World Mission Society Church of God Financial Statements Raise Questions

Kai TIng
    Participant

Wow excellent stuff really, being kind of searching for an updated version of the financial stuff. Thanks so much for the new post!

MountainMom
    Participant

Over twenty million in cash and assets for just the one church in Ridgewood?  Am I reading that correctly?  And this is only one of their churches and properties.  That one in New Windsor is worth a fortune, and all the acreage, too.  It will generate more than this one in Ridgewood, for sure.  They are buying up all kinds of multimillion dollar properties all over the U.S., so I think I am accurate in saying this group is extremely lucrative, and is getting more so all the time, while having no accountability at all for what the funds are used for. 

I know that the members pay for the food, maintenance of the property, and even buy the toilet paper for the bathrooms, for goodness sake.  They also buy the books they use to recruit and study.  By the way, I hear they are pressured to give the books back if they quit, even thought they have paid for them.  So actually, they probably sell them over and over again, from what I hear.  Double profit, if that is the case. 

And then, instead of using any of the money for the poor  they rent a costly facility in Manhattan to promote the "Mothers Love" Art Show?  Can the poor eat art? 

Momsix828
    Participant

Look at the year. Look at difference in 2009 and 2012. Imagine the difference in 2012 and 2015? It could be double….

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Lets read between the lines. Ridgewood has alot of members, but not that much. Seems like WMS masters the old saying, “Of you need to borrow 3$ don’t ask for 5,ask for 10$”. Im banking that WMS pockets any extra money it requests from its members for projects. Ask for money for construction, when no construction needs to be done

Abhigail Delema
    Participant

They started here in the year 2000 in India and were not registered as a charity group till 2011, till then they collected money ,gold,big offerings telling members they are going to build a church and we need to look out for some place.Pastor said let us see how much we will collect as members of the church and mother will help us with the rest we need to build the church,if question were asked the pastor was very irritated as to how much did we collect so far.Who gave what and no recipet or record was maintained but the love bombing was strong he knew how to play his cards he went quitely to members house showed bible verse spoke ill about one another, doing his best to get money out of the members even promising them that they would go to korea to see mother and mother was very pleased for what they are doing etc.Even at that time members paid for ,meals,books,Pass over grapes,tithes ,offering all money sent to Korea,members had no clue of the total amt collected,but you could here words like mother has blessed us with this and that ,so we must always say thanks to mother and father at all times.In the year 2011 there was a big rummor that the world would end the people who visted korea and once again verese were showed from the bible that the rich man could not enter the kingdom of heaven and people sold their shops, land,houses etc and good amount of money collected members increased to above 300,got regestered as a chartiy group no tax paid at all to govt.All money exchanged in grey market in dollars and send to korea with visting members (distributed) and handed over in korea.Fake recipts made in the name of members just to maintain tax records of offerings recived but re ipets not given to members.The sad thing here is they are making over a lac of rupees on a sabbath day and the RCchurch in the vicinity having 4 lac and above members doesnt make this amount on a sunday having 7 masses in their church.Now here in zion they have made a rule that if you dont keep the sabbath morning worship you cant have lunch even though members pay for it.Even though they give you a cheap normal food of pulses cereals and rice saying zion is a place to worship god not to eat and drink.I just heard in the UAE dubai they have already collected money for the passover wine,here i noticed members are not worried about the money but why are theydoing it so early may be smoething is going to happen.They have more then 25 churches all over India all follow the same system and more are being established and money is being collected.Now they have changed their strategy they have sent a decon who is married to a korean to work and his Korean wife to is working wonder whats cooking in their minds.Basicaly here there is only money comming in the church no money going out .Even picnic ,Elohist magzine,song book ,preaching book,Bible,CDs,Truth books,Chairs, Tables,Stereo Mic system,Air con etcis all brought by members we were told you cannot feel the love for anything unless you pay for it or work for it.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Whats amazing is, they dont even muster money together for the poor members to go to Korea. The early church in the beginning, would come together and put money together because they were poor. WMS has money. But that money only seems to benefit Korea. When I would look at the Welcome Video, the churches in Korea were like skyscrapers. Go & Come looks like a college, with man made waterfalls etc. Clearly, as the COG grew in the Us, and around the world, they mastered being financial Vampires

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Cha ching. I wonder what the numbers look like in the zions in Korea. Those churches are massive.

Maybe I’m in the wrong occupation here…

Ya, I’ve heard about people not being able to go to korea due to their financial circumstances.

Proverbs 11:4 “Wealth is worthless in the day of wrath, but righteous delivers from death.”

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@mayor Def. if you work for them your doing well. I’ve seen the pictures and it seems like they are trying to put a WMS in every city in S.Korea. They even have a billboard campaign in Seoul. They have money, and lots of it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Excellent work on this.  It shows with the cash position that this group operates the same way as the Unification Church.  Now the investing is in infrastructure but soon enough there will be investment in other things (Mr. Moon's family owns lots of real estate worldwide as well as things like the Washington Times newspaper).  I've said all along that Long Dong Lee and Choo Choo Kim and the rest of the gang saw how well Mr. Moon did and they want some too!

Azula
    Participant

This is a really great find! It further confirms what I have suspected all along: THE WORLD IS NOT GOING TO END.

The cult is lying to the members and is of milking them of all their money. If the world really were ending, according to their teachings, then why are they accumulating all this wealth on earth? They prophesy one thing with their mouths but yet by their actions they do something that completely contradicts their beliefs. Like I've said it before there is no financial transparency at all. Man! If only the memebers could see this.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

The members will see this. Hopefully sooner. They just have to check these truth websites. The second thing I did after my baptism was check these sites and see the other side of the coin.

In 2012 I saw a video that showed plans for WMS to keep on expanding in North America. They weren’t preparing for the end by the looks of it.

I’d like to know how high is this cash mountain. So does all this money go to Korea? And I have to ask, is this bad for the economy?

I’m under the impression that 10 percent of one zion’s revenue goes to Korea. But I’m not 100 percent. Some of it would have to go back into circulation.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mayor Im thinking that much more goes back to the head church. I used to think that the financial sacrifice of American members, goes to help the poorer “Zions” in other countries. I am not sure if this is the case. Other members all over thr world, pay for everything. That is why I honestly think WMS pockets alot of money.

MountainMom
    Participant

@Mayor and Mike:  You ask if the money going into the church is bad for the economy.  Well I can definitely tell you it has been bad for MY SON'S economy!  He gave everything he had, which was quite a lot, for years.  He also drew out his retirement fund.  He lost not one, but two professional jobs within a year and a half due, in my belief, to the demands of the church.  He is not working now, either, as far as I know.  Yeah, I'd say his involvement has been bad for his economy.  I also know of other people who have been, or are currently living in their cars due to giving all their money to the Wms.  Some of this is due to the fact they can't keep a job because their employers won't put up with their shenanigans. 

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mayor Im sooo sorry to read that about your son. I’ve seen others living on crumbs to sustain their “Zion”. A deacon, his wife and 13year old were living in a one bedroom apartment. The son slept in the living room. I feel your pain, Mayor. Continue to keep thr faith, he will come to his senses.

MountainMom
    Participant

UntouchableJ wrote:

@Mayor Im sooo sorry to read that about your son. I've seen others living on crumbs to sustain their "Zion". A deacon, his wife and 13year old were living in a one bedroom apartment. The son slept in the living room. I feel your pain, Mayor. Continue to keep thr faith, he will come to his senses.

When?  It has been more than seven years.  So much damage has been done to him and also to  our family.  And now it will start with our little grandson. 

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mayor I don’t know when, maybe when Zhang dies.

MountainMom
    Participant

UntouchableJ wrote:

@Mayor I don't know when, maybe when Zhang dies.

This is Mountainmom you are actually replying to, not Mayor.  And I know that no one really knows when a person has had enough and will come out.  I no longer believe that even when a major event happens that a devoted member will surely come out.  2012 was definitive, yet many didn't leave. Even when my son heard his friend in the church saying he was so sure the world was ending in 2012 that they should shut the church down if it didn't happen.  Even when he told us it would be happening, maybe even sooner than 2012, but for sure in 2012.  He was so frantic to recruit that I thought he was losing his mind.  He was always prone to anxiety and their doctrine made it so much worse.  It was very bad for his mental state, and we were all so worried about him.  

When Zhang dies, another lie will be told.  I actually have a letter from my son that states that she will not die.  But he will find a way to modify that when the time comes.  I know this sounds pessimistic, but it has been so long, and I have seen so much.  I have hoped so much, loved for so long, and I have barely survived this. 

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@mountain, Sorry for the mix up. Yes, Zang will die. I believe she is sick now, simply because two New Years in a row, we weren’t able to connect on the phone for the conference call. Always some excuse.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

@Mountain. After all the effort, work, and money your son has spent in the church, I hope Zion doesn’t turn their backs on him. Some members are quick to turn on you. Missionary Ramos touched upon it, Brain Taylor talked about it, I’ve seen it. Just make sure to be there for him when he comes out. He’s gonna need it. I hope he can still save his retirement.

MountainMom
    Participant

Mayor and Mike wrote:

@Mountain. After all the effort, work, and money your son has spent in the church, I hope Zion doesn't turn their backs on him. Some members are quick to turn on you. Missionary Ramos touched upon it, Brain Taylor talked about it, I've seen it. Just make sure to be there for him when he comes out. He's gonna need it. I hope he can still save his retirement.

They will turn on him.  I think they actually may have rebuked him when he lost his last job.  The church definitely can't be blamed, you know.  They make it a personal failing of the member when something goes wrong.  My son is a devoted member who does whatever they say, so why does he have all kinds of work and health problems?  He hasn't ever missed a Passover yet he isn't protected.  He has had so many things happen that it is just amazing that he doesn't figure it out. 

I will be there for him. 

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.