhaps she has NEVER heard of ANY other church with this SAME basic belief but I’ve been to plenty. They do exist.

TheSite IsTrippin'
    Participant

MM:

Oh.. my.. goodness. You are trying so hard to make the WMSCOG different from every other Christian in every way. I already pointed out the similarity and yet you provide a difference…..?? You’re right, you’re wasting your time. Moving on..

MountainMom
    Participant

@Trippin':  I don't see that I am trying to make the wmscog different.  They just ARE different, and I pointed it out.  They revel in their "different" status because you can't be saved unless you are one of them.  Am I not correct?  Don't they say that if you don't join us and worship the Mother you will burn in the lake of fire?     

But when you get right down to it, it always comes to this:  If what they did wasn't damaging to their members and families of their members, there wouldn't be a problem.  No one would even be here commenting.  The wmscog causes some really obvious problems. If it causes a problem, it IS a problem. 

TheSite IsTrippin'
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

@Trippin':  I don't see that I am trying to make the wmscog different.  They just ARE different, and I pointed it out.  They revel in their "different" status because you can't be saved unless you are one of them.  Am I not correct?  Don't they say that if you don't join us and worship the Mother you will burn in the lake of fire?     

But when you get right down to it, it always comes to this:  If what they did wasn't damaging to their members and families of their members, there wouldn't be a problem.  No one would even be here commenting.  The wmscog causes some really obvious problems. If it causes a problem, it IS a problem. 

No one said you were wrong. So the question: Am I not correct? is irrelevant*. You're steady saying that the WMSCOG and other Christians don't share the same basic belief in one day being made perfect (which is part of God's plan, whether it's Ahn, Jehovah, Jesus, Zahng.. whatever God [or god for the picky] you believe in). In other words, you're trying to say I'm wrong. Neither of us is wrong. Believing in God the Mother or not, being a destructive cult or not doesn't change the fact that the WMSCOG and other Christians (possibly other religious folk) share the hope of being made perfect. That's all I was saying.

Plus, no one said that the WSMCOG wasn't a problem. I don't understand how your statement relates to my comment about Heb 11:40. I mentioned that verse to answer you comment and question:

MountainMom wrote:

I never said that you were a maggot.  If you look back at my posts over the years, you would see I don't resort to that.  Don't know what plan you think the wmscog and Christians have in common, because I see very little that makes the two groups similar.  And the wmscog sees very little as well, because they emphasize that they are very different from other churches.  So different that a person cannot be saved unless they are a member of the wmscog.  So what proposed plan are you talking about?

TheSite IsTrippin'
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

And again you missed the point. I already know they're different. I already said that. What you ignored in some fashion is that I said you're trying to make them different in every way. You're responding to me as if the WMSCOG and other Christians don't share basic (or complex) beliefs, at all. None. Zip. Zero. Nada. Nothing. 9. That, my dear, is not true. Basically, the WMSCOG and other Christians believe they need to be saved. Why? Well, that's kind of why you need a Saviour (or Saviours). This is what I was looking at. The basics.

MountainMom
    Participant

@Trippin': I apologize if I have misread or missed your point.  I guess I believe the basics are that Jesus isn't Ahnsahnghong and the Mother isn't God.  That is what is basic to me.  And therefore the wmscog and Christians differ in the ultimate basic beliefs.  And I also don't believe that true Christians need to be saved.  They are already saved because of the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, as long as they believe.

There is no perfect in any human being on this world at this time, and I don't believe anyone can be made perfect by joining the correct church either.  Anyway, you see I am not trying to make the wmscog members different from all other Christians in every way.  I'm only stating my opinion, as are you.  We're both entitled.   

Love'n Honey
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

@Trippin': I apologize if I have misread or missed your point.  I guess I believe the basics are that Jesus isn't Ahnsahnghong and the Mother isn't God.  That is what is basic to me.  And therefore the wmscog and Christians differ in the ultimate basic beliefs.  And I also don't believe that true Christians need to be saved.  They are already saved because of the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, as long as they believe.

There is no perfect in any human being on this world at this time, and I don't believe anyone can be made perfect by joining the correct church either.  Anyway, you see I am not trying to make the wmscog members different from all other Christians in every way.  I'm only stating my opinion, as are you.  We're both entitled.   

I accept your apology! =)  But, I wasn't talking about opinions. I was talking about facts. It's not my opinion that Jesus took the punishent for our sins but the fact is that the Bible says he did. In the same way (in my cult voice), the WMSCOG members and some Christians, I used to be one of them, believe they will be made perfect in this imperfect world. That's a fact. Not an opinion. And the fact that I can rightfully (aside from opinion) connect the 2 with "and" shows a similarity.

With that being said and settled, regarding your question about it being better to change in heaven where there are better examples.. I received it as "That's a stupid plan.. Why would God do that?" So, I answered it basically saying that there are Christians (who seem to be accepted in this forum no matter the denomination) who believe the same stupid plan. So.. is it still stupid? Now.. I'm not saying that you said specifically that it was stupid. I'm just saying that's the energy I received from your post and am explaining the context of my response.

MountainMom
    Participant

Ok.  Understood. I guess I should say that I was dealing in facts in some parts as well.  Anyway, no further discussion needed.  Didn't mean to give negative vibes. 

The Chive
    Participant

Living easy, living free

Season ticket on a one-way ride

Asking nothing, leave me be

Taking everything in my stride

Don't need reason, don't need rhyme

Ain't nothing I'd rather do

Going down, party time

My friends are gonna be there too, yeah

I'm on the highway to hell

on the highway to hell

highway to hell

No stop signs, speed limit

Nobody's gonna slow me down

Like a wheel, gonna spin it

Nobody's gonna mess me round

Hey satan, payed my dues

Playing in a rocking band

Hey momma, look at me

Im on my way to the promised land

OWWW

highway to hell

highway to hell

ohhhhh

Don't stop me

yeah, yeah, owwww

on the highway to hell

on the highway to…HELL

highway to hell

highway to hell

highway to hell

highway to hell

momma, highway to highway to hell

And I'm going down, all the way down

Add song meaning

"'Post code envy' describe the envious feeling towards the people who can live in expansive area with well known post code (such as 90210 for hollywood)."

You can also add pictures, videos and links to other sites using the links at the top of the box

SUBMIT

<!– #selected-song-meaning-popup –>

Thank You For Your Submission

Your song meaning will appear once it has been deemed awesome byour team of wizards. Add more meanings to earn more points!

<ul class=”content img-stacked”>

<li class=”clearfix”>

Sarah2013
    Participant

Love'n Honey wrote:

My coworker (Bobby) was telling me yesterday that he knew a brother in San Diego (Steve) who was basically the video game guru. He absolutely loved and enjoyed video games. Not just playing but also talking about them. He was a gamer at heart. Bobby noticed that after Steve joined the WMSCOG he gave away all his games and consoles. He said when Steve started to talk about games (as a member) he would light up. When he realized what he was talking about he would shamefully walk away. At the time Bobby didn't understand why he did that but after I (Ms. Sofat) started telling him about how the members change after joining the church, he said it all started making sense. I'm guilty of doing something similar. I gave away all my Christmas and Halloween decor, threw out all my movies, music, and clothes that revealed "too much". I was told directly to rid my life of these things in order to enter Heaven so it's safe to presume Steve was given that direction as well being that he was in San Diego like I was.

My question for the current members is: How does a "worldly" pleasure such as video games, dancing, movies, etc. compromise your salvation?

My question for ex-members and the friends and family of current members is: Can you relate?

Hello Love'n Honey: I'm not a current member and I am totally againset the teachings of Wmscog. However, I do believe some video games, dance and movies can affect a godly state of mind. Wmscog is fantastically good at bringing out guilt in its members. Wolves in Sheep clothng…. All worldly enjoyment cannot be a first class ticket to condemnation. I completely disagree. Rather, the type of enjoyment determines which road one is headed for.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

Love'n Honey wrote:

Hello Love'n Honey: I'm not a current member and I am totally againset the teachings of Wmscog. However, I do believe some video games, dance and movies can affect a godly state of mind. Wmscog is fantastically good at bringing out guilt in its members. Wolves in Sheep clothng…. All worldly enjoyment cannot be a first class ticket to condemnation. I completely disagree. Rather, the type of enjoyment determines which road one is headed for.

I definitely wouldn't allow my daughter to watch po/rn. I definitely wouldn't recommend playing Satan based games. Of course. But your second statement: All worldly enjoyment cannot be a first cla/ss ticket to condemnation…. the key word all is what I was pointing out. There are members who won't go bowling or watch football or do anything that doesn't require a bible because in some highly stretched way it'll lead you to he/ll.

The movies they do decide to watch are approved by Zahng. The games they decide to play (kick ball for example) are only ok when it's during a "family" picnic. What I mean by "ok" is that no one tries to convince you to study or watch a video instead. Otherwise, burning sulfur awaits you.

MountainMom
    Participant

Remember FTOS?  When he was here he was telling me all about how he went golfing with his father in law, went vacationing, and apparently traveled all over the place because he said he knew my son, but was talking to me from a different time zone.  Anyway, I asked him how he had the time (and money) to do all that when my son had to stay where he was, couldn't miss a service, and just plain couldn't do family time.  He never answered me.  I also wondered where he worked that would allow him to have all this money and yet travel all over having a good time.  (I am pretty sure where he got the money, actually)

Love'n Honey
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

Remember FTOS?  When he was here he was telling me all about how he went golfing with his father in law, went vacationing, and apparently traveled all over the place because he said he knew my son, but was talking to me from a different time zone.  Anyway, I asked him how he had the time (and money) to do all that when my son had to stay where he was, couldn't miss a service, and just plain couldn't do family time.  He never answered me.  I also wondered where he worked that would allow him to have all this money and yet travel all over having a good time.  (I am pretty sure where he got the money, actually)

You know, he told me he did some things that are CLEARLY against the bible and practically bragged about it. Either he was lying or he's one corrupt member. His job, supposedly, is an English teacher. He specified in speech, not writing. I guess the Koreans pay big bucks to learn English??

MountainMom
    Participant

Well that is hilarious because FTOS couldn't spell cat if you spotted him CA.  Lol!  He couldn't have been a very good English teacher!   It was very annoying when he would misspell and misuse words.   He also told me he would like to come to my area and vacation and asked if there were any sites he should see.  I told him the historical Catholic Church down the road from us was a good one!  He didn't like that very much.  Oops!

Love'n Honey
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

Well that is hilarious because FTOS couldn't spell cat if you spotted him CA.  Lol!  He couldn't have been a very good English teacher!   It was very annoying when he would misspell and misuse words.   He also told me he would like to come to my area and vacation and asked if there were any sites he should see.  I told him the historical Catholic Church down the road from us was a good one!  He didn't like that very much.  Oops!

Lol! Nice.

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.