"you cannot interpret on your own."

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Simon
    Participant

how many cults such as the world mission society church of god claim they are the only ones that can interpret the bible .

they also claim that as true church we are not allowed to question or investigate teachings.

what does the bible say

acts 17:11

Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

does the bible rebuke those who question the true prophet of god apostle paul or the true church which the ministered? on the contrary it called them noble.

if the bible says questioning and searching for what is true is noble how can the true church ask for no one to question or search the scriptures?

WHOAMI
    Participant

shimon wrote:

how many cults such as the world mission society church of god claim they are the only ones that can interpret the bible .

they also claim that as true church we are not allowed to question or investigate teachings.

what does the bible say

Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

does the bible rebuke those who question the true prophet of god apostle paul or the true church which the ministered? on the contrary it called them noble.

if the bible says questioning and searching for what is true is noble how can the true church ask for no one to question or search the scriptures?

because they are hiding something!  If they had the truth, anything & every question would be answered, without making the person asking the question feel guilty or of little faith. The less you ask and the more you follow, the more control they have over you.  The truth will always stand.

Simon
    Participant

One should never trust man when it comes to God just because he says so

Emily
    Participant

WHOAMI wrote:

shimon wrote:

what does the bible say

because they are hiding something!  If they had the truth, anything & every question would be answered, without making the person asking the question feel guilty or of little faith. The less you ask and the more you follow, the more control they have over you.  The truth will always stand.

Great job putting that together guys!!!  It was the same when I was a member.  According to the wms if you ask too many questions then that means you don't have enough faith.  Of course they can't ever be the problem.  They think that they are perfect.  If you question, then that means that you're defective in some way.  Well the Bible also says this:

1 John 4:1

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

And how do you test the spirits?  By asking questions lol.  I wish everyone else that's stuck in the wms would wake up the way that you guys did.  Unfortunately, some aren't that lucky.  We should pray for them.

Sally
    Participant

Simon wrote:

what does the bible say

and here's a personal fav of mine, smurf

jellybean
    Participant

You cannot interpret your own but also you cannot let others interpret it for you. All the people in this world are sinners. You cannot be pretending to know everything about God but my advise to all the people that are looking for God and Christ that please evaluate the sources where you get your infomation from because misinformation can lead you to make irrational decisions. Do not let your faith depend on other people's information but on your own relationship with God. I want to say that in the mean time I was part of this group I was not sure about their belief of Heavenly Mother and I prayed during one of the feasts to God the creator of everything to please lead me to the right way and God the creator of everything and the Universe took me out of there.

remco9519
    Participant

To understand the Scriptures, one has to start reading the first page ascending to the last page.  Reading the same by just picking verses from it cannot enlighten one's mind about the true story of everything most especially mankind.  WMSCOG and it's members actually are'nt knowledgeable of the Bible, I say this because if they are knowledgeable of the Book, they,re supposed to know now who realy GOD is and along with His Commandments to be followed in order that man may qualify for true salvation. What they're doing is invention of a story something parallel to that of the Bible, but such invention as man-made gods and absurd and ambigous doctrine they themselves cannot explain clearly and for certain they cannot adds or confirm facts that they are pagan cults.  It is coming to my senses eversince about this WMSCOG that the founders in reality DO NOT believe in GOD because a fact that they are committing the most blaphemous acts against the GOD of ALL they are not afraid to do so continually.  It is understood then that these people just wanted to gain profits for their personal aims at the expense of utilizing efforts, time, resources and money of those innocents falling into their traps, the latter unaware of their own doom to eternal punishment in the life hereafter. Pitiful situation indeed, for how one can explain that man's history tells and confirmed that the GOD of the Universe is the GOD of Israel, to WMSCOG and its clinging members say now that god ahnsahnghong created the universe.  To those who were tactful to wake up from WMSCOG lies and deceptions, we pray that may those still in there be able to get out soon too and return to normal life, for anybody meeting death while in WMSCOG, true salvation is not the reward waiting and heaven is not their home.

Simon
    Participant

neither method is accurate

What is truth
    Participant

I don't think there is a fully explanatory, all-inclusive "method" that could not be debunked with regard to the bible. That said, taking that book, with it's influence over judeo-christian cultures engrained into us since children, and using it to prosper yourself takes some scary code of ethics… don't you think? But telling people they cannot understand scripture on their own is a way to attach a really tough embilicol cord to your followers. Find some versus to back you up in a revered book, and vuala! Instant control over what a verse means! Believe what you want, but recognize when you're getting enslaved or controlled. 

Ms Freedom
    Participant

Very well stated, @What is Truth.

Simon
    Participant

Hence the OP:)

Azula
    Participant

What is truth wrote:

I don't think there is a fully explanatory, all-inclusive "method" that could not be debunked with regard to the bible. ….But telling people they cannot understand scripture on their own is a way to attach a really tough embilicol cord to your followers. Find some versus to back you up in a revered book, and vuala! Instant control over what a verse means! Believe what you want, but recognize when you're getting enslaved or controlled. 

True dat!

Smurf
    Participant

I'm expecting the WMS to come out with a translation of their own pretty soon, just like the Jehova's Witnesses. Here's a version that would fit them perfectly!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sPUBoCw3YlU/UVmScP_Q89I/AAAAAAAAJaY/OPnuKl7K0sg/s1600/IMG_2163%5B1%5D.JPG

Simon
    Participant

That image only shows biblical ignorance on the part of the artist… that said yes WMSCOG could to their own translation but on the same time if they use an extant one they don't have to worry about discrepencies with what it says like JWs do…. yes it doesn't agree with their doctrine but to be fair the NWT can be used to debunk JWs as well

Kai TIng
    Participant

Acts 17:11

Great verse. Glad I am finally out.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.