The Wms exposed on the Today Show!

• Creator
    Topic
    MountainMom
    Participant

There was a segment on the Today Show exposing the Wms and how they tear families apart. If you missed it you can go to their website and watch it, I believe.  It was posted on Facebook as well. 

No wonder they have a big PR campaign going at this time to counter this claim.  Like Momsix said, they are trying to change some things.  Well I see that as exactly what it is, an attempt to establish plausible deniability.  They actually let some of their members go home for Christmas this year.  My son hasn't been home for Christmas for SEVEN years!

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

This church needs A LOT more attention.

I feel sad for the parents in the video. They are not doing anything wrong. And sorry to Michelle.

There are thousands of prearranged marriages mountian mom. 

Untouchable did you say approval for a marriage comes from head office? Oops. I shouldn't have played that game with these people and said no to a korean "girl friend". Lol oh well. 

Beauty and the beast? Mother knows best right? If you believe she is God, you give them full control and authority over your life. 

So in India marriage is forced and giving money is forced? So they are decieved and controlled to give more money? Evil.

So where are the leaders in this video? In the shadows?

MountainMom
    Participant

@Mayor and Mike:  The leaders stay out of the light because they like to "keep their hands clean."  Then they can deny that they actually handed down the orders for an arranged marriage, or that they said to cause trouble in a relationship or a marriage. 

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

And if you question the leaders, they may say they don't know what you are talking about.  

But we are getting a good idea about what's really going on at this church. New Jersey seems to get a lot of attention. Other cog locations need some news exposure and attention too. 

jellybean
    Participant

Omg that’s Diconess Rebecca !

Felicia1122
    Participant

My sister. The other is in Cali, but we were way closer b4 she decided to enter this place.

MountainMom
    Participant

jellybean wrote:

Omg that's Diconess Rebecca !

This video clearly shows how  members treat their parents who go to great lengths to visit them and keep a relationship  The mother has her hand on the window pleading with her daughter to open it and just give her a hug.  This is the reality of how members treat their families when they think no one is watching.  The scripted part of the interview is not the reality.  Anyone who has had to deal with this knows that.  We have seen our loved one's cult personality and we have seen glimpses (not often) of their original self as well.  The cult personality is as cold and heartless as this deaconess looked in the video with her parents.  My son is a deacon and I have endured this treatment as well.

MountainMom
    Participant

I have to add to the above comment that the church sets these members up to treat their parents, siblings, loved ones, etc. like this.  The member is just as hurt by fighting with and/or ignoring their family as the family is.  But they are directed, in my opinion, to act the way they do.  I know that my son and I had a problem about something that the church considered major, but we worked it out and were ok.  Still, he got harrassed by his handlers about it for months and months afterward.  He finally told one of the harrassers,"I don't want to hear about it anymore,"  it was so bad.  But it didn't stop.  Most likely they changed harrassers or tag teamed him after that.  By the next time he saw me he was furious again about something we had already talked out and agreed upon.  They just wouldn't let him make peace with us or agree on anything.  It happened more than once.  They see me as a threat, so any time I am around, they try to stir him up to argue with me, even though I never bring the topic of his church up, ever. 

He isn't happy with how things are. I know he is miserable.  He will be untill he breaks free.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was also recognizing the "attitude" shown towards the parents when their daughter was in the car, compared to her "attitude" in the interview.  Since she is a deaconness she has been so programmed she probably didn't need coaching.  Those "tears" at the end of her interview, in my opinion, looked phony.  And her answers on the "arranged marriage" questions were very inadequate.  Quite obvious what has happened.  I think the Today show producers and staff were leaning in our direction, which is good.  But these parents, like many of us, are still stuck with the reality of their loved ones minds being controlled by others. 

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Heinrich This vid was a major blow to WMS, because you can see the phoniness. When the Missionary was saying, “Well, what exactly is a cult?” Thats quick philosophical answer to a basic question, is easy to read through. They picked a really misinformed missionary to do their bidding. This is a video that will prevent many people that see it, from agreeing to a bible study because they have seen true nature of WMS that can’t be hidden. The sad part is, the church will try to strengthen current members inti being better robots for WMS.

MountainMom
    Participant

The missionary in the video, John Powers, is someone I have heard of from my son.  He is supposed to be a "legend" in the church because he has recruited so many.  I thought he would be some great charismatic personality the way he was built up by my son.  Wow, he isn't that at all.  Maybe he really believes what he has been saying to people, but he sure isn't a great front person for the cult.  I can't say I am impressed with him at all.

You are right, Untouchable, he appears phony.  The whole scripted interview appears phony and rehearsed.  Which I am sure it was.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@mountain mom He is quite transparent. I only left in October,am relatively close to NY/NJ and I’ve never heard of Powers. One thing I know WMS does, is exxagerate the accomoplishments of others to make others do more. If I got 5 people baptized, they may tell others in a distanced Zion, “You hear of Bredder Untouchable from the East coast…ohhh…he bear 20fruit in 20 min.” When my wife went to Korea to do the viseo she was in, she was labeled as “world renowned” in her field. This is just something they do.

MountainMom
    Participant

Yes, you are right Untouchable.  I saw through that.  They like to list titles and things like they did on that calendar in 2014 so that they can say, "Look at all the accomplished people we have in our church!  They all believe in God the Mother, so there must be something to it!"

They just use people for all they can get out of them. 

That guy on the calendar who is supposed to be a rocket scientist is pretty funny too.  I've heard of more than one member saying to their parent/sibling/friend that "He is the most intelligent person in the world!"   So very much exaggeration.  Anything to get a person recruited.

Selena
    Participant

I guess by their logic scientology is true too. Look at all the accomplished people that are in there.

Ms Freedom
    Participant

Selena wrote:

I guess by their logic scientology is true too. Look at all the accomplished people that are in there.

If you listened to Tom Cruise in the "Going Clear" video, he is "PROUD" to call himsef a Scientologist! That's because, just like the WMS members, he thinks they hold the only truth. Both Cults!

Ms Freedom
    Participant

I would like to point out a few things that may stand out in the current members' minds:

My child used the verse from Luke 12:53 to explain why they had to separate from me: "They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."

I was told that because I refused to believe in mother that I was an apostate and Satan lived inside me and I would try to pull my child back from the true god. Now they are telling the members to go home at Christmas and visit with their families more often. Why has the direction changed from separation and "family members are Satan" to "go be with your family?" Could it be that they are trying to look better in the public's eyes to look like they really believe in family? Why would god change her mind?

Also, when the missionary was being interviewed, he stated that they don't give dates for the end of the world (which was not a question that was asked – although it could have been edited out). Most people that reach Missionary level have been in this group for a long time. I don't know how long he has been a member, but if he started before 2009, then he is lying. He would know, as well as all the older members, that they did preach the end of the world in 2012! My child was recruited in 2012 and she didn't say the end of the world was going to take place at the end of 2012, but she did say that things were getting very exciting and that mother had told the church that it wasn't a matter of when father would return, but that he was already on his way. THEN WHERE THE H-E-L-L is he?

And one last thing – like UnbelievableJ pointed out, when the missionary said that if people wanted to give their entire savings to the church that it was that person's decision and that the church did not ask for that. Okay – but where is the church's concern for that type of radical behavior? Our church offers classes on being financially responsible for yourself and planning for your future. The church obviously has no concern about the member's future because they are preaching "time is short!" Plus we all know that they use an invisible reward when you give more – one of the 144,000 chosen, mother and father's favor, bla bla bla!

If current members see this video, I don't see how they can't have doubts.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Where in h-e-l-l is ASH? Huh… that's a good question. Ms Freedom. I can't answer that. From what other people believe, who I've spoken to, they believe ASH is burning in h-e-l-l. But others believe he is in heaven. Either or. 

Our true saviour is in heaven waiting to come get us. 

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

From what I know, Powers has been a member from at least 2010. 

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Well, Mr. Powers folded under media pressure, and told on the WmS all without knowing it. I think they mentioned 2012, because the producers probably asked then about it. One thing I know, they will use Michelles testimony to Smear her name. The WMS has painted the picture that she is an aspiring Cult expert. But we know thats not the case, Michelle Colon has a great story, and overall its one that WMS fears.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

You have to have been a member with some cog experience to interpret the words of JP. There's the 2012 end of the world interpretation of prophecy. And then there was the 2013 year of Jubilee that came out of nowhere. Are there not teachings geared to give up  your possessions?  but there are no teachings about "there should be no lawsuits among believers" 1 Cor 6:7 is for the cog. I think the cog fears the light. 

jellybean
    Participant

I want to say that Diconess Rebecca was a very loving and caring sister that I got to share many moments with when I was part of the church years ago. I had no idea that her relationship with her mom and dad was broken. I feel so sad for her and her family because she is a really good person. Her beliefs make her think she is doing the right thing. We don’t know what type of issues she had with her family in the past neither. Please don’t judge or come out with conclusions and deductions that lack of facts. Omg I’m still surprised!

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 159 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.