What we do for love one step at a time.

• Creator
    Topic
    Simon
    Participant

It is a very strange analogy but I was watching Little Shop of Horrors (1980s musical movie) I don't know who here has seen it, (it's also a play and a sixties movie about the same basic story)

Basically the main charecter is gradually led into being a quasi-serialkiller by small innocent steps gradually getting worse and worse. It started out seeming innocent to him and when he realizes where he has gone off too it is nearly too late to turn back (or is too late depending on which ending) and he feels awful, if he had seen where he was headed from the begining he would NEVER have started down the path.

So why did I bring this up, WMSCOG is like the evil plant, they lead people into listening to them, they start with simple ideas, keep Sabbath be baptized keep Passover. Those really do not sound so bad now do they? Then we have third day, tithes, offering. Eventually they are taking all of our money and turning us into pretty much spiritual serial killers not only unquestioning our leading others down this same dangerous path to hell, we are glad doing it thinking we are serving God but all we are doing is feeding a blood thirsty monster.

I truly believe people need to be shown the end result before they take too many steps it probably would have stopped me. The first innocent step is what caught seymour in the movie, it is what caught me and what catches all those WMSCOG ensnares. How can we show the end result before it is too late?

genny
    Participant

I've seen that movie.  Good analogy there, shimon.  Thanks for sharing it!

I noticed the same thing with my sister.  At the beginning she said she wouldn't considering keeping the Passover as "working" for salvation because it's is just one day a year, and one day isn't hard.

But then it's one more thing after another that's required…

Emily
    Participant

Wow Shimon that's really insightful of you!!!  I have to watch that movie now!  Did you ever get to see "Ticket to Heaven"?  I saw the same analogy when I saw that movie.  

I think that's why the wms does so much damage control regarding the negative info about them.  Do you think that you would have joined or stayed a member as long as you did if you had seen this website in the beginning?  Probably not.  I know I wouldn't have.

Joshua
    Participant

Shimon, I’m so proud of how far you’ve come. This post here, all I can say is WOW! Nicely done brother. Your testimony is one of those that is going to help a lot of people. Keep it up.

Simon
    Participant

Emily wrote:

Wow Shimon that's really insightful of you!!!  I have to watch that movie now!  Did you ever get to see "Ticket to Heaven"?  I saw the same analogy when I saw that movie.  

I think that's why the wms does so much damage control regarding the negative info about them.  Do you think that you would have joined or stayed a member as long as you did if you had seen this website in the beginning?  Probably not.  I know I wouldn't have.

Every time I tried to watch it youtube crashed and unfortunately all the DVD rentals are RedBox and Blockbuster kiosks and those only have new things :

Emily
    Participant

shimon wrote:

Emily wrote:

Every time I tried to watch it youtube crashed and unfortunately all the DVD rentals are RedBox and Blockbuster kiosks and those only have new things :

Darn!!!  I found it on amazon but it seems that the price has gone up ๐Ÿ™

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000MTEFTQ/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Simon
    Participant

Emily wrote:

shimon wrote:

Emily wrote:

Darn!!!  I found it on amazon but it seems that the price has gone up ๐Ÿ™

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000MTEFTQ/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Finally got youtube to work, not sure it really spoke to me the same way as you, maybe I need time for it to absorb though.

Joshua
    Participant

Check this out.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.