time changing during the year

• Creator
    Topic
    Curious1
    Participant

Hi, I'm new on this forum, although I've looked at some of your topics for a while. I'm also an ex-member. I was wondering if the starting times of the service is changing during the year, or the same all the year around.

Curious1
    Participant

I was told that it had to do something with the biblical festivals. Can anyone respond about this, from countries where they don't do daylight saving.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

That's odd.. Whether daylight savings time is observed or not, an hour after sunrise is different in winter than it is in summer… if that makes any sense.

In San Diego, CA the time of the 'Appointed Times' change during the seasons.

Simon
    Participant

They change at The Spring and Autumn Festivals probably because they are easy markers for us to recall.

Curious1
    Participant

Ok, thanks, you see an hour after sunrise, do you have pointed hours like 9:00 o'clock or something like that?

Cephas' Brother
    Participant

They do here in Michigan curious. My girl has alarms set for 9am and 3pm every day for prayer. Just another tool to keep you obedient.

Simon
    Participant

Actually that is one thing actually in scripture.

Doesn’t mean they aren’t using it for control but neither does the fact they use it for control make it wrong

Love'n Honey
    Participant

The Scripture, the original I guess, doesn't specify the time like we do. It says at the 4th hour or the 9th hour which means 4 and 9 hours after sunrise respectively.

This is similar to the Resurrection. There's no actual date, which I believe is the 17th of Nisan, so they the 1st Sunday after blah blah…

I'm having a hard time explaining. It all makes sense in my head.

Curious1
    Participant

thanks for all the reply's. Cephas' Brother says in Michigan they have the appointed time at 9 a.m and 3 p.m. Is this the whole year round, or will it change at some time of the year?

Simon
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

The Scripture, the original I guess, doesn't specify the time like we do. It says at the 4th hour or the 9th hour which means 4 and 9 hours after sunrise respectively.

This is similar to the Resurrection. There's no actual date, which I believe is the 17th of Nisan, so they the 1st Sunday after blah blah…

I'm having a hard time explaining. It all makes sense in my head.

yes its given in terms like sixth and ninth hour 🙂  but it is approximate to 9 and 3 (for some of the year)

and the reason the sunday after passover is kept is that was the appointed time of the wave offering in prophecy of the ressurection

Love'n Honey
    Participant

That's what the WMSCOG says but that's not what other churches say. It's something about the equinox I think..

Simon
    Participant

its what the Bible says

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Simon wrote:

its what the Bible says

Annoying level 27

Simon
    Participant

Shrugs

Love'n Honey
    Participant

For future reference, Simon, you don't have to respond to everything. You're like an angry black woman, always wanting the last word. Adding to the conversation when it's not necessary. When you make your point, try leaving it at that. Even that ''shrugs'' comment was not necessary. What's wrong with you that makes you need to be the last to comment all the damn time? Not just here but even on FB.

Harry
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

For future reference, Simon, you don't have to respond to everything. You're like an angry black woman, always wanting the last word. Adding to the conversation when it's not necessary. When you make your point, try leaving it at that. Even that ''shrugs'' comment was not necessary. What's wrong with you that makes you need to be the last to comment all the damn time? Not just here but even on FB.

I wouldn't go as far as to say theres anything wrong with him

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I love you, Harry. Lol..

Simon
    Participant

It is rude not to respond when people talk to you

Simon
    Participant

and I am pretty sure that annoying level 27 wasn't especially important

Harry
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

I love you, Harry. Lol..

I love you too, Renita

Curious1
    Participant

They changed servicehour time yesterday overhere, in other churches too?

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.