All Worldly Enjoyment is the Highway to He/ll

• Creator
    Topic
    Love'n Honey
    Participant

My coworker (Bobby) was telling me yesterday that he knew a brother in San Diego (Steve) who was basically the video game guru. He absolutely loved and enjoyed video games. Not just playing but also talking about them. He was a gamer at heart. Bobby noticed that after Steve joined the WMSCOG he gave away all his games and consoles. He said when Steve started to talk about games (as a member) he would light up. When he realized what he was talking about he would shamefully walk away. At the time Bobby didn't understand why he did that but after I (Ms. Sofat) started telling him about how the members change after joining the church, he said it all started making sense. I'm guilty of doing something similar. I gave away all my Christmas and Halloween decor, threw out all my movies, music, and clothes that revealed "too much". I was told directly to rid my life of these things in order to enter Heaven so it's safe to presume Steve was given that direction as well being that he was in San Diego like I was.

My question for the current members is: How does a "worldly" pleasure such as video games, dancing, movies, etc. compromise your salvation?

My question for ex-members and the friends and family of current members is: Can you relate?

Azula
    Participant

I can relate 100%

I actually stopped doing all the things that guys my age were doing and mind you I was only 19 at the time. Stopped going to parties, no socials, no movies, no video games, no dating, threw out all my music and only had new songs. I stopped going to the gym (which I really enjoyed) heck I even quit college because the end was around the corner!

Whenever I'd find myself enjoying time with my diminshing group of friends I would feel so guilty. I tried making friends within Zion but then we were told that if the assitant Korean overseer did not approve then such meetings were considered worldly as we would be talking about worldly things (the sheer arrogance of Koreans who actually saw themselves as the only ones who understood the "truth" better than the locals) But even when I tried making friends within Zion everyone was uptight and false because there was the pressure to appear perfect.

I even remember eating was something difficult for me to do as I would always be hearing stories of how mother was fasting endlessly for us to be spiritually awakened and how father would sacrifice a bowl of soup to write the truth books. So whenever I went to McDonalds I would be consumed by guilt so stayed away.

I remember how I started to look at the world with contempt and began to resent those in the world who were not doing the things that I was doing and who actually seemed to enjoy their lives. I began to see myself as being better than they were and could not wait for them suffer whilst I would recieve my rewards in the eternal world. (My God! I had become so corrput in the very place where god was supposedly dwelling!)

It's things like this that made me doubt the so called "perfect truth". Not the doctrine per say, but rather how corrupt and narrow minded I had become. There's no way God could be pleased with such a person, suchb a heart. I had to get out whilst I still had time.

*It's a bit long. Sorry!*

Questioninginla
    Participant

Of course all worldly things are the road to hell.

Where would you spend your time if that were the case?

The Chive
    Participant

I like facts too much……….. I cant give up facts…..

Questioninginla
    Participant

The Chive wrote:

I like facts too much……….. I cant give up facts…..

manmade.  not from the Bible.

or

we kick you out and ostracize you.

/yawn

Next recruit please.

Sarah2013
    Participant

My take is this: Wmscog or not, some things are not good for the spirit. Wmscog isn’t lying 100 percent. However, Satan never comes with horns saying “I’m the devil.” He comes deceitfully. I don’t like the celebration of Halloween but it does not mean I’m on team Wmscog. Some of these video games we buy for our kids were carefully thought out to distort the minds of our children, which makes them quite disturbing. What do kids really learn from some of those video games? Yet, I continue to say that a false Christ belief system is still and always will be false – period.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Sarah-

I'm not saying you said or implied anything in the next 2 paragraphs. I'm mentioning the following because this is what I've heard and read from other believers in some sort of God and today's parents.

People celebrate Halloween for different reasons. Halloween for my family is no different than princess dress up time. Also, a good scare, for some, is pleasing chemically. The rush I feel walking through the Haunted Trails is the same rush I feel riding a roller coaster at 6 Flags. The WMSCOG focuses on the origin (whether accurate or not) of today's celebrations instead of how today's celebrations are celebrated by different families. How is dressing up as a pirate on Halloween dangerous for my soul? Shouldn't dress up be dangerous for my soul the days before and after Halloween as well? I'm just wearing clothes I don't normally wear and pretending to be someone I'm not.

Video games are stimulants. I'm not fond of Anaya playing COD or zombie games because of the violence. She'll have nightmares. But the WMSCOG even told me Mario Bros. was off limits. I was pretty sad about that because Mario (Bros., Cart, Party, all of them) is my favorite genre of games. How do we benefit? Another chemically pleasing activity. For some it's relaxing; for others a way to have fun with the family or by yourself. Personally, I like story line games because of the achievements. Makes me feel like I accomplished something. Plus, video games don't make you violent or stupid and also don't gaurantee your ticket to hell. The Holy Bible tells you how to get to hell and it doesn't include golf, COD, Halloween, open toed shoes, colored hair, etc. Your attitude and some other physical things like adultry* are what send you to hell.

You also made a wonderful ending statement about false Christs. These people are giving up every worldly pleasure to worship the devil in disguise. Oh, the irony! My soul was fine and happy with my Halloween and Mario. I gave it up for insanity.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

In an online text sermon entitled Our Future, GP talks about our future as humans and our future as spiritual beings. I think this sermon alone is completely fine. It says, yea you can plan for your physical future but what about your spiritual future? Don't forget about that.

The problem is, however, this doesn't rest at this sermon. Anytime you mention taking a vacation, a day off, or something similar, you're heavily encouraged to spend that time in Zion which really isn't a vacation or a day off. Even though I might need a degree to get a particular job or I may need to give my brain a rest from preaching, studying, and work, because these physical things are of no use after death, they are looked at as unimportant. And if you decide to spend your "extra" hours in school or sleeping you're reminded of the burning sulfur of he/ll and guilted by the "sacrafices" Ahn and Zahng made for you.

Don't be surprised when your friends and/or family go to college less and less until they don't go anymore, give up military orders to see the world, or quit their full time job for part time employment. They do all of this for the sake of heaven and will even lie to you about it.

Current members: If you have to lie about serving your God, you're clearly ashamed. But as I learned, serving God isn't anything to be ashamed about. So.. why lie?

emil
    Participant

^ I like the last point. Well made.

Travis
    Participant

Love'n Honey wrote:

In an online text sermon entitled Our Future, GP talks about our future as humans and our future as spiritual beings. I think this sermon alone is completely fine. It says, yea you can plan for your physical future but what about your spiritual future? Don't forget about that.

The problem is, however, this doesn't rest at this sermon. Anytime you mention taking a vacation, a day off, or something similar, you're heavily encouraged to spend that time in Zion which really isn't a vacation or a day off. Even though I might need a degree to get a particular job or I may need to give my brain a rest from preaching, studying, and work, because these physical things are of no use after death, they are looked at as unimportant. And if you decide to spend your "extra" hours in school or sleeping you're reminded of the burning sulfur of he/ll and guilted by the "sacrafices" Ahn and Zahng made for you.

Don't be surprised when your friends and/or family go to college less and less until they don't go anymore, give up military orders to see the world, or quit their full time job for part time employment. They do all of this for the sake of heaven and will even lie to you about it.

Current members: If you have to lie about serving your God, you're clearly ashamed. But as I learned, serving God isn't anything to be ashamed about. So.. why lie?

Your last argument was always my breaking point with my X .. I always told her, "I would respect and understand you more if at least you wouldn't about what you do in church." It should not be shameful to love and follow God. The WMSCOG instruct them to lie so the don't have to go through the same stuff Jesus and its followers went through 2000 years ago .. in their opinion, it is ok to lie to family and friends if it is to follow God's commands .. 

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Travis wrote:

Love'n Honey wrote:

Your last argument was always my breaking point with my X .. I always told her, "I would respect and understand you more if at least you wouldn't about what you do in church." It should not be shameful to love and follow God. The WMSCOG instruct them to lie so the don't have to go through the same stuff Jesus and its followers went through 2000 years ago .. in their opinion, it is ok to lie to family and friends if it is to follow God's commands .. 

Right. I remember being told that my friends and family would more than likely reject the "Truth".

I wasn't supposed to give the whole name of the church because they might go look it up. At first I didn't understand why looking up the church would be a bad thing. In fact, I never googled the church until a few days before I left. 

If I was asked if I believed in Jesus, my response was always yes with no further explanation. I knew the context of the question. I was being asked if I believed Jesus was the Saviour. The real answer was no but I lied anyway. Now I see that it was a trick. It was deception to try and lure in Christians.

If I wasn't lying about the "Truth" I was hiding it for fear of persecution. But at the same time I was taught that persecution was good. If it's good, why avoid it? There are so many contridictions in this cult's beliefs and practices. But they have the excuse that their Deacons, Deaconesses Missionaries, Kwonsanims, and Pastors are all human and make bad judgements from time to time. So, I can't even say that Zahng encouraged me to lie and hide because I never got the chance to meet her. I wasn't even interested in meeting her. I had the mindset that if I'm going to heaven with her, why should I spend my rent money on a plane ticket to see her? I'll have plenty of time in heaven to see her. Lol.

Travis
    Participant

Love'n Honey wrote:

Travis wrote:

Love'n Honey wrote:

Right. I remember being told that my friends and family would more than likely reject the "Truth".

I wasn't supposed to give the whole name of the church because they might go look it up. At first I didn't understand why looking up the church would be a bad thing. In fact, I never googled the church until a few days before I left. 

If I was asked if I believed in Jesus, my response was always yes with no further explanation. I knew the context of the question. I was being asked if I believed Jesus was the Saviour. The real answer was no but I lied anyway. Now I see that it was a trick. It was deception to try and lure in Christians.

If I wasn't lying about the "Truth" I was hiding it for fear of persecution. But at the same time I was taught that persecution was good. If it's good, why avoid it? There are so many contradictions in this cult's beliefs and practices. But they have the excuse that their Deacons, Deaconesses Missionaries, Kwonsanims, and Pastors are all human and make bad judgements from time to time. So, I can't even say that Zahng encouraged me to lie and hide because I never got the chance to meet her. I wasn't even interested in meeting her. I had the mindset that if I'm going to heaven with her, why should I spend my rent money on a plane ticket to see her? I'll have plenty of time in heaven to see her. Lol.

I have this curiosity,  does a believer in eternal life truly believe that he or she will be able to meet and hang out with God once in heaven.??

Once up there what's the plan, is life going to be just about what God commands people to do?

I think is irresponsible to believe that God is always going to have it all planned, I think is a way for some people to avoid responsibilities. I mean, its easier to think, "God always has a plan for me," while you sit there waiting for the plan to take effect …

Another question … members of WMSCOG are desperately trying very hard to achieve salvation for themselves. They don't care one bit about their Earthly family members: mom, dad, siblings, children, etc. How do God visions their thought process, how can a God be ok with a human being, who does not care one bit about the one who carried you for 9 months on their belly and spent most of her life taking good care of you.. I'm not questioning God .. I'm questioning COG member's thought process and logic. 

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Travis wrote:

Love'n Honey wrote:

If I wasn't lying about the "Truth" I was hiding it for fear of persecution. But at the same time I was taught that persecution was good. If it's good, why avoid it? There are so many contradictions in this cult's beliefs and practices. But they have the excuse that their Deacons, Deaconesses Missionaries, Kwonsanims, and Pastors are all human and make bad judgements from time to time. So, I can't even say that Zahng encouraged me to lie and hide because I never got the chance to meet her. I wasn't even interested in meeting her. I had the mindset that if I'm going to heaven with her, why should I spend my rent money on a plane ticket to see her? I'll have plenty of time in heaven to see her. Lol.

I have this curiosity,  does a believer in eternal life truly believe that he or she will be able to meet and hang out with God once in heaven.??

Once up there what's the plan, is life going to be just about what God commands people to do?

I think is irresponsible to believe that God is always going to have it all planned, I think is a way for some people to avoid responsibilities. I mean, its easier to think, "God always has a plan for me," while you sit there waiting for the plan to take effect …

Another question … members of WMSCOG are desperately trying very hard to achieve salvation for themselves. They don't care one bit about their Earthly family members: mom, dad, siblings, children, etc. How do God visions their thought process, how can a God be ok with a human being, who does not care one bit about the one who carried you for 9 months on their belly and spent most of her life taking good care of you.. I'm not questioning God .. I'm questioning COG member's thought process and logic. 

When I believed, yes. I believed that I was already hanging out with God. The difference in heaven is I would be able to see God's true form.

From what I understood, life in heaven isn't about rules. We all have the same mind, heart, and intentions so there's no need for any type of law. As a member, we asked people: Who is the law for? The answer: The law is for the law breaker. If my daughter never did anything I deemed wrong then what would be the need for house rules? None. Only those who are one with the mind of God can go to heaven. Being that they all have the same mind, there would be no need for rules, laws, or commands.

Phil 2:12 says to work out your salvation, not anyone elses. I asked people: Who comes 1st, you or your kids? They answered: My kids. I explained to them that always putting your kids first sets you up for failure. If you don't make sure you're healthy (mentally, physically, financially) then how can you operate at your full potential for your kids? It's the same spiritually. Take care of your spiritual health so you be able to assist others. Plus, you can't make someone else be a good child of God. We didn't not care about our physical family. We just understood that there are more important things. It's not that I didn't love my ex. It's just that I love my daughter more. Priorities. Plus, just because my mom carried me for 9 months and spent half her life taking care of me doesn't mean I should essentially idolize her and forget about my walk with God to focus on hers.

MountainMom
    Participant

I have come to understand that this is how they made your family unimportant.  However, how can angels be kicked out of heaven if everyone is of the same mind and no rules are needed?  And how can a little baby be seen as this sinner who was kicked out of heaven if everyone there was perfect? 

TheSite IsTrippin'
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

I have come to understand that this is how they made your family unimportant.  However, how can angels be kicked out of heaven if everyone is of the same mind and no rules are needed?  And how can a little baby be seen as this sinner who was kicked out of heaven if everyone there was perfect? 

I don't know about your family because I haven't met or spoken to your loved one specifically… However, from personal experience, our family and friends weren't unimportant. They just weren't as important. If you had enough money to pay your rent or pay your cable, gas, electric, water, etc. bills which would you pay? They're all important but I would hope you would see that your rent is the most important of all the bills. What good is being up to date on your light bill when you're evicted? Lol. What good is focusing on the salvation of others when you're on your way to he/ll?

And angels were never perfect as a whole. The imperfect ones were kicked out and were sent to earth to be made perfect. There were once rules in heaven as demonstrated in the parable of Adam and Eve.

Questioninginla
    Participant

Love'n Honey wrote:

Travis wrote:

I'm questioning COG member's thought process and logic. 

When I believed, yes. I believed that I was already hanging out with God. The difference in heaven is I would be able to see God's true form.

From what I understood, life in heaven isn't about rules. We all have the same mind, heart, and intentions so there's no need for any type of law. As a member, we asked people: Who is the law for? The answer: The law is for the law breaker. If my daughter never did anything I deemed wrong then what would be the need for house rules? None. Only those who are one with the mind of God can go to heaven. Being that they all have the same mind, there would be no need for rules, laws, or commands.

LnHoney does a good job of (showing how) progressing through an argument to bring one to an end thought that will make sense of getting there.

However, the final result is making automatons out of humans.  In other words, on day one imagine: 

"hello new person.  we would like for you to join this church.  the end goal will be that you think exactly like all of the others here, and those thoughts will be exactly like this person in Korea wants you to have.  Not to worry, though, the person in Korea is God.  therefore, thoughts outside of what you will soon learn will be, by default, not of God, and therefore blasphemy.  you will be taught that this is good and to avoid people that criticize this system, and by default this means that you will never be capable of leaving this church, but that makes sense because this is coming from God.  moreover, you will learn that people need to be taught piecemeal what I have just told you, because if you were told this up front you would likely not join our church.  you may think this is deceitful now, but you will come to view this method as necessary."

MountainMom
    Participant

@Trippin':  Does it make sense to send angels to earth to make them perfect?  Especially if there are so many "pagans" here, and the devil is going to come in the form of your Mom/Dad/Sister/Brother to trick you from the wmscog?    Wouldn't you think there was more chance of becoming better up in Heaven where the people around you are a better crowd? 

I can't believe I am even wasting my time addressing this ridiculous premise.  But it does make it easier, if you buy into it, to give up all your money, possessions, and time to this illegitimate cause that comes from other men.

TheSite IsTrippin'
    Participant

Q:

One of the most important traits in being a WMSCOG member.

MountainMom
    Participant

Yep, suspension of critical thinking.  Checking your brain at the door to the church.

TheSite IsTrippin'
    Participant

MM:

I’m sorry to be wasting your time. But no, I don’t think this proposed plan the WMSCOG and other Christians seem to agree with is remotely a good idea. I don’t think believing in God at all is a good idea. But hey.. I’m just maggot, remember?

MountainMom
    Participant

I never said that you were a maggot.  If you look back at my posts over the years, you would see I don't resort to that.  Don't know what plan you think the wmscog and Christians have in common, because I see very little that makes the two groups similar.  And the wmscog sees very little as well, because they emphasize that they are very different from other churches.  So different that a person cannot be saved unless they are a member of the wmscog.  So what proposed plan are you talking about?

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.