Biblical Prophecies

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

So let me first throw out that I am not a believer, but I am in a relationship with a woman who’s been with the wmscog for maybe a decade and she’s had her deacon (henchmen) try to bring me in a few times and they always seem to start with how the bible prophecised things like the holocaust and nuclear bombs. They do this by jumping around to and fro with different passages in the bible but I haven’t seen anything on this page about this. Any help or thoughts you guys can throw at me? Also, as a subject for another sermon, I’d like to break my significant other free from this group.

emil
    Participant

Hello and welcome. I'm sorry to hear about your significant other. I wish I could say "it will all turn out OK in the end" but I can't honestly say it. If you think you'll be able to get her to change her mind by arguing doctrine with her, you'll come to a painful realization that you simply can't. She may look like she has one mouth and two ears but those two ears cannot hear anything that conflicts with the WMSCOG teachings.

For help about the subject you asked, this link should help immensely. This blog is written by one of our most respected members here.

Anonymous

Thanks for that! Also, not knowing a lot about other religions, I find things about hers particular that I don’t know know if are a part of other faiths. Most notably the fact that she doesn’t attend church too frequently (which I view as hope) but when she keeps her service at home she has to call or text her deacon that she kept the service…even during their “feast” when she’s waking up at 5 to pray or whatever. I find this very odd and almost as a means of control…any thoughts?

MountainMom
    Participant

It is most definitely a means of control.  I am curious since you said she doesn't attend frequently.  This is not usually allowed.  They insist that their members be in attendance at all times.  I know of one who said if he was in the emergency room hooked up to IV's he would rip them out and go to church!  I wonder if your significant other gives a lot of money to them.  They seem to make exceptions for people who donate a lot of money, but not for others. 

Disturbed
    Participant

She’s “allowed” to keep service at home because the church is probably too far to reasonably commute. She will probably go for Passover, which is the most important feast day to them.

You may have a chance…they can’t brainwash her as much if she’s not physically there.

I am a former member. Ask away any questions you have & I’ll answer to the best of my ability.

emil
    Participant

LindembergBroil wrote:

Most notably the fact that she doesn't attend church too frequently (which I view as hope) 

That certainly makes your situation much more hopeful than most. What I said earlier is not so entirely applicable in this case. My suggestion is to let her feel that you are marginally interested. Then ask her a question from time to time. Questions which will cause her to ponder. I'm sure Disturbed and MountainMom will supply you with the right questions. Keep the questions handy and shoot out one at a time at the proper opportunity.

Secondly, head over to Genny's "encountering" blog for which I gave you a link. Study it diligently. This blog gives you a whole lot of their doctrines and Genny refutes each of them. By studying this, whenever she explains something to you, you will be prepared to ask questions which she will not be able to answer satisfactorily.

MountainMom
    Participant

@LindembergBroil:  I would most definitely help you if you have any questions.  Feel free to private message me, or ask away on the forum.

I am also very familiar with Genny's forum, which is an excellent source of information. 

Love'n Honey
    Participant

The Passover was the greatest festival of the Jews, and they didn’t hand criminals over to be crucified on the Passover. In the Apostolic age, when the Apostle Peter was kept in prison, the Passover came and they waited until it was over. It was on the Passover night that an angel of the Lord rescued Peter from prison (Ac 12:1-10). But the Feast of Unleavened Bread, beginning on the fifteenth day of the first month of the sacred year, was the day on which the Israelites left Egypt (Nu 33:3) while the Egyptians buried their firstborns (Nu 33:4). So, it was customary for the Jews to crucify criminals on this day. By bearing a curse on the cross, Jesus redeemed us from the curse. As it is written:

Gal 3:13 『Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”』(cf. Dt 21:22-23)

If we carefully study many verses in the Bible, we come to understand that Jesus was crucified on the day of Unleavened Bread, the day after the Passover. Therefore, it was on the fourteenth day of the first month at twilight, when the Passover lamb had to be sacrificed, that Jesus ate the last Passover.

What about 1 Cor 5:7? Jesus was the Passover Lamb. The 14th day of Nisan is the day the PO lamb had to be sacrificed. According to John (reading several chapters is required) Jesus was sacrificed on PO which means He fulfilled the PO lamb of the OT. I'm still not understanding why Matthew, Mark, and Luke have different records than John. All the while, John's record (though just one) fits the bill more closely than Matthew, Mark, and Luke. Serious confusion.

Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.

emil
    Participant

^ I have commented on this post in this thread.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.