Leaving WMSCOG

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

This is my first post here so if I break any unspoken rules or courtisies of this forum I apoligize, also please excuse my username I just want to be cautious of who may read my post.

Long story short, I am a part of the WMSCOG now, and I want out. I have been there around 2 months and my family still has no clue whatsoever of my involvement with them. It is taking too much time away from my studies and I am tired of them emotionally manipulating me into doing things I don't want to do.

I came here because if there was anywhere to find people who have left it would be here. Of course they have my address, mobile number etc. (though not home phone as I don't have one), so how can I leave without making things messy?

I don't know which forum to put this into so I will just put it in General.

Disturbed
    Participant

Hi Anonymous111…best I can tell you is stop showing up and stop taking their calls. They will have many people call you, including go so far as to call you from blocked numbers. Ignore them if you so choose or tell them stop calling. They will probably try to show up at your house unannounced. You can respectfully ask them to leave and if necessary call 911. They are going to ask you to study to try to indoctrinate you further. Don’t fall for that line! They will say you don’t have understanding, that you need to study more. And if they ask…DO NOT sign a non disclosure agreement. Don’t sign anything! Just get out and be glad you didn’t spend years like some of us in their clutches. Do not give any more money (tithing or free will offerings).

Disturbed
    Participant

One more thought…if you can let your family know that you’re involved with this group! WMSCOG tries to isolate members from their family & friends who aren’t in the truth. Keep everyone around you aware of what’s going on please! It’s very important that they see you have supporters.

Simon
    Participant

Yeah i just stopped going

Sarah2013
    Participant

Hey. Glad you came to this site. Just stop cold turkey – i did. Do let your family in on it as Disturbed mentioned, and stop tithes and offerings. You will be ok in Jesus Name.

emil
    Participant

Anonymous111 wrote:

This is my first post here so if I break any unspoken rules or courtisies of this forum I apoligize, also please excuse my username I just want to be cautious of who may read my post.

Long story short, I am a part of the WMSCOG now, and I want out. I have been there around 2 months and my family still has no clue whatsoever of my involvement with them. It is taking too much time away from my studies and I am tired of them emotionally manipulating me into doing things I don't want to do.

I came here because if there was anywhere to find people who have left it would be here. Of course they have my address, mobile number etc. (though not home phone as I don't have one), so how can I leave without making things messy?

I don't know which forum to put this into so I will just put it in General.

Disturbed has given sound advice. Other former members here will also post with good advice. I just want to tell you this. Get down on your knees (or whichever other psoture you prefer) and praise and thank the one true God for His grace upon you that has helped open your eyes to His truth. Know that His Spirit will guide you and lead you in your journey.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Disturbed: What’s really the meaning behind free will offerings. Is it a command? Just about everyone I noticed gave that offering

Consistently.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for replying and giving some advice, I just have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1: Do you think it would be better to first tell them that I am not going to come anymore then start ignoring them?

2: I would REALLY rather not tell my family about this, I feel like it could hurt my credibility and they may think I am irresponsible. Is it really imperitive that I tell them?

I would just like to say, I never believed a word they said. I am Agnostic, though I have dabbled with a few different churches in my life (mainly presbyterian, I am good friends with a minister at a local presbyterian church), but I never for one second believed the things they told me. I only joined because of the cute korean girls. I greatly appreciate all of your support on this, I didn't know where else to ask.

Simon
    Participant

They will want to waste your time explaining but they’ll tell you nothing side stepping as you can see here don’t. let them

if you look there is a thread about feasts in the wrong month another member said maybe 8is prophetically 7 seems they just want to insult our intelligence

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also I haven't given them any money, I am a jobless student with 3000$ debt so I couldn't even if I wanted to.

Simon
    Participant

Well my family doesn’t know much in my case probably varies person to person

Disturbed
    Participant

@Sarah2013…there are a few types of free will offerings. 1) the blue offering envelope. You put money in at every Sabbath day service (no offerings on Tues service). 2) there is a brown Zion offering envelope. That money is allegedly given to whatever Zion you specify. 3) any money you give for whatever purpose. Towards purchase of food, items needed around the church, etc.

@Anonymous111…if you don’t let your family know alert a close friend. Don’t do this alone because I guarantee you they are going to go o great lengths to suck you back in.

Sarah2013
    Participant

If you are seriously concerned, then don’t you think it’s best you mention it to someone? A friend, perhaps.

Sarah2013
    Participant

They won’t miss you, if that be the case about your job status.

Disturbed
    Participant

Idk Sarah2013 about them not missing a jobless student. They like to have young faces in the church. They may overlook the fact that you have no job if they can use your access at universities.

Sarah2013
    Participant

@ Disturbed: Ah, ha! Gotcha! Great point.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don't really have any really close friends near where I live. I spend most of my time on my computer so almost all of my friends are online friends. and I told them all about it the day I joined and keep them up to date.

I will block their numbers, the only thing I am worried about is them actually turning up to my house as then the cat may be out of the bag to my family. Not to mention that that is an outrageous perversion of privacy.

@Disturbed

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by "great lengths"?

Simon
    Participant

The people here are great help for me noone in person knows here either

Disturbed
    Participant

I have personally experienced & witnessed their harassment. They make a lot of efforts. Perhaps since your family is non believing they won’t show up. If they “found” you at school they may show up there & try to talk to you or study with you there. They will call you the first time you miss service. Did you go tonight? If you did, they’ll call you after 1st service on sabbath if you normally keep that service.

Please forgive my ignorance, as I don’t fully understand what Agnostic is/means. If you believe in God, I recommend taking Emil’s suggestion to pray. God is the one who brought us all out.

emil
    Participant

1. You don't owe it to them to tell them you aren't coming back. Just stop. Cold turkey.

2. Since you are not religiously inclined and got in for a totally different reason, you are less vulnerable to their teaching. However, you might still be vulnerable to the pretty girl approach. In my country, the pretty girl approach is their primary method to entrap young men.

3. What is the religious inclination of your family? Why are you afraid that they'll find out? If they are presbytarian, your best bet will be to speak to your minister friend. It would be a good hedge against family fall out. I can't see your family being upset with you after you've left the wmscog. However, you know your family best.

Disturbed
    Participant

@Sarah2013…I just re-read your question. The real reason behind “freewill offerings” is more money, more money, more money! They want it to seem as though people are freely giving their money but I was personally asked for my money on several occasions.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.