"is it not a little presumptuous"

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

This comment was originally posted on "The WMSCOG's Failed Predictions of 1988, 1999, and 2012.  What Will They Predict Next?" on 11/28/12 in reply to Jeff.

Really?? says:

What truth ??? I guess anyone can write anything on the internet about anybody and everyone believes.

1)  Does everyone know that this website is being paid to slander the WMSCOG?  

sound like they like money ๐Ÿ™‚

2)  Guess who paying this website ? I hope is not another church ? oh my no    way!!! , I thought they would do this because they love God

3)  And really please think about Jesus clearly talk about the end many times ?

And even Paul talked about the end ? the whole bible talks about it ?

4)  is it not a little presumptuous to use a Facebook snap shot that says 2012  and write a  whole page about it ?LOL

But really God told us that he can come anything time ,2000000,3000000 and now. It is in Matthew 24 if your wondering. Did he not say "be ready" ? Why are you going against the teaching of Christ ?  If The WMScog says "we should be ready " this site says" look their talking about the End" lol

Titus 1:15 – "To the pure, all thing a pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe , nothing is pure . They  claim to know God ,but by their actions they deny him " 

Watch this site say anyone can use that verse? ๐Ÿ™‚ But anyway Christ said "be ready" so it can never be wrong to say that ๐Ÿ™‚

Sarah2013
    Participant

My point in all of this is that it isn’t in line with all the scriptures being pointed out. It’s more scary than anything. God is suppose to be love, yet can be a consuming fire, but will never deceive because he is love.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Very close to the truth, you very far from it and very far from knowing anything about the church of God.  I'll start from the top of you post, mental poison and lies, please be specific.  Mental poison is what the person taking it preceives it as.  if you don't like something you will take it that way, that's your view. Lies be specific, if you disagree with our truth and therefore refer to that as lies and therefore condemn it , then all christians catholics and Jews and islam and all religion should be condemned.  Because starting from you, as protestant i'm guessing have lots of holes and false doctrine which then I can consider lies also.   Solid backround who has such? Secrecy? even jesus was secretive! being secretive is not a bad thing, why does God have to live up to your standards, I can have secrets, you can have secrets and God almighty can do whatever pleases him and you have no right to him under your standards of what a God should act like!  You can't do that you can't do this, doesn't your parents say the same thing? is it to hurt you? if you took at that way thats your problem, everyone else took it the right way that's why we are still here, why don't you be more specific.  I know they don't want you to hang out outside of the church in the US in korea they do it all the time.  I don't know about canada or any other country but I know it exists and also I know why and I agree with it, you go out what do you do, maybe not you but some members they go to bars and watch UFC, I know one brother who was still in to drugs coax another in to doing it, there are REASONS, and they exist, if you don't agree with it again I will say who are you to say what is good and bad, if you don't like it tough.  We have disabled, in korea there are disabled, I've seeen them they exist.  But one thing is, I will say is if you bring them that's fine, but YOU have to take care of them.  That sounds reasonable, how can a pastor or group leader or unit leader attend to the needs of them and wait on them hand and foot? They take more effort and time when leaders have tens of others to take care of.  Or they can't drive then who is going to bring them if you want to then you can but YOU have to. that is the thing.  and I agree with, my cousin is paralized from the neck down, but I wouldn't go to the pastor and say pick him up every sabbath ok.  I have to do it myself, fortunatly some one live next to him that wanted to bring him but I still feel bad about it because it's a lot of work.  

fromtheotherside
    Participant

I wasn't stating that to you gennny Iwas saying it to Joshua, I will respond to yours shortly there are like 5 of you commenting at the same time and one of me responding. 

fromtheotherside
    Participant

I'm not trying to say something cold and hard to you sarah, I understand that sometimes members hurt eachother, hell i've been hurt alot more by members here then when I was in HS and University, in HS I did the hurting, not to brag I wasn't a bully but you know arrogant and had bad friends. anyhow I know that you can be hurt, but just because even a pastor does something doesn't mean its gods will.  He can set up his church a certain way, they are differences, like I said in Korea we meet outside all the time, I don't have to tell my pastor if I want to go eat lunch  with a brother, but Ive been to the american churches and boy did I get scolded for meeting a brother outside for some chicken wings! But they have their reasons and I understand that, some members haven't changed yet and are doing bad things.  Don't take my responces as harsh but I truly believe people have a tendency to put god under their standards. God can do what ever he wants and to say o God wouldn't do that, how do you know? 

Sarah2013
    Participant

My point exactly. You feel compelled to pick your cousin right???? But according to the wmscog I went to we were instructed not to do so. The pastor would rather do it himself. So please tell me how much correlation that is. My dear fromtheother side, I have nothing against you. I am not Protestant and you will soon find out what i am. We all are using the same bible, right? If Jesus was secretive it was never to deceive he was a very, very, transparent man in his days. I actually like you. You have courage, Gana – as the Spanish say, but if only for the real God…… My, you will be amazed at the blessings he has in store for you.

Sarah2013
    Participant

I was like you….. Very die hard for what I believe but soon learned that all that glitters isn’t gold.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Exactly! You are right. God can do whatever He pleases because he is God…. But he has to be God, you know.

Sarah2013
    Participant

I’m not offended at all, we are conversing and trying to shed some light to beliefs and disbeliefs. Yeah?

fromtheotherside
    Participant

So why are you bring up the point that there is no love and because of this and that, that don't have to do with doctrine in order to say something is false, that's wrong, Like I said if you looked at all religions in that manner then every church should be condemned!

fromtheotherside
    Participant

even in God's true church there are thoughts of men, even in the bible there are mans thoughts.  

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Job, that book is filled with mens thoughts. 

Sarah2013
    Participant

Do you really think the God of the universe will be stationed in one place on earth, the earth he created. I believe we are in his midst and not he in our midst. Psychics no things too, you know. Satan has watched us grow up and knows us from birth but it doesn’t mean because he does that he is God. What I am saying is anyone can say they are God, especially with little background about them. Dear friend, I mean we’ll to you, sincerely. I do.

genny
    Participant

Fromtheotherside, I saw you post this in another thread (https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/forum/topic.php?id=4290&page=2)

We can discuss many different things, dates, interpretations, times prophecies, and you can use many different things to back it up.  Even history books have differences in them it depends on who says this and who said that.  You can find many things that say our dates for the daniel prophecy is wrong and I can find other things that say it isn't.

and

Sorry Eli and Genny but I think what we were talking about is just going to go back n forth without a conclusion.

It sounded like you were referring to our discussion here, so that's why I've moved that part over.  If you meant to address me, then I need to say…

You and I have not been going back and forth without a conclusion.  I'm still waiting to hear your response about the quotes from Ridpath.  Why was the information so misrepresented?  I hope you used my links to read the book and see for yourself.

You said you can find things that say the WMSCOG dates for the Daniel prophecy are not wrong.  Then please give me a reference for any history source that says so, because I'd like to see it.

Sarah2013
    Participant

See…. Each participant here comes from different angle. It is just too much going on with the teachings of wmscog. This isn’t about you dear fromtheother side.

Joshua
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

Joshua wrote:

fromtheotherside wrote:

Joshua I read your comments it looks better for your group if you stay out it.^^

Even more despiration. Man you guys are looking bad. I am really looking forward to you bringing something real to this forum. If you think that you are the first person to come here and call us names and make false statements with no backup I afraid that you are more delutional than I thought. Some of my friends here have provided PROOF that your groups teachings are wrong. Here's something for you: You claim that you are less than 1,300,000 strong. (I doubt you even have that many.) Your group claimed a year and a half ago to have 1,400,000 members and is growing. Liar comes to mind. We are to be above comtempt and you sir have already proved that you are not! Suggestion: Calm down, bring your questions, stop making pathetic aquisations, and back up your claims with something that can be verified. As it seems right now you fit into many of the experts prerecs for a typical cult member. Stop being a typical cult member and start showing us that you are not just throwing mud and that you actually have something of value to share with us.

Bring something real? So you're acknowledging there was nothing real here to begin with?^^

You claim that you are less than 1,300,000 strong. (I doubt you even have that many.) Your group claimed a year and a half ago to have 1,400,000 members and is growing. Liar comes to mind. 

So where's your proof? I thought you brought proof before making an arugment? Does hypocrate come to mind. lolz.  

Oh cult member.. lolz never had any questions for your buddy, because I already know your answers! Hey grow up Joshua and stop letting your emotions take you over.  If you have any arguments try acting like an adult and state your argument without looking childish.

Others have tried this kind of backwards thinking with me before. It never works! I'm glad to see that Sarah and Genny are in decent conversations with you. I don't know what you were trying to prove with your responce to me but I do know that I can come off very strong. I am an emotional person and when you attack Jesus Christ and try to put someone else in His rightful place you will find resistance from me every time! I see by your responce that you are able to read my mind. This is quite a gift you claim to have. Do you have any idea what i'm thinking now?

genny
    Participant

fromtheotherside, remember those quotes you had from Ridpath that were so dreadfully out of context?  Well, I now realize that you did not do that quoting from the book yourself.  You copied it from 7th Day Adventist author Taylor G. Bunch.  When that book came out in 1950, it may have been hard for readers to find the book and verify the quotes for themselves.  But here in the internet age we have a lot more resources available to us.  I hope you have learned your lesson about doing your own research.

I am still waiting for a response about this.  I hope the delay is because you are now doing your own research and trying to find real evidence for your case.

Please don't forget to look into the other points I presented.  I'll paste it again here so you won't have to go find it:

1.  Regarding the teaching of the Catholic Church being the Antichrist: the Ostrogoths were not destroyed in 538, the '10 kingdoms' from the Roman empire were not as the WMSCOG presents, 5 were destroyed not 3, and the destruction or survival of these 'kingdoms' did not depend on their following the Catholic Church.  These are historical, textbook facts.

2.  Regarding the feasts that are to be kept in the 7th month: Several years the WMSCOG kept them in the 8th month.  This is a fact established by the calendar and the record of feast dates.

3.  Regarding the teaching that Isaac was God.  Isaac lies in Genesis 26.  God does not lie (Titus 1:2).

4. Regarding the President's Call to Service Awards that the WMSCOG displays: The award level shown for "World Mission Society Church of God" is not available for groups, only individuals.  And the awards shown for "Kim Joo-cheol" and "Zahng Gil-jah" are only available to United States citizens.

So far you've unsuccessfully attempted #1.  Would you like to try a different point?

justasitis
    Participant

I believe that the 'President's Call to Service Award" as shown, displayed and lauded by wmscog is a way of showing that totally outside of any religious beliefs, interpretations of the bible, whether or not there is God the Mother and God the Father, is a clear demonstration of manipulating and lying about what the church does and how it is supposedly so highly esteemed. If anyone were to look on the US government's website for how and to whom this award can be given, it is clear that wmscog, or at at least Kim Joo-cheol and Zahng Gil-Jah do not meet the basic criteria of being US citizens. This is a very simple yet very clear way of showing that this supposed church is not what it says it is. There is no way, according to the rules of this service award, that they could ever have been recipients of it. I can only speculate as to the reasons for wmscog wanting to demonstrate that they have been awarded this, but it seems to be to be very clearly invalid ie. they are not telling the truth.

genny
    Participant

Just redirecting this comment from https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/forum/topic.php?id=2344&page=3

fromtheotherside wrote:

You keep saying this but again you're putting God under YOUR standards and thoughts

Hebrews 6:18

It was impossible for God to lie.

This doesn't mean that he is under some type of moral standard or law that keeps God from lying, it means that no matter what comes out of God's mouth is it is righteous, 

Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.</dd>

Even if God deceives people it is not evil if YOU OR I were to it would be evil, because God does things that are for the GOOD, no matter what his action maybe, it is for the greater good that is why even if he deceives it is righteous!</dd>

2 Chronicles 18:22

Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.<

genny
    Participant

So you believe that God would lie or deceive if there was a 'good' purpose in it?

Can snow be hot?  No, because the nature of snow is to be cold.  If it were hot it would be water, not snow.

It is part of God's nature to be eternal, therefore He cannot stop being God.  It is part of God's nature to be all-knowing, therefore He cannot learn anything new.

Likewise, truth is part of God's nature (Is. 45:19; John 3:33), so He cannot lie (Titus 1:2; Heb. 6:18).  What do you call someone who lies?  A liar.  God is not a liar.

If we believe the Bible to be inspired by God, then we must believe that it does not contradict itself.  If it appears to conradict itself (such as with 2 Chron. 18), then we need to seek another possible explanation.  One is that since the Ahab refused to believe the truth, God let him believe a lie (like 2 Thess. 2:10).  Another is that since Ahab wanted to believe the false prophets, and God was ready to bring judgment on him, God allowed him to have what he wanted, and allowed a false spirit to entice him to battle (2 Chron. 18:20-21).

There are at least two problems with accepting that God lies.

Once you believe that God would lie, He is no longer trustworthy.  You cannot trust anything He says.  It calls the entire Bible into question.

Also, John 8:44 tells us that the devil is the "father of lies."  If you believe that God lies, then you must believe Satan is God's father, or at least that Satan and God are on the same level.  That doesn't make sense, does it?

Here's a good article about God's nature: http://www.letusreason.org/Apolo2.htm

So in summary, your answer for point #3 is that the WMSCOG teaches God does lie.  That's something people should be aware of.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

You are interpreting it as a lie, again that is your standards, and God can decieve you which is the exact thing in 2chro 18.  That is deception.  and where did you get the notion WMSCOG teaches God lies, in yourself that is a lie.  and how is that an answer to #3, I never said that, you take things and put them to your standards and also interpret the bible and God to YOUR standards which God is above.  God sent a spirit to lie then let me ask is this spirit sinning?  and aren't all spirits from God? can you tell me why he wasn't punished for this? Isn't lying a sin?  The way you view the bible which is by YOUR standards makes every thing contradicting.  

Viewing 20 replies - 41 through 60 (of 109 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.