WMSCOG Singing Christian Worship Songs

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

This comment was originally posted by admin on It’s Official – The WMSCOG Sings Catholic Songs and has been moved here for further discussion:

Renita says:

The songs the WMSCOG sing are about God. Many people believe in God but worship false gods. They write songs devoted to God but sing them during a celebration of another god’s festival. It’s like the happy birthday song. It was written to celebrate someone’s birthday, right? But what if the majority of people sang the song to celebrate someone’s wedding or another event that had nothing to do with birthdays? Is it wrong, then, to sing the happy birthday song at a birthday party? Should we come up with a new birthday song & sing it only at birthday parties until someone sings it at a different occasion then come up with a new-new birthday song? Silly, I know. But it is the same with the New Song. WMSCOG and other churches not limited to the Catholic church sing some of the same songs. However, the COG claims to sing them at the appropiate occasion.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

The last line I typed was, "However, the COG claims to sing them at the appropiate occasion." To the WMSCOG, everyone else is singing songs to idols. To the Catholics, everyone else is singing songs to false gods. To the Jews, Hindus, etc. every other religion is heretic. It wasn't until recently that people agreed that there is only one God, no matter if you call Him Jesus, Allah*, Abba, etc. The COG calls Him Ahnsahnghong. Why the change of heart?

Simon
    Participant

You've been to services lasting 50+ Hours?

Emily
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

It wasn't until recently that people agreed that there is only one God, no matter if you call Him Jesus, Allah*, Abba, etc. The COG calls Him Ahnsahnghong. Why the change of heart?

Who agreed? and recently when?  who had a change of heart?  Can you be more specific?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

What an atheist told me (who knows a whole lot about religion & it's history. Some boarding school she went to..) is about the Ecu-something movement and also a Catholic explained to me that "catholiscism*" means universal or something like that. That many different religions came together and said it doesn't matter the name of your god, we all worship the same god. The Catholic told me Catholiscism* came about by bringing a bunch of different religions together. I've heard of these same things within the COG. One of my aunties is a Jehovah's Witness which I learned is extra different from Christianity. My grandma says that her god is our god even though they don't believe Jesus is god however I do. Why does it change when it comes to Ahnsahnghong? If people who believe Jesus is just a prophet can live amongst those who believe He is God without being called a cult, why can't it be the same with those who believe Ahnsahnghong is God?

ttr
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

The Catholic told me Catholiscism* came about by bringing a bunch of different religions together.

that Catholic apparently had an anti-Catholic bent because that's not true about Catholicism.  Catholic is the greek word for "universal" meaning it comprises all people of the earth not all religions.  this isn't really the board to debate Catholicsim vs Orthodoxy vs Protestantism though, but i just wanted to help clarify

Simon
    Participant

ttr wrote:

renita.payno wrote:

The Catholic told me Catholiscism* came about by bringing a bunch of different religions together.

that Catholic apparently had an anti-Catholic bent because that's not true about Catholicism.  Catholic is the greek word for "universal" meaning it comprises all people of the earth not all religions.  this isn't really the board to debate Catholicsim vs Orthodoxy vs Protestantism though, but i just wanted to help clarify

What a word etymology is and what it refers to are not always in-sync but I would have to agree that is a weird thing for a Catholic to say.

ttr
    Participant

shimon wrote:

What a word etymology is and what it refers to are not always in-sync but I would have to agree that is a weird thing for a Catholic to say.

i agree.  he definitely had the wrong idea on that one, but it happens.  we're all wrong sometimes.  🙂

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I, too, found it interesting. But this woman told me this on a boat recently. But even so, what about this ecumenacle* movement? Which, by the way, the COG refuses to gather with other churches because the ecumenacle* movement is fulfillment of prophecy. Gathering the weeds to be burned.

Simon
    Participant

The ecumenical is a movement to try and Gather all the denominations into cooporation with eachother emphasizing the similarities rather than the differences. From a human standpoint this looks like a good idea stop the bickering get together in Jesus's name. The problem is it does not actually lead people to truth it paints the picture watered down doctrine is the same as truth.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

shimon:

Right! That is what I was taught. So, going back to the original post about the New Song. Christians sing some of the same songs Catholics sing because they are songs about God. I have not heard a Chris Brown song sung in church. Probably because it isn't about God. Therefore, singing the same church songs as other churches doesn't mean the COG is singing to the god which other churches sing the songs to. (If that sentence made any sense.. It made sense in my head but once I typed it I like, "???" lol)

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.