Motion to Dismiss Decision and Order – NJ BER-L-5274-12
Here are some bullet points regarding Judge Harz’s decision on Colón’s Motion to Dismiss. The complete document is available below.
- All claims against Defendant Newton were dismissed.
- All claims against Defendant Colón by her former husband were dismissed.
- The breach of contract claim was dismissed and the judge ruled that the non-disclosure agreement was “invalid and not binding between the parties”.
- The Plaintiff’s claims for trade libel were dismissed.
- Claims related to statements allegedly made by Defendant Colón at public variance hearings were dismissed.
- The case will go into discovery as to the Plaintiff’s claims for defamation and conspiracy and false light/defamation by implication and conspiracy.
This litigation carried a little over 2 more years before finally being dismissed by the Court.Colon-Motion-To-Dismiss-Decision-Order-08-07-13-1