Sueno Maruyama

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 183 total)
  • #66819

    Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

    I did go after all. It was so phony I wanted to leave ASAP. They greeted families and friends with candy leis (I refused to wear it) and my daughter led me to sit with her. I wanted to talk to other families, but my daughter never net me do so. Every church member was sitting right next to their family members and followed everywhere, even to the bathroom! I could only managed to talk to one family whose son is in the group and they were not happy. This was definitely a damage control or PR. They never mentioned anything about Heavenly Bi…nor Ahn. They only showed how much they are donating throughout the world (like blood donation and water in some African country

    #66814

    Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

    I have talked a couple of other families, they decided to go. I’m still wondering.

    #66813

    Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

    Hi I have the same problem here wondering whether I should go today or not… My daughter is begging to come but I really don’t. If I go I may make a scene.

    #63374

    Sueno Maruyama
    Participant
    #63373

    Sueno Maruyama
    Participant
    #47087

    Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

    It is possible, I think, to formulate Biblical passages to justify many of the WMSCOG beliefs.  Other leaders, like Rev. Sun Myung Moon, David Koresh, Jim Jones, etc …. also were able to establish fairly logical Biblical justifications for their deadly beliefs.  That is why we think it important NOT to concentrate on arguing people out of WMSCOG through "scholarly" interpretations of Biblical scripture.  Rather it may be more fruitful to concentrate on humanistic things, like …. "don't you miss your Mom, Dad, Sisters and Brothers"?, Arent' you getting tired of spending 5 days a week in WMSCOG activities?? … Wouldn't you like to complete your College degree and start into a nice career making money" …. aren't you getting tired of relying on WMSCOG for your daily meals (especially that awful Kim Chee)  etc etc etc

    #47168

    Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

    I'm a little confused by this …. 

    #47164

    Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

    loocpoc wrote:

    The picture says "Chambers of Worship". I do not know if it is Zhang because that style of hairdo was popular with older Asian women.

    Zhang is an older woman, probably in her early 70's

    #47131

    Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

    Not sure.  The Essenes had a very interesting world view … but of course, I am not Jewish.  

    #46254

    Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

    shimon wrote:

    I still think he is a racist bigotted idiot or a Poe trying to make nonmembers look bad. 

    I think you still feel guilty for being taken in by such illogical theology … it's OK, shimon, you'll grow out of it ….. 

    #47023

    Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

    Emily wrote:

    Sueno Maruyama wrote:

    Well, Emily, I would say you are correct if you are Christian, but I think Jewish people would have a different opinion on that ….

    Yes I agree and I am Christian.  But I think we need to remember that the WMS claims to be "Christian"…at least sometimes.  They claim to believe in the NT.  So I don't find it to be productive to argue whether or not Chrisitanity is valid in this forum because it isn't relevant here.  No offense to anyone.  Just saying.   

     I understand your point about the "Christian" propaganda promulgated by WMSCOG …. however I think you need to understand that many WMSCOG recruits may not come from traditional Christian backgrounds or families.  Our family member did not, however the person who was the main recruiter WAS from a "born again" Christian family background.  So I think the approach to easing people out of this mind control cult should include a broad approach to what is an acceptable religious alternative to WMSCOG.  For some, a traditional Christian church may be a good alternative.  For others, it may not be.  Just saying ….

    #47051

    Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

    king34 wrote:

    in a away I do agree that the korean in this church are a little racist. but racist in the way that they think that because of there eastern way of thinking they are better than us western. I remember they showed a video specically showing us the brothers and sisters how people from the east think better than us .

     Interesting.  How do they reconcile their supposedly superior "Eastern" ways with the fact that Jesus, Moses, Solomon, et al were of "Western" bloodlines????  I do agree with you, however, that racism is definitely a component of the "functioning" world of WMSCOG.

    #47050

    Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

    shimon wrote:

    The group of people who are not in the dark are all in the same race, but they aren't calling in any new Koreans either.

     Uhhh …. grammer?  What exactly are you saying here?

    #47046

    Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

    WMSCOG propaganda notwithstanding, it is all about race.  All control, financial, spiritual and otherwise, is 100% South Korean.  It will never be any other way with this group.  An arguement could be made Moon's organization is actually a bit less racially oriented than WMSCOG.  But with WMSCOG, it is all about race.

    #47026

    Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

    The techniques of a mind control cults are pretty similar.  In such a cult, you NEVER acquire full knowledge and understanding of the "theology".  That is what helps to keep you committed to the cult.  That is what helps the cult maintain control.  WMSCOG is controlled by a small group of Koreans …. others, particularly non Korean members, will never acquire a high level of "knowledge" or power within the group … 

    Moon's cult was formulated by a combination of Korean AND Japanese involvement … but WMSCOG is 100% Korean …. as far as formulation of theology is concerned … and definitely as far as CONTROL is concerned …

    #47021

    Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

    Well, Emily, I would say you are correct if you are Christian, but I think Jewish people would have a different opinion on that ….

    #44024

    Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

    Who really cares???? The point is that Mr. Ahn started his own "brand" of religion after leaving the 7th Day Adventist Church that he came from.  His "brand" eventually led to the formulation of WMSCOG.  It is difficult to believe that WMSCOG has established much of a presence in Red China ….. not much money there anyway.  Best to expand in the USA (like their inspiration, Rev Sun Myung Moon).  That's were you can REALLY make money …. Big Shine Worldwide, Inc et al ……

    #47044

    Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

    I think under the "new" guidelines formulated in the past couple of years, WMSCOG concentrates on recruiting young people NOT tied down with young children …. as pointed out above this can interfere with recruitment efforts …. and that is the main effort of WMSCOG.  The more people paying the tithe, the more money the "founders" accumulate …. and the "founders" are all of Korean nationality ….  oh, sorry, some might say that is a racist remark …..

    #47124

    Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

    Like many others before them, the mind control cult "WMSCOG" uses their "guru" writings as a sort of Bible.  WMSCOG has several "writings" of Mr. Ahn (edited by WMSCOG editors) that supposedly support their theology …. So sort of …. the "Bible" according to "the WMSCOG Ahn" is written … you just need to be a "believer" to understand it ….

    Just like Jim Jones, David Koresh, Charles Manson, Rev Sun Myung Moon, etc etc etc

    #46771

    Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

    Joshua wrote:

    New Years Party at my house. When the clock strikes twelve we will all toast a new year 2013. Will all of the WMSCOG members do the same? I hope so. Out with the old and in with the new. I hope this relates to the state of mind as well. Jesus is Lord!

    Excellent!!!!!  I will be facing East, towards Korea, tosting Heavenly Mommy!  OOOPS!  With a delicious Martini!!!!!

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 183 total)