World Mission Society Church of God Tax Exempt Application Ridgewood, NJ

Disturbed
    Participant

According to this document Mr Kim (GP) received a revelation from God to preach to all the world. So instead of telling the United States government that the church was founded by ASH & Zhang which is what they teach the members, he told the truth…he (Mr Kim) founded WMSCOG in or about 1998 in the United States.

Makes perfect sense since ASH wasn’t the founder of WMSCOG anyway. But what’s rather curious is since Zhang is “god the mother” why isn’t she listed as the founder of the church? WMSCOG teaches that God will establish His own church but this document contradicts that very teaching. Mr Kim is a mere man, a sinner like the rest of us. What qualifies Mr Kim to list himself as the founder of “God’s” church? WMSCOG teaches that god the father (ASH) and god the mother (Zhang) are one so since she is here on earth why isn’t her name listed on these documents?

Sarah2013
    Participant

Great question, Disturbed. 

Disturbed
    Participant

And who are the elders? It says to be “ordained” one has to be baptized, study 6 months and keep service for one year. I guess we can all be ordained then because the majority of us meet the criteria. Does that make us the elders? And bible study once a week! They should put us all on the payroll cause I know I was up in there more than once a week doing some bible studying!

Disturbed
    Participant

I’m glad I got out before I died! My family would have torn that church to pieces if they found out my “church home” refused to give me burial services. Especially after I gave so much money. I remember asking about funerals for some strange reason when I was a new member. I was told the situation hadn’t occurred yet.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Hmmm…. I thought, (me), that while attending Wmscog and keeping all that is required, one is protected from all disasters. 

emil
    Participant

Good points Disturbed.

MountainMom
    Participant

My son told me he couldn't attend any ceremony in any church besides the wmscog.  I asked him if he told his grandmother yet that he won't be attending her funeral or be one of her pall bearers.  He said he couldn't go in any other church for ANY reason.  Of course, he hasn't told her, he knows darn well it would break her heart and he adores his grandmother.  That is going to be a hard one for him and for all of us.  She is 86 years old, and time is running out. 

genny
    Participant

I've been looking at the form.  A few observations…

On one page it says that "method of electing trustees" and "asset distribution" are "as set forth in the bylaws."  But in at least two other places it says that they have no bylaws.

They also said no to "do you provide goods, services, or funds to individuals" (page 5), but what about all those videos we see of them providing clean up services?

And they said no to "do you or will you make grants, loans, or other distributions to foreign organizations" (page 7), but what about the money they send back to Korea?

Also interesting that they said no (page 13) to "do you have a written creed, statement of faith, or summary of beliefs" and "do you have a distinct religious history" and "are you a part of a group of churches with similar beliefs and structures" and "do you have schools for the preparation of your ordained ministers."

I'm not surprised that they said no to "do your members have voting rights, rights to participate in religious functions, or other rights." (also page 13)

But I am surprised, after seeing Kim Joo Cheol and Dong Il Lee listed as trustees, that they said no to "is your minister or religious leader also one of your officers, directors or trustees" (page 13).

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I am sitting here with my mouth agape…. I'm writing about this one, too.

Emily
    Participant

A few observations of mine:

Page 3 Line 2A asks if any of the trustees listed are related and they answered no.  Dong Il Lee and Bong Hee Lee are husband and wife.  Dong's signature is on pages 11 & 12.  I heard from another former member that they blamed the prior inconsistencies in the other 1023 applications on the attorneys and accountants.  Don't see how they can do that here.

Page 9 Line 15 says that they made $400,000 in contributions from 5/08-12/08.  Who did they donate that money to?  When they donated $100,000 to the UN, they wouldn't stop talking about it.  There are even pics of them handing the UN the check online.  So what cause(s) did $400,000 in 8 months go to?  They also estimated that they would disburse $1,000,000 in 2010, but all I can find is online, is their donation of 10% of that amound to the UN.  Sorry, but I find all of this very hard to believe.

Disturbed
    Participant

@Emily…they “donated” that money to the mother church in Korea in envelopes carried by members going to Korea to visit Zhang

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Page 7, 13a – No grants to other organizations. [Explain to me what Zion Offering is?]

I think they didn't add their website because it would reveal their lies.

emil
    Participant

I do not know much about accounting and even less about how it is done in the US. I looked at the Income/Expenditure and find interest at $200000. Now where can that interest be going to? I thought perhaps there is a mortgage payment or something. But there is no property listed under assets. Just $80000 cash. Neither is there a loan reported under liabilities. So $200000 interest for what?

Emily
    Participant

admin wrote:

https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/archives/world-mission-society-church-of-god-irs-tax-exempt-application-ridgewood-nj/

Did you guys notice the page after the conflict of interest policy where it mentions the Apostles' Creed?

The Apostles' Creed includes the following text:

"I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of the saints…"  I even checked the latin version and put it into google translate to make sure.  

Now why would the wms claim that they follow the Apostles' Creed when they believe that the Catholic Church is run by the devil?!!

Lies lies lies.

Simon
    Participant

The word Catholic in the Apostles Creed has NOTHING to do with the Roman Catholic Church  they named themselves after the notion

Emily
    Participant

I would also like to note that the wms just copied the IRS sample conflict of interest policy and attached it.  They didn't even bother to edit it to serve their purposes.  For example, Article II discusses a hospital insert that does not apply.  

Sloppy!  I seriously doubt that they adhere to it.

Emily
    Participant

Simon wrote:

The word Catholic in the Apostles Creed has NOTHING to do with the Roman Catholic Church  they named themselves after the notion

Even if that is true Simon, have you ever heard the wms recite this creed?  I sure didn't.  So why would they include this in their application?

Simon
    Participant

Never heard any church recite the creed

romeo
    Participant

The catholic church does… they teach you since you are a little kid and you repeat it every time you go to mass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdkDPPjs-nQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt0V07fyACE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpYrkMHrB30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCvj1tERAco

I believe in God,

the Father almighty,

Creator of heaven and earth,

and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,

who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,

born of the Virgin Mary,

suffered under Pontius Pilate,

was crucified, died and was buried;

he descended into hell;

on the third day he rose again from the dead;

he ascended into heaven,

and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty;

from there he will come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,

the holy catholic Church,

the communion of saints,

the forgiveness of sins,

the resurrection of the body,

and life everlasting. Amen

WMSCOG doesnt really follow the Apostles creed. They only put it as a shortcut cause they know how weird they are!  And that "catholic" has something to do with Roman Catholic Church and Orthodox Catholic and nothing with WMSCOG

Sarah2013
    Participant

@ Romeo: I think when you copy and paste, if you choose plain text, it will do so without the other commands.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.