Years for Jesus

• Creator
    Topic
    genny
    Participant

I need to know what the WMSCOG's official teaching is concerning the years of Jesus' birth, ministry and death.

So far, I've found a few conflicting things, so I'm not sure which is the official position.  One says born 4 BC, another says died AD 31, another says ministered AD 30-33….

Would you all please let me know what you (or your loved one) was told about this?

And for any wmscog members reading, you are the ones I'd most like to hear from–what were you taught?

Thank you!

genny
    Participant

Shimon, can you please help me with this question?  Do you know what the wmscog's teaching is about this?

Simon
    Participant

Not sure there is an official doctrine on that one

Joshua
    Participant

Shimon, what do you know for sure about the teachings of the WMSCOG in regards to Jesus Christ?

KF
    Participant

I want to know why it has to be that Jesus returns after 2,000 years how do they come up with that theory?

KF
    Participant

Simon, Emil, can you help me understand this one.

emil
    Participant

To fit the fact. All their stuff starts with a hypothesis. Then they force the bible to fit the facts by their weird interpretations. Take for instance the David prophecy. Where does scripture say the descendant of David must reign for 40 years?

Simon
    Participant

I’ve never heard anything specific re 2000 years

so far as the 40 years they don’t say its because he’s Davids descendent but because he’s David

emil
    Participant

^In that case, it is even more far-fetched that the period should be split in two in that manner. 7 + 33 could have sounded logical but 3 + 37? I can't see it.

Simon
    Participant

Even outside i find that argument stupid

emil
    Participant

^ Not clear what you mean, especially in view of the "Even outside.."

Simon
    Participant

Outside wmscog as opposed to a member

but even if wmscog were right about the prophecy existing ahn only preached 36 years so if it exists ahn still fails

emil
    Participant

I thought that too but I was mislead because it sounded odd to say it that way. You were more likely to find that argument stupid while you were outside than if you were inside. I would have understood it if you said that you found it stupid even when you were inside.

Regarding the prophecy itself, I understand that it means the messiah is to be a descendant of David. That is patently untrue in the case of Ahn. It was fulfilled by Jesus. Jesus himslef rules out the possibilty that the messiah is David himself when he explains to the pharisees the Psalm where David refers to Jesus as his Lord, clearly indicating that David is below the messiah hierarchically. Admittedly that was not the point that Jesus was making at the time but it serves to prove the point here.

Simon
    Participant

They don’t mean David was a christophany just a prophecy

emil
    Participant

And what points match? I am wondering if I couldn't set up a claim based on the facts that I used to shoot with a sling as a kid, I come from the east, I am of small stature by western standards at least, I play the guitar and sing, mostly hymns but secular songs as well. 

Simon
    Participant

Allegedly the 30/40 and establishing Jerusalem his child building the templr/children the church

that’s what i remember

but i figured out why ahn could commit adultery with Zhang. David and bathsheba ๐Ÿ˜‰

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Allegedly the 30/40 and establishing Jerusalem his child building the templr/children the church

that's what i remember

but i figured out why ahn could commit adultery with Zhang. David and bathsheba ๐Ÿ˜‰

I must confess on that criterion I am a miserable failure ๐Ÿ™‚ Good one.

Simon
    Participant

Not sure failure to commit adultery is a bad thing ๐Ÿ™‚

emil
    Participant

Boo hoo I can't be David. I sooo wanted to be.

Then again, David had Uriah the Hittite, husband of Bathsheba killed. ASH did not kill ZGJ's first husband that I know of.

Simon
    Participant

Sending him to hell the second death

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Maybe he did! Zahng divorced her husband to be with Ash therefore killing him off.. getting him out of the pictur.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.