You're really not alone!

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

Over and over I keep hearing a repeated theme. It doesn't matter if you are trapped in a controlling group or in a main stream church there are people, no matter how well liked, that just feel lonely. This is one of the biggest tricks/traps that cults use to lure and also keep people in their groups. It's reprehensible how a group will manipulate people because each of us have a need to be involved and liked. Even the most well rounded people have these desires ingrained in them. This is why you can find some people caught in things like this that you would never think could be tricked. People are people and manipulation is manipulation!

There is hope! 1 Corinthians 10:12-13 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

How many people have been duped into staying by hearing things like, "Where are you going to be able to go where the Passover is being kept?", "Who else is keeping the Sabbath properly like we do?", "Everyone here is your spiritual family, if you go then you are abandoning your true family not to mention mother and father." How many stories have we heard now that goes something like, "I can't leave because I have a friend." or "I don't want to be the only one." how about this one, "I don't want to look like I have doubts." This is all manipulation folks! Powerful and cunning manipulation!

We are hear for you! You are not alone and you don't have to go through this by yourself! Many of us have been in your shoes. Don't stay trapped! God has provided you with a way out and a group of people that you can relate to who are willing to help. For those of you that are not mixed up in a controlling group but just feel like nobody really cares about you or that you think you have to do things alone and no one is there to share the burdon with you also need to come out of that! Too many people here are willing to listen and can share encouragement with you for you to keep going on with this kind of self defeating thought. You are not alone! Don't let Satan own you in this way! You can be a overcomer! We're here to help.

emil
    Participant

Yes Stained. Your name is prophsied in the bible when it says the new name will be written on the white stone. Anything written on a white stone can only be a stain.

emil
    Participant

Yes Stained. Your name is prophsied in the bible when it says the new name will be written on the white stone. Anything written on a white stone can only be a stain.

Harry
    Participant

emil wrote:

and there's the proof everything we say and believe is right there in the bible…..god bless you Emil

Harry
    Participant

emil wrote:

and there's the proof everything we say and believe is right there in the bible…..god bless you Emil

Stained
    Participant

emil wrote:

You are wise beyond your years Emil, go now ye into all the world and Stain them with my word.  And don't ph'uck it up.

Stained
    Participant

emil wrote:

You are wise beyond your years Emil, go now ye into all the world and Stain them with my word.  And don't ph'uck it up.

Omer
    Participant

People with bona fide knowledge should also have a desire of helping others trapped in this money-loving, despicaple organization. When you come upon them in shopping center or any other place, please do stop and try to engage a conversation to enlighten their darkened world. They are being bombarded with false teaching and never coming true prophesies. Most of the members have no background of bible knowledge. Therefore, they were easily tricked into this cacophony. Those who say I know alot should feel under obligation of offering the doubts of false teaching of COG and let them know that their loved ones will always leave the lights on for them…

Omer
    Participant

People with bona fide knowledge should also have a desire of helping others trapped in this money-loving, despicaple organization. When you come upon them in shopping center or any other place, please do stop and try to engage a conversation to enlighten their darkened world. They are being bombarded with false teaching and never coming true prophesies. Most of the members have no background of bible knowledge. Therefore, they were easily tricked into this cacophony. Those who say I know alot should feel under obligation of offering the doubts of false teaching of COG and let them know that their loved ones will always leave the lights on for them…

emil
    Participant

@Omer
    – Not sure if you ever tried correcting them about their false teaching. They are tuned to speaking to others, not listening to them. What I call half-duplex communication in technical language.

emil
    Participant

@Omer
    – Not sure if you ever tried correcting them about their false teaching. They are tuned to speaking to others, not listening to them. What I call half-duplex communication in technical language.

Disturbed
    Participant

They are taught to deflect. If you ask a question that they do not want to answer the response is “later”. If you ask too many questions or you’re not falling for the banana in the tailpipe they will move on to the next person.

Disturbed
    Participant

They are taught to deflect. If you ask a question that they do not want to answer the response is “later”. If you ask too many questions or you’re not falling for the banana in the tailpipe they will move on to the next person.

Sarah2013
    Participant

So true, Disturbed.

Sarah2013
    Participant

So true, Disturbed.

Omer
    Participant

Well, all I am saying that they have the guts to go up to the people and feed their false teachings, we should be able to point out contradictions to their teachings…

Keep in mind, not all of the members' hearts turned callous… there are those who are new to their teachings and pair up with seniors to preach to others. If you present your point of view, they might choose to take off, but I am pretty sure back of their mind, there will be a question mark and hopefully, be itching to research about it all. Also, engaging with them should not be in argumental way. We could simply listen to them and relay the reality in a presentable way whether or not they are being receptive. At the end, all in the hands of God. What counts is the effort that we are willing to put. Don't you think that it is highly unlikeyly for them to come to this website and read it all then realize how mistaken they have been?  

The bottom line, this website is a platform to educate ourselves with others' experience and knowledge. Because I fit in their prime profile, I am a person that being approaced by COG members pretty often. I feel like the more knowledge I gain the weaker they will get with their preaching. Keep in mind, they go up to numereous people and they often get rejected. I believe it must be very difficult to cope with staggering rejections and to top it all, getting in discussions over their teachings… it would be priceless…

Omer
    Participant

Well, all I am saying that they have the guts to go up to the people and feed their false teachings, we should be able to point out contradictions to their teachings…

Keep in mind, not all of the members' hearts turned callous… there are those who are new to their teachings and pair up with seniors to preach to others. If you present your point of view, they might choose to take off, but I am pretty sure back of their mind, there will be a question mark and hopefully, be itching to research about it all. Also, engaging with them should not be in argumental way. We could simply listen to them and relay the reality in a presentable way whether or not they are being receptive. At the end, all in the hands of God. What counts is the effort that we are willing to put. Don't you think that it is highly unlikeyly for them to come to this website and read it all then realize how mistaken they have been?  

The bottom line, this website is a platform to educate ourselves with others' experience and knowledge. Because I fit in their prime profile, I am a person that being approaced by COG members pretty often. I feel like the more knowledge I gain the weaker they will get with their preaching. Keep in mind, they go up to numereous people and they often get rejected. I believe it must be very difficult to cope with staggering rejections and to top it all, getting in discussions over their teachings… it would be priceless…

Smurf
    Participant

Omer wrote:

Don't you think that it is highly unlikeyly for them to come to this website and read it all then realize how mistaken they have been?  

You'd be surprised ๐Ÿ™‚

Smurf
    Participant

Omer wrote:

Don't you think that it is highly unlikeyly for them to come to this website and read it all then realize how mistaken they have been?  

You'd be surprised ๐Ÿ™‚

emil
    Participant

@Omer
    – you may be right that a very small minority of them will ever come visiting this forum. You are certainly right that this site is educational for the majority of us. Besides, I believe this site is also group therapy for a few whose family is stuck in there.

It is wonderful that you have repeated opportunity to engage with new members. My own experience with a few of the wmscog members I have engaged with has been that they are very keen and enthusiastic to preach, but the moment they are preached to, they figuratively shut up their ears. They will keep bombarding you with their doctrines without bothering to listen to anything you say to refute them.

If your experience has been different, more power to you my friend.

emil
    Participant

@Omer
    – you may be right that a very small minority of them will ever come visiting this forum. You are certainly right that this site is educational for the majority of us. Besides, I believe this site is also group therapy for a few whose family is stuck in there.

It is wonderful that you have repeated opportunity to engage with new members. My own experience with a few of the wmscog members I have engaged with has been that they are very keen and enthusiastic to preach, but the moment they are preached to, they figuratively shut up their ears. They will keep bombarding you with their doctrines without bothering to listen to anything you say to refute them.

If your experience has been different, more power to you my friend.

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.