The Wms exposed on the Today Show!

• Creator
    Topic
    MountainMom
    Participant

There was a segment on the Today Show exposing the Wms and how they tear families apart. If you missed it you can go to their website and watch it, I believe.  It was posted on Facebook as well. 

No wonder they have a big PR campaign going at this time to counter this claim.  Like Momsix said, they are trying to change some things.  Well I see that as exactly what it is, an attempt to establish plausible deniability.  They actually let some of their members go home for Christmas this year.  My son hasn't been home for Christmas for SEVEN years!

Brian Taylor
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

There was a segment on the Today Show exposing the Wms and how they tear families apart. If you missed it you can go to their website and watch it, I believe.  It was posted on Facebook as well. 

No wonder they have a big PR campaign going at this time to counter this claim.  Like Momsix said, they are trying to change some things.  Well I see that as exactly what it is, an attempt to establish plausible deniability.  They actually let some of their members go home for Christmas this year.  My son hasn't been home for Christmas for SEVEN years!

WOW!!!!!

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Yeeesss!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

MountainMom
    Participant

Funny too, how that mother said exactly the same thing I did.  I hope my son doesn't think I didn't try.  I turned myself inside out trying.  It nearly ended me. 

So awful how the cult makes the kids so heartless toward their parents pain.  The cult has to minimize the suffering of the families or make it somehow their own fault.  Otherwise, their members would see how badly they hurt their loved ones, and their hearts wouldn't allow it.

Minimizing and denying the pain caused by them.  Isn't that exactly what an abuser in any abusive relationship does?  Yes it is.  My classes in health included a segment on abusive relationsips, and this church qualifies.

Ms Freedom
    Participant

This is awesome! The hidden camera that captured her in the car was the best thing they could have done! It shows what really goes on when you try to reach out to your family member. Her sitting and being interviewed was a ploy by WMS to attempt to show she still loves her family and that the church hasn't separated them. And what…. NO HASSAN? I didn't see him on the show. How are they going to blame it on him?

MountainMom
    Participant

Lol!  That is exactly what happens when  family reaches out.  The church tries to deny that they set up their members to fight with their loved ones when they try to talk to them.  That is such a lie.  They scream at them, they say they don't want to have a relationsip with them, they call them Satan, they tell them they are going to burn in hell!  They minimize the families' concerns and dismiss them.  That is what they were taught to do.

Ms Freedom
    Participant

You can find it through facebook and share.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The funny thing is that all those members that claim that the WMS doesn't destroy families have problems with their family. Ask the family of the Missionary John Power if they don't miss him or if they have a normal relationship with him. I'm sure not.

MountainMom
    Participant

That is so true, Smithy.  Ask some of their deacons, too.  Their deacons and missionaries are going around preaching to new recruits how wonderful their lives will be and how the church is all about families while their own families are devastated and even estranged in many cases by their involvement. 

Ms Freedom
    Participant

I've been separated from my child! Anyone else?

LambofGod
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

Funny too, how that mother said exactly the same thing I did.  I hope my son doesn't think I didn't try.  I turned myself inside out trying.  It nearly ended me. 

So awful how the cult makes the kids so heartless toward their parents pain.  The cult has to minimize the suffering of the families or make it somehow their own fault.  Otherwise, their members would see how badly they hurt their loved ones, and their hearts wouldn't allow it.

Minimizing and denying the pain caused by them.  Isn't that exactly what an abuser in any abusive relationship does?  Yes it is.  My classes in health included a segment on abusive relationsips, and this church qualifies.

Wow.  I never heard it put like that.  It is so spot on the truth MM.  The love is so "conditional" right?  So elitist.  I remember them using the verse Luke 12:51 "Do you think I've come to bring peace, I've come to bring a sword….Set man against his father, daughter against her mother…etc etc". 

Lakelady
    Participant

My son was taken by them.

MountainMom
    Participant

My son too.  And now I haven't seen my grandson for over a year and a half as well.

Momsix828
    Participant

A son ( like the girl in the video, full of hate toward his mother) and a daughter. I say if you’re not in a cult….try to leave. Just don’t show up a couple of weeks. See what happens…

UntouchableJ
    Participant

After watching the video, I hope members still see some Red flags. Missionary Powers statement, “If anybody had poured out their savings, its because they wanted to.” The concern is and always is this; Why doesnt the Church exercise wisdom? If I were an Overseer and a member gave a HUGE sum of money, I would ask, “Where did this come from?”. Because if the person empties their 401K or retirement, then they arent being prepared for the Non-guarenteed future.

Also when the journalist asked the woman, “Are you in an arranged marriage?” she used whats called deflection; she never gave a straight answer. “Nobody forced me to do this”. But she IS in an arranged marriage, and if she would have said NO to marrying the Korean man, she would have been accused of having little faith, etc. Looks like WMS can’t stay out of their own way.

MountainMom
    Participant

I have never been a member.  I'm what they would call an outsider, yet after watching the video, I now know of five arranged marriages in the Wms.  If a complete outsider knows of 5, there must be hundreds.

And, if a Pastor that you consider almost a deity, says "God the Mother wants you to marry THIS one," what do you do if you are a completely dedicated member?  These people really actually believe she is God on earth.  They can't say no to God, can they?  I know of one member who was in one of these arranged marriages.  He slipped and said, "My marriage day was the worst day of my life."  Why in the world would someone say that about their marriage day?  It is incomprehensible that anyone would marry someone they don't really know just because they were told, "The Mother will bless you."  But many have said this is just what happens to some in the Wms.  I guess it would be a day of real anxiety and second thoughts instead of happiness in that case.

It is hard to believe people would allow others to pick the person they will live with for the rest of their lives, but it does happen.  Does it happen in the Wms?  Well, I'm sure the Wms denies it.  We have already seen them deny it.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mountain Mom. Lets also remember, members are not just allowed to date, or marry, without the approval of the General Assembly. This takes a totally different approach and proves this cult is all about control. In Biblical times the prerequisite was that you marry that person before sin occurs, or if it has (adultery), you were supposed to marry. Now, WMS will give the Yay or Nay, based on approval from the Korean head office? This is insane. Imagine a fellow member you have a genuin connection and affection to, but if Head office has someone else in mind for you or that person, your just out of luck.

MountainMom
    Participant

Wow, I suspected the control was at that level.  I know some people were wanting to date certain people but were told, no, that one's not for you, try this one.  Ridiculous. 

UntouchableJ
    Participant

They try to be watered down. We had one deaconess who married a guy, who wasn’t a member, and that she liked. They didn’t take her title. But I was told by an older member that they did want her at one point to marry a really geeky Deacon we had. It would have been a true “beauty and the beast” situation, lol

Abhigail Delema
    Participant

I am really very happy to see the wmscog exposed.The best thing was to see how she denied her marriage to a Korean.The same thing has happened to a missionary Clayton here he denies his marriage when his wife left him andreturned to Korea and it was arranged by god the mother.There is no doubt about the brain washingwhen you see how arrogantly they speak having confidence in their belief for mother.so much so they give examples like the earth is a drop of water in a bucket.John power statement that people give offerings with their own will is false here in India they are forced by the leaders an missionarys they make you feel guilty so much that you are bound to give by force one of their favourite verse is you leave gods house in ruins and collect wealth with holes in your purses.Herre marriage is forced with sweet talks like the korean decons will quitely or cunningly trick the youth and say you can take care of zion just as mother blessed me in Korea and send me to India,you study all the topics and mother will give you a beautiful girl too.The poor boy is trapped not knowing he ha to undergo a vasatomy.I really liked to see the arrogance the girl showed in the begining at to the end showed the artificial nature saying mom i love you .I really wished she said it from her heart and goes back to her parents. 

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 159 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.