World Mission Society Church of God Tax Exempt Application Ridgewood, NJ

Sarah2013
    Participant

@ Romeo: I think when you copy and paste, if you choose plain text, it will do so without the other commands.

Simon
    Participant

Sounds cultic to me lol

Simon
    Participant

Sounds cultic to me lol

Simon
    Participant

So far as Catholic havo do with RCC and Orthodox Churches only in the sense it has to do with Baptists and Lutherans and Presbyterians and Anglicans et al

Simon
    Participant

So far as Catholic havo do with RCC and Orthodox Churches only in the sense it has to do with Baptists and Lutherans and Presbyterians and Anglicans et al

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

The word Catholic in the Apostles Creed has NOTHING to do with the Roman Catholic Church  they named themselves after the notion

On what evidence do you base that conclusion? Even to this day, most official documents of the Catholic Church use the name Catholic Church not RCC. The two are interchangeable terms. At most, you could say Roman is where the Latin rite is used and others use various Eastern rites but are still in communion and part of the CC. A total of 22 churches I believe.

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

The word Catholic in the Apostles Creed has NOTHING to do with the Roman Catholic Church  they named themselves after the notion

On what evidence do you base that conclusion? Even to this day, most official documents of the Catholic Church use the name Catholic Church not RCC. The two are interchangeable terms. At most, you could say Roman is where the Latin rite is used and others use various Eastern rites but are still in communion and part of the CC. A total of 22 churches I believe.

Simon
    Participant

The Catholic church denomination named itself after the notion gods church is catholic ADJECTIVE. not a name

emil
    Participant

The whole name is one, holy, catholic, apostolic church. It is called catholic for brevity. There is a practically unbroken line of succession from apostolic times.

Simon
    Participant

That’s the same post. hoc reasoning wmscog. uses regarding their name

emil
    Participant

But I notice you offer no reasoning at all. Just claims.

Simon
    Participant

Same on your side

Simon
    Participant

Your side makes the claim i reject it

emil
    Participant

I gave you one piece of evidence. The continuity in line of succession. You haven't given me a shred.

Simon
    Participant

That’s a claim

emil
    Participant

what do you mean it is a claim? There is a unbroken line of Popes since the time of Peter.

Jack
    Participant

Sorry people, but I don’t think we should start arguing about the Catholic Church now, lets try not to get off track

MountainMom
    Participant

The Presbyterian church recites the Creed. 

Sarah2013
    Participant

I agree with Jack here. To keep at the Catholic Church debate only takes away from the main reason for this site – the ones we are examining.

Simon
    Participant

That would be 100% irresponsible

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.