LOVE AND HATE: What did Jesus really mean?

Tagged: ,

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

When  Jesus told the crowds that were following him, “If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.” (Luke 14:26)

This is a key doctrinal point for the WMSCOG! Leave your family! Come follow us! We will show you true love! Now, if it was put directly like this to a new person very few of them would join up. (Cults for many generations have used division and separation like this.)

Did Jesus literally mean to HATE your family? Let’s dive into this question and seek the truth in the matter and in so doing prove or disprove this key doctrinal point of the WMS.

Here’s one translation of the Ten Commandments for reference:

1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
    2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
    3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
    4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it.
    5. Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
    6. Thou shalt not kill.
    7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
    8. Thou shalt not steal.
    9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
    10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Check out commandment number six! Thou shalt not kill. In other translations it reads: Thou shalt not commit murder.

What does this have to do with hate you might be asking? Jesus taught that if you have hate in your heart for someone then in your heart you have committed murder against them. You are a killer at heart!

Let’s go on: Look at commandment number five; Honor thy father and thy mother:  that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God has giveth thee. This certainly doesn’t seem like you should be murdering your parents. In fact this command comes with the promise that your days will be long and that the Lord our God has given us the land.

Why does there seem to be such a contradiction between what the commandments say and what Jesus said? Jesus spoke in metaphors and comparisons. Even the WMS teaches this!

Jesus wants your love for him to be so great that when your love for anything else is compared with it the love for those things will seem like nothing.

Look at the first commandment:  Thou shalt have no other Gods before ME. (I capt, bolded, and underlined ME to show the singularity of the one true God.)

The love we have for our families is a great love. This great love that we have should never be diminished or tossed aside however, the love that you have for God should be so much greater that when anyone tries to compare the two it’s obvious who you love more!

I am going to quote from a book I’m reading. (The Resolution for Men; Pg. 217 last paragraph.) The bottom line is that Jesus must be the Lord over all of your relationships (Luke 14:26), your possessions (Luke 14:33), and yourself (Luke 14:27). OVER EVERYTHING. He must become the One you are most loyal to. Your most intimate Friend. Because when He is, something amazing happens – something only God can do. Your love for your spouse, your children, and others actually increases. He starts loving your family through you, far more completely than you could do on your own.

You want true love then love Jesus more!

What does this mean about the doctrine of the WMSCOG? It means that they have once again twisted something in God’s word to mean something else. Jesus NEVER wanted to kill his family any more than he wants you to kill yours! The truth of the matter is that He wants to put MORE love into your family.  Should you believe in the WMSCOG’s doctrine? Just look at the words in caps above. NEVER MORE! 

KC
    Participant

for wmscog its more simple : everybody who CAN think or can clearly SEE mama god is a con must be the devil sent from hell to kill YOU 

Joshua
    Participant

Control and manipulation, this cult is very good at what they do. If they can't answer the question without revealing that their views are flawed then they claim that it's Satan coming to lead them astray. They should see the truth if in fact the truth is in them but it is so painfully clear that it's not.

Joshua
    Participant

Here's another post that the WMSCOG doesn't seem to be able to comment on. WMS members, are you seeing the problems with your group yet? Is the truth getting through?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I don’t like reading so many words at one time.. lol. Maybe that’s why they aren’t commenting.

Simon
    Participant

It is true, a lot of people don't like to read "walls of text" also we do have to realize

Also this doesn't address an overt doctrine so they may disregard it.

Joshua
    Participant

Ok, you got me on this one. Please help me understand what the overt doctrines are so that I can do more effective research on these topics. You know me I really want to help anyone who will listen. The goal is to free people from this bondage. I know we address the WMS mostly here however if our post are read by anyone in any controlling group like the WMS I would hope that the information would get them thinking. Outside of this forum I am actively conversating face to face with people from the SDA cult as well as the Mormon cult. Because of the information all of the folks here have been posting as well as some of the other websites that this site links to I have been able to open up constructive conversations with these other folks. By the way, there are many subdivisions of each of these cults. One believes and says this and another one believes and says that. Sounds like the differences that we keep hearing about between different zions.

Sarah2013
    Participant

This is a really good topic, Joshua. I must have overlooked it when you first made the post.

Stained
    Participant

"Wish You Were Here"

So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,

blue skies from pain.

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?

A smile from a veil?

Do you think you can tell?

And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?

Hot ashes for trees?

Hot air for a cool breeze?

Cold comfort for change?

And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,

Running over the same old ground.

What have we found? The same old fears.

Wish you were here.

Love Floyd.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Nice post, Stained.

Stained
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

Nice post, Stained.

Well thank you.  That is so sweet.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.