WMSCOG on Instagram

• Creator
    Topic
    Felicia1122
    Participant

I might be late on this, but I just never thought to look them up on instagram.  Funny because they tell people to go check out those crazy YouTube videos and see the latest posts.  I look at some of their followers and who they follow and im shaking my head.  Im taking screen shots, half nude women, guns, NON-WMSCOG things on some of their follwers pages. Looks like the devil still have his grip on a few.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Lol. The devil ALWAYS had a grip. When I first joined, I was taken back because some members seemed clearly, homosexual(Not judging anyone). I bring that up as a point because WMS judges behavior as “IT” sees fit, not because it is obedient to the scriptures.

Brian Taylor
    Participant

UntouchableJ wrote:

Lol. The devil ALWAYS had a grip. When I first joined, I was taken back because some members seemed clearly, homosexual(Not judging anyone). I bring that up as a point because WMS judges behavior as "IT" sees fit, not because it is obedient to the scriptures.

There was more then one "former" homosexual' at my zion. I was told that if someone is homosexual( a genetic predisposition ), that they could still receive the "truth" as long as they are willing to repress all such feelings..

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Brian Interesting…they can give one sin a conditional “pass”, but others, like not tithing are major.

Felicia1122
    Participant

They’re all backwards. I don’t know how they are making sense of this.

Anonymous
    Inactive

IMO the only way to make any sense of WMSCOG is to view it for what I think it is …. a cult, masquerading as a religion, which aims to build power by gaining financial wealth through the tithing and donations of its members.  And working those members night and day to bring in more followers, who in turn give more money and time, which in turn results in more members …. etc etc etc

A perfect copy of their larger and more successful Korean cousin, the Moonies (Unification Church).

Hence, anything can be made to work "theologically", and changes can occur in "theology" when it helps the main purpose (see first paragraph).  Their undoing will most likely be getting caught (like Mr. Moon was) in violation of tax statutes.  Let's hope a Federal prosecutor somewhere takes some interest in the goings-on of WMSCOG …. should be a very productive investigation for them!

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

It’s all about the Benajmins. You can’t go wrong with free labor. Hold on, the labor force pays the church so they can work for them don’t they? That has to be a very profitable business plan. You just have to keep the deception going.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mayor The overseer once used Haggai 1:4 to justify members not cleaning the church and participating in Preparation day;

“Is it a time when you stay in your paneled houses, while this house remains ruin?” -Haggai 1:4

In hindsight, they find a scripture to justify anything

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I know right. I never heard them use that verse, but they use and over use many other verses in my old zion. They always find examples in the bible. But really, was your zion in ruins? I’m sure they used Isaiah 60:5 – to you the riches of the nations will come. I wonder if that’s where their attitude towards money comes from. Before you know it, they’ll set up go fund me pages 🙂

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mayor, We had gotten bigger zion. It was a former Methodist church, but it had some age to it. The Overseer wanted to see it updated. So since there was alot of work to be done he yelled because he thought more people should be lending free labor. They had a group of members from NY zion come to the electrical work. The funny thing is, we couldnt pay the oil bill from our previous Zion, then we grt a bigger one and get rebuked by the overseer for what? Not paying the oil bill….crazy.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

We are off topic from the original post. We’ll have steer it back and talk about it “later.”

But I’m still trying learn and understand the ways of the WMS South Koreans. I know they are all about their appearances. In my zion they put on good appearances and pretended not to care about money at least. But behind the appearances they really wanted lots.

I wonder if getting a bigger building was for appearances and for appearances among the group, the other zion’s. I’m not sure where your overseer’s priorities are. Maybe appearances are number 1.

Getting free labor is really good. But you don’t move up if you can’t afford the utility bills already. From my experience some wms SK seem narrow minded.

I’m still trying to figure these guys out.

MountainMom
    Participant

They have a really great scam going.  They are buying valuable properties in the U.S. and having members provide free labor and even materials in many instances to improve them and improve equity.  They are also squeezing money from members, in many cases well beyond what the members really need for themselves, and also utilizing that.  As Untouchable says, they say they can't pay the oil bill in a smaller church, and then buy a larger one anyway.  Even if they don't have enough members to fill it?  Even if they have even more problems paying the bills for a larger facility?  I remember my son saying that they needed much more money to take care of the new giant facility they bought in Naperville, Illinois, because the utility bills, etc., were so high.  I know they got more out of him, for sure!  After all, his Pastor was so very poor he couldn't even afford medical insurance.  That's the impression my son was under.  Who would have told him that the pastor couldn't afford medical insurance unless it was the Pastor himself.  The Pastor there at that time is an officer in BigShine Worldwide.  He couldn't afford insurance?  My heart is just bleeding for him!  Lol!

Really, even if this "church" fails, they will still be able to sell those properties and keep the profits.  No lose situation for them.  The properties all over the U.S. are worth so much money, they can just laugh all the way to the bank.  Even if they fail, they don't fail in the most important aspect to them:  the money aspect.  Where or where is the IRS in all of this scam?  Why are they not investigating?  Or are they?

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

You heart goes out to the pastor who can’t afford medical insurance? Lol.

Do they buy the properties out right? Or do they take out a mortgage?

Hold on here, they buy bigger building and then they “say” they can’t afford to pay the oil bill? But you say they are looking for a way to extract more money. They play being so poor. They give you the poor story. Oh, I see what’s going on here.

These people are not stupid, they are good at putting on appearances, they have been doing it since childhood. Its their culture.

Like I said they believe that “to [them] the riches of the nations will come.”

MountainMom
    Participant

There are some very odd ways in which they buy the properties.  That is being looked into.  They can lay out several millions for churches, no problem.  Then they  plead with members about how poor they are, and they really need more financial help.  That is just outrageous.  The leaders completely make fools of their members and then laugh behind their backs.  They have done this to my son all along, laughing at how easy it was to turn him against those who really cared about him.  Laughing about how easy it was to take his money and run.  And it has been no small amount of money, either.  His retirement will be greatly affected by what they have taken.  Then, will they take care of him?  Oh, I just don't think so.  They have taken over his life completely for 8 years.  The money they took was the very least important thing, to me, about what he has lost, though.  There are a lot more important things a person needs besides money.  He's lost a lot of those things too. 

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

That is a terrible situation for your son. He’s stuck and probably doesn’t know how he can’t get out. They are making him into a victim. Its up to him to hit the brakes and get out. Make sure you keep the door open for him and let him know it’s open.

I’ve heard it said in my zion that members are used and then discarded. That was the attitude toward non korean members. I wasn’t supposed to know that but word still gets around.

Last I checked churches are supposed to be independent and self sufficient. They work and pay for their bills themselves. In the museum they showed the church process. They start out as a house church, then move up to an office church, and then to a regular church building. I assume they also get money from head office.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@ Mountain The Building they bought 2 years ago, was a steal. A struggling Methodist Church wanted to get rid of it, because they couldnt fit the bill. Our first Winter, we hear a message from the Overseer about the oil bill being “7’000$”. Then a few weeks later, he is yelling about it, with the guilt trip “Bredder and sister don’t sacrifice for Mother and Father?!” My point is WMS has deeeepp pockets. And they get their return in full. Free labor, Elec. Paid, Grounds keeping etc. All by the members and very rarely out of their own pockets. The New Windsor Property is huge. And again, they got it at a steal and rallied/trickrd members from the East Coast to do the grunt work. I was there, I know.

setufree
    Participant

Mayor and Mike wrote:

You heart goes out to the pastor who can't afford medical insurance? Lol.

Do they buy the properties out right? Or do they take out a mortgage?

In New Jersey I'm pretty sure they take out a mortgage.  The most recent PUBLIC RECORD, I have found online through the clerk's office is accessible here :  http://bergensearch.co.bergen.nj.us/countyweb

Just type in World Mission society church and it will pop up.  Lien documents from 2014 are the most recent though, and it looks like the church was mortgaged.

Also when they moved into the bigger church I knew of, a brother got hurt while working for free pretty badly.  He and the members laughed it off, but that could have been a severe medical situation involving a tool that apparently he did not know how to use.  People would paint without proper face shields on for hours also volunteering (labor)

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Getting back to the title of this discussion, It doesnt surprise me that members talk about “worldly” things on their Social media pages. Remember this though, its the WMS at fault for trying to place unrealistic restrictions on the human condition, and “False Christianity” has been doing this for Centuries. On day on NPR a person was speaking on Religious persecution. Religious restriction has caused many crazy things; Witch hunts, Doctrine manipulation similar to what we see in WMS. I remember reading once that Early churches thought Male pattern baldness was caused by the sin of masterbation. At one point it was thought that women weren’t supposed to enjoy sex. A non member friend of mine who attends a Charismatic church, told me how a member of his church told him that he and his wife thought it was sinful to make love with their clothes off. My point; On varying levels, fanaticism in religion goes against what is natural. God gave you sexual drive for a reason, eyes to see a beautiful or handsome person for a reason. But WMS doesnt want you to have any natural, healthy desires. Dont buy/play video games. Dont waste money on anything other than buying for Zion.

Right before we left, the Overseer went on a mini-tantrem, about how in other Zions Brothers and Sisters were approaching Leaders about members who they liked and wanted to date or Marry. He used his wizardry, talking about how true Brothers would only want to focus in ASh and Zhang. Again brainwashing, and denial of basic natural desires. Its natural to have and make connections to others. So when we see Instagrams of members liking Cars, Shoes, Sneakers, Clothes, Hobbies etc…these are normal desires….and also these members who have to hide from WMS Leadera, are next up to be free from the cult.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Thanks for the info setufree. Wizardry? Yes, the wizard made me do it. Lol.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@mayor Yeah, lol. Overseer Wizardry would make a great discussion title. But the Overseer used that instance to prevent members from desiring companionship. Such Wizardry, lol.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Haha. Do it. Make it a discussion since we are not talking about the original topic anyways. Sorry Felicia.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.