Why Is It So Difficult To Talk To WMSCOG Members?

• Creator
    Topic
    Hailey Stevens
    Participant

I don’t know about anyone else, but I have had the toughest time speaking with WMSCOG members. I have found that speaking with WMSCOG members can be very frustrating because they don’t ever seem to commit to an answer. There has been a lot of buzz about them having claimed that the end of the world would be in 2012, but when I ask members, I get “the end is coming soon”. I usually get vague answers like this to simple yes or no questions.

The members I have spoken to also tend to answer my questions with what seem to be pre-programmed non-answers. I bring up a point about how they are taking a Bible verse out of context and I get “only God’s people can hear His voice”. These answers seem to serve their own misconceptions about the WMSCOG being the only “church” that correctly interprets the Bible. You (the outsider) don’t agree, therefore you are not God’s child…so they disregard you as someone who is lacking “spiritual eyes and ears”. This just feeds into their “elitist” mentality. No Christian humility there.

TaintedByUrLies
    Participant

When I was attending in 2010, I was having a conversation with one of the sisters there about taking classes in the evening.  A missionary (who at the time had been a member about 8 years or so) asked me if I was almost done with school (college).  I replied that I had just started.  She asked me about how long did I have left and I said about 3-4 years.  She replied by saying, "Don't bother."  The sister I was talking with gave her a funny look.  I asked the missionary why did she say that and at first she didnt want to answer me, but I kept asking why did she tell me not to bother finishing school.  She then eventually told me not to bother because we were living in the last days and that finishing school wasn't going to be important in the end. 

Worried Mom
    Participant

My daughter is in her 2nd year of college. She was recruited into the WMSCOG about 8 months ago. She invited a friend to come along but her friend only stayed for a couple months then left after hearing the odd teachings of this group. I asked my daughter about the world ending and she said she doesn't believe that, and said that no one in the group has ever said that. But, her friend who left, who I talk to to get information, says they have said that the world is ending. I've said to her many times, "so what happens when the world doesn't end in 2012? What then?" Her reply is always that she doesn't believe that the world is ending. Ever since being recruited, we have tried to show her bible scriptures and to show her how what she is being taught, conflicts with what the bible says. She believes that Ahnsahnhong is the second coming of Christ, which again we have shown her proof that it isn't true. We're not getting through to her. Our family is being torn apart. She chooses to believe what these people tell her, who she's only known for 8 months, over her family. It's heartbreaking…

Emily
    Participant

I remember hearing a member tell me once that the Bible tells us when the world is going to end.  Of course when I asked when that would be, she told me "you need to study more".  I found it very difficult to ever get a straight answer from the wmscog when I was there.  The more questions I asked, the more I "needed to study".  So I would do the studies and anwers to my questions never resulted.  It seemed like they wanted me to focus on their scripted studies and that's it.  No deviation or in depth study outside of the rigid lines that defined their study content.  Today it makes sense to me why it would be that way.  If I read outside of the verses they wanted me to focus on, I would have come to the conclusion that the studies made little sense when taking the context into account, a lot sooner. 

Today I read a list of Bible mistakes that the wmscog makes (here) in their literature and online sermons.  It seems ridiculous to me that they can make these mistakes and still claim that their organization is led by "god herself".  Even the mistakes seem to be aimed at the manipulation of their members.  Why else would one find these mistakes, that seem subtle at first glance, but turn out to be huge errors?  You will have to read them for yourself to see if you agree. 

So in response to "Worried Mom" above, it doesn't surprise me that she is choosing to believe the wmscog over her family.  Every time you point out a contradiction between the wmscog and what the Bible actually teaches, she goes and discusses it with them.  They quickly convince her not to listen to you because Satan is trying to use you to deceive her into not believing "the truth".  I heard that many times when I attended.  There is an article about this topic on this site here.  I imagine that the wmscog enjoys splitting up families in order to gain members, which of course conveniently come along with revenue for the organization.  They probably feel like they have won some kind of battle against the devil.  Honestly, they just make me sick.  I wish I never crossed paths with those people.  They do horrible things to people's lives and then have the nerve to smile about it. 

Worried Mom
    Participant

Yes I've heard quite a few things that they tell their members. I find it very odd that a "church" would have you fill out a checklist upon being recruited. Items like, "must have a job", "must be baptized immediately", "must go out and preach", "must recruit people", "tithing", etc. Also they tell new members that the internet posts a lot of negative and untrue remarks about them and tells their members not to believe anything. I've attended many churches and not once was I given a checklist of things to do, nor did they tell me that they have negative remarks about them all over the internet. I know they keep their members sleep deprived too which in itself is dangerous because of driving while tired and many times my daughter has left late but was expected back early the next morning to either attend services or go on their trips to New York. I'm just so frustrated that they can have such mind control over these young people and get away with it. I met with the missionary twice and he is quite the salesman. They come across so happy and nice and polite but I saw right through him. And he knew it because he didn't try to convince me of anything. I can see how these young people get caught up in this. I'm sure they think "these people are so nice and happy all the time, how could this be wrong?" If they only knew. I asked my daughter why there are no adults at this "church" and of course she had no answer. The reason is because adults cannot be easily swayed and they know it. They prey on young, vulnerable, naive people. I have pointed out so many wrongs about this "church" to my daughter, trying to plant seeds of doubt, but if it's as you say that she goes back and tells them everything I say, I'm just fighting a losing battle. Now I don't really say too much because probably in my daughter's mind I'm doing exactly what the "church" said I would do, and that is badmouth them. But honestly it does hurt that she is pulling away from her family. Nineteen years of taking care of her and always being there and supporting her, and she is now controlled by people she's only known for several months. It's sickening. I have been so depressed, stressed, upset. I just want my daughter back.

Emily, did I read it correctly that you were a member? If you wouldn't mind telling me, how did you break free from the WMSCOG?

KF
    Participant

Ever since the New Year my friend has been avoiding me, I haven't heared from him in 22 days, I guess he doesn't want me questioning him.  I don't know what else to do for him, does he realize what's going on, does he feel like the guy from sciencetology, or was he encouraged to avoid me.

It makes me really sad, that we won't and can't be friends, NOT because of GOD but because of RELIGION.  Religion is like Politics! that's all I have to say.

Happy New Year John & God Bless You, I really miss you 🙁

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

My brother also doesn't speak to me anymore about his religion. He was always preaching to me when we were together but now he doesn't answer any questions related to wmscog and just keeps changing the subject whenever it comes up. He has this "holier-than-thou" attitude and somehow expects that I wouldn't understand anymore even if I try to.

Does this mean, in his mind, he has already accepted that I won't be going to Heaven along with wmscog's precious members? Wow, that's some love for a sister that has been your only friend in the family. If this is what wmscog teaches their members, then I'll gladly stick with MY "false" God since their "true" God is such an A-hole. 

Abhigail Delema
    Participant

Elevalkyrie  i just happened to meet two of their members the deccan from raipur and another brother, the reson  i mention decan from raipur is because it is true if not they say we put lies on the examinning it is like a proof for them, the point here is i asked what about theyear 2012 he tell me something new now that we calulate the year from one passover to the other so he says the year is not yet over still 2 months are left. so next question was why dont you come, i gave him all the reason possible so much that the brother with him was confused, i asked him a very simple question why is the church not registered in india they have been here for more then 10 years ,but instead in another name elohim bible group he was dumb and said i dont know.

MountainMom
    Participant

Elie, you make me laugh!  I'm glad you are on here.

MountainMom
    Participant

Sometimes I need somethiing to laugh about as dealing with this so called "church" really depresses me.  You do a great job with your posts so keep up the good work!

Simon
    Participant

Well Biblically it is correct to count years from the MONTH of Passover to the next MONTH of Passover, but the fact is it still won't end so he will need to back paddle again…

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

Elie, you make me laugh!  I'm glad you are on here.

LOL. You're welcome MountainMom. Glad to be of some help, no matter how small, to my brethrens in this forum.

MountainMom wrote:

Sometimes I need somethiing to laugh about as dealing with this so called "church" really depresses me.  You do a great job with your posts so keep up the good work!

Just hang on there, MountainMom. God will help us through all of this. ^_^

Abhigail Delema wrote:

Elevalkyrie  i just happened to meet two of their members the deccan from raipur and another brother, the reson  i mention decan from raipur is because it is true if not they say we put lies on the examinning it is like a proof for them, the point here is i asked what about theyear 2012 he tell me something new now that we calulate the year from one passover to the other so he says the year is not yet over still 2 months are left. so next question was why dont you come, i gave him all the reason possible so much that the brother with him was confused, i asked him a very simple question why is the church not registered in india they have been here for more then 10 years ,but instead in another name elohim bible group he was dumb and said i dont know.

Abhigail, I really hope you can find a way to record (maybe a hidden video rec? lol) their statements so that if ever they deny saying it, you have proof. 

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.