Wms recruiting at University of Illinois

• Creator
    Topic
    MountainMom
    Participant

I guess the Wms is really excited about spreading their message at the U. of I. campus, too.  Well, probably at every campus, I guess.  I think Chicago needs to beware, but I dont' know if anyone on here has any connections there.  Too bad.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Are these considered, “branch churches” on the campuses or are they disguising themselves as a bible study group?

MountainMom
    Participant

I am not sure.  But I believe they are doing seminars and disguising themselves as a bible study group. 

LambofGod
    Participant

I believe we got to be the ones to plant the seeds first, of their deciet and lies by open postings on various platforms. 

Brian Taylor
    Participant

When I was a member I was told that Chicago Zion was unique in that most of the members there were between forty and sixty years old. Perhaps changing the member age demographic is something they have in mind.

MountainMom
    Participant

There are some older members, but I wouldn't say that most of them are that old.  They are also targeting the hispanic community.  Well, everyone, really, but seem to have a lot of members that are hispanic.

LambofGod
    Participant

Quite the opposite of San Diego.  They were full of p*ss and vinegar.  College students, military members, and the like.  The San Diego short term preaching has roots with Phoenix, Mexico, Chula Vista, San Marcos, Yuma, Utah, Tuscon, and a few other branches that don't come to mind at the moment. 

MountainMom
    Participant

You must have known some people there that I now know.  One in particular made several videos and picketed the Reseda location at one time.  She was a fireball, but I think she never actually recruited anyone while a member.  She just liked to argue with them too much, lol!  She was in the navy while she was a member.  You know who I am talking about?

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Yes, quite a Pistol indeed.

LambofGod
    Participant

Thats tough one.  I do have a few in mind.

MountainMom
    Participant

Bump

uicstudent
    Participant

They cover themselves as a church group at UIC called Melchizedek Bible Group? Or something like that. I was recruited about two months ago. I finally attended a Sabbath day last Saturday and I felt this weird vibe. I wasn’t sure why I was watching a Korean Women speak in a video… I didn’t even know who she was. I was never told that they worship a women as God… but now I know and I won’t be attending again. The whole place gave me a weird vibe. Everyone was almost TOO nice… kind of gives me the chills.

Lovesjesus
    Participant

I’m so glad to hear someone researched and found the truth before being sucked in and decieved.

uicstudent
    Participant

So am I. My boyfriend even told me that he didn’t think this church was right at all… I should’ve listened lol. The lady who recruited me has been bombarding my phone with text messages, which makes me sad because she was a friend when I have been so lonely at school but I know that’s why she chose to recruit me, because I was looking for a void to fill and she filled it with their lies. I’ve been researching all the harm they’ve done for the past three days and I feel nothing but sick. She wants to meet today so I am going to let her know I will no longer be attending this BS.

marebear
    Participant

They try to use students who are current members of the church to make a group so it can be considered a legit group on the campus.  In Colorado they have tried but I’m not sure if they succeeded.  They also recruit heavily on campuses.  In my location, I am currently working with one of the Deans to stop this group.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.