Leaving WMSCOG

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

This is my first post here so if I break any unspoken rules or courtisies of this forum I apoligize, also please excuse my username I just want to be cautious of who may read my post.

Long story short, I am a part of the WMSCOG now, and I want out. I have been there around 2 months and my family still has no clue whatsoever of my involvement with them. It is taking too much time away from my studies and I am tired of them emotionally manipulating me into doing things I don't want to do.

I came here because if there was anywhere to find people who have left it would be here. Of course they have my address, mobile number etc. (though not home phone as I don't have one), so how can I leave without making things messy?

I don't know which forum to put this into so I will just put it in General.

emil
    Participant

Disturbed wrote:

Please forgive my ignorance, as I don't fully understand what Agnostic is/means. 

agnostic means – does not know whether there is a god or not. Unsure either way. Prayer wouldn't be natural for him at this point in time. Perhaps later, after he spends time with his minister friend, things may change.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Agnostic basically means I don't know/am undecided on God/religion. Now that you mention it they will probably try to find me at school. I don't live in the US so our days are slightly different, there was no service tonight but I told them that I would come tomorrow night for study (they have already called me 4 times today, unbelievable). 

Is there any point in trying to reason with them? As in, if I boldly state that I will NOT be returning to the church will they continue to harass me?

emil
    Participant

Anonymous111 wrote:

Agnostic basically means I don't know/am undecided on God/religion. Now that you mention it they will probably try to find me at school. I don't live in the US so our days are slightly different, there was no service tonight but I told them that I would come tomorrow night for study (they have already called me 4 times today, unbelievable). 

Is there any point in trying to reason with them? As in, if I boldly state that I will NOT be returning to the church will they continue to harass me?

That is your best approach. But only when they call for you. They will continue for a while but eventually they will give up. Don't be afraid. They cannot physically harm you. That would generate a stink from her to kingdom come which is something they cannot afford at this time. Know your strength. Know their weakness.

Sarah2013
    Participant

@ Anonymous111: Why was there no service tonight?

Sarah2013
    Participant

@ Disturbed: Yes. I figured you misread what I meant. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for your answer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Sarah2013
    : It's a Wednesday

Also sorry emil I did not see one of your previous posts.

"you might still be vulnerable to the pretty girl approach", I am afraid that this is my Achilies heel.

"What is the religious inclination of your family?", well my mother (parents are divorced) is some sort of new age pseudo-hippy but my dad is a moderate presbyterian (he is a christian but not very devout, partly because he's working himself to death with his job). I just don't want to tell them because they will think that I am still unable to take care of myself and handle my own business, I am at the time of my life where it is important that I practice some independence.

emil
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

@ Anonymous111: Why was there no service tonight?

I think he means tonight isn't Tuesday where he lives.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Oh, ok. Makes sense.

emil
    Participant

Anonymous111 wrote:

"What is the religious inclination of your family?", well my mother (parents are divorced) is some sort of new age pseudo-hippy but my dad is a moderate presbyterian (he is a christian but not very devout, partly because he's working himself to death with his job). I just don't want to tell them because they will think that I am still unable to take care of myself and handle my own business, I am at the time of my life where it is important that I practice some independence.

I can see why you don't want them to know. But I think you have done great by getting out. Shows you are capable of handling yourself. Failure is not so bad. Much worse is failing to learn and get up after a failure. This one has helped you to realize where your Achiles heal can get you. Take care my young friend.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks mate, all the best to you too.

emil
    Participant

^ All the best to you too. I see you haven't found God in your life. I sense that one day God will find you.

Harry
    Participant

Hey Anonymous111,  just tell the cult groupies the truth:

"I came here to bang some korean babes, I didn't get what I wanted, so I QUIT!!!"

Throw in an expletive and they will get the picture real quick.

Good job on getting out man, that's not easy!    Try to keep an open mind on God, it cn com in handy. Good luck

Smurf
    Participant

Yep, not showing up works every time. You tell them(preferably message them) you found out the truth about their whole scam, and ignore them if they approach you. If you don't do anything to provoke them they quickly forget about you and everyone moves on with their lives…

But if you decide to take offence… then it gets interesting ๐Ÿ™‚

Harry
    Participant

OR you could just tell them your with Satan now, they usually run pretty fast when they hear that!!

Simon
    Participant

Smh. its kinda true

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don't think I want to tell them I know about their scam, as it makes me look a bit agressive and they will get all fired up, I think I may actually take Harry's advice here since that is why I joined in the first place.

This is the message I just sent the pastor:

I have decided that I will not be coming back to church. Please do not try to contact me anymore. The reason I am leaving is [basically saying it takes too much time and I have my studies among other commitments which are suffering], I am sorry that it ends like this and I very much enjoyed my time at the church. To be honest I still don't believe in God, I just joined because you were all very nice and the girls were very cute. Regards, [my name].

Smurf
    Participant

… good job ๐Ÿ˜ it's like superman declaring to his worst enemies that he's vulnerable to cryptonyte… now they know what makes you tick and I can bet you they're going to bank on it ๐Ÿ˜‰

you may be out without it getting messy, but they are going to use this tactic on their future victims… since you have now told them how effective it is.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Too true Smurf, though I believe they were already catching on to how vulnerable to that tactic I was. If anyone is interested, here is the Pastors' reply, if I could get some advice that would be great.

Can i talk face to face? I'd like to ask somthing that I don't understand.. Anyway we had goodtime for over a month so i think you can drop by today to talk a bit. . Can i see you today? Don't feel burden to come today.. See you in the afternoon.. is it okay?

It's a bit odd to say the least, he doesn't normally talk like this and is usually a bit more assertive.

Smurf
    Participant

Don't fall for it. They may seem concerned but it's only part of the act. They'll flood you with all their hollow textbook arguments and once they've covered everything on the check list they won't bother you anymore. They'll use up all their wild cards at once, sometimes they'll use stuff that doesn't even make sense and that's how you know they aren't personally interested, they're only following protocol.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Silly old me forgot that I was borrowing "My sheep listen to my voice" from one of them, so I have to return it. I will just slip in and place it on the counter and leave.

Also I think it is damn hilarious that I tell him that I am leaving because it took up too much of my time and he then asks me to come that very day.

This is my response: 

"If you have any questions please ask them now. I will return "My sheep listen to my voice later this week but I will not stop to talk."

I am guessing that they will try relatively hard to keep me in the church as it is a brand new Zion and right now it seems that I am their only recruit.

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.