Gender – Angels and People

• Creator
    Topic
    justasitis
    Participant

I've just been readiing some info on another site which has raised yet another anomoly in the wmcog's teachings:- Supposedly we (Adam/Eve) are created in the image of God the Father and God the Mother ie. male/female, yet angels don't have gender, do they?  So in whose image were they created? I could be just mixing things up in my head, so can someone explain please.

Simon
    Participant

No verse says angels don’t, have gender,

Joshua
    Participant

There’s examples of Angels like Michael and Gabriel. I don’t ever remember reading or being told about female Angels so this could suggest that Angels are male. Perhaps someone else could shed some more light on this. I believe that even the Angels that came to Mary and Joseph were also male. This could just be that when parts of the Bible were first recorded it was a male dominated society.

Simon
    Participant

Pretty much always accepted female angels myself

justasitis
    Participant

So is the consensus erring on the side of 'angels' being male (or even all female)? If so, I'm now even more confused. Doesn't the wmscog teach that we were all angels in Heaven who sinned against God? Were we not all angels then? Were we all female/all male? 

Emily
    Participant

shimon wrote:

Why?

Emily
    Participant

justasitis wrote:

So is the consensus erring on the side of 'angels' being male (or even all female)? If so, I'm now even more confused. Doesn't the wmscog teach that we were all angels in Heaven who sinned against God? Were we not all angels then? Were we all female/all male? 

We were not angels before that sinned against God because the Bible tells us what happened to the angels that sinned against God.  2 Peter 2:4

For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment;

Read more here:

https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/angels-before/

Simon
    Participant

Emily wrote:

shimon wrote:

Why?

Why not? NO SCRIPTURE restricts them and the idea of only male or only female is illogical based on how God created everything. We can only have NO gender or BOTH genders.

Joshua
    Participant

Just to throw a monkey wrench in here. Can anyone tell me what the gender of water is? How about a rock? Lets look at a cell, what is its sex?  I can say with 100% certainty that based on the way God created everything that everything is not broke up into male and female.

Simon
    Participant

Yes not everything has gender but everything is male or female an individual within a group of things male and female is sometimes both, or we have things without gender at all. So we either have male and female hermaphroditic or neuter. 

No living thing comes in only male.

Joshua
    Participant

So, we are created to become one and in that oneness we are as close to perfect as we can be based on Gods design. Granted Satan has perverted this oneness and caused much distruction to come out of it. This is what he does! He takes the things of God and distorts them into a perversion of what they were intended to be.

Simon
    Participant

Satan is an excellent perverter

justasitis
    Participant

All is of 'God's' design?  – even Satan – so therefore surely if you want to say that Satan is the cause of perversion and destruction, then surely, that too is of 'God's'design. Either all is of/from God – or it is not?!

Joshua
    Participant

I totally agree Shimon.

Emily
    Participant

This reminds me of a service I heard once at my church.  The pastor said something to this effect:

Satan wants to be God.  The one thing that Satan cannot do is create.  So instead, Satan attempts to distort God's creation.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.