What is the proper way and time to pray to God

• Creator
    Topic
    KF
    Participant

Serious question here, no jokers, I want to know what is the proper way & time to pray to God.

The bible tells us that Jesus got up very early in the morning while it was still dark, to pray.  I think it says that he prayed faced down on the floor.

So why do Catholics kneel, Muslims go all the way down on the floor, and christians (wms?) stand up to pray.  Does it not show God more respect when we kneel before him to pray? or would that be consider Idolatry, even if there is no image or statue in front of you.

If we pray standing up is it not like us standing up to God, instead of humbling ourselves before him?

How do we know exactly what time is prayer time, like the WMS, has 3 prayers on Sabbath, the Middle East hear sort of  a  trumpet sound and all the men get down on the floor and pray, and Catholics have bells ringing on sunday morning mass.

Is there a proper way to do it,  or can we do however we want, as long as we do it.

Simon
    Participant

Standing is humbling yourself in a way kneeling in another

In jewish liturgy you stand during the most important prayers out of respect it’s also considered improper to enter the sanctuary while people are standing because how sacred that moment is.

I believe there are appointed times but they are the minimum

KF
    Participant

Look what I found, wow thank you Heavenly Father!

Matthew 6:5-13

New International Version (NIV)

Prayer

And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you

And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,

hallowed be your name,

your kingdom come,

your will be done,

on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us today our daily bread.

And forgive us our debts,

as we also have forgiven our debtors.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.

Simon
    Participant

The verse is more about motive than body position imo

KF
    Participant

read it again!

KF
    Participant

why would Jesus tells us to go into our room, and close the door, obviously he does not want us to stand.

IMHO

Simon
    Participant

But jesus talks about motive along with position

Simon
    Participant

also if we can only pray in private locations how do we pray without ceasing 1 Thess 5:17 or pray over our food 1 Timothy 4:4-5

KF
    Participant

I see, but do you also see how it can be used that way, depending on the persons mentality.

Anyhow, Simon I have a personal question for you off topic.  How do you feel as an ex-member knowing that tommorow is the passover and your not going to partake.

I just want to know how another member who has not been there lately feels about it.  I know my friend will not miss it, but when you left did you have that on your mind,  were you even concern about it, without putting the WMS in this, what is your thought on the passover when you read Luke 22.

I'm sorry I guess I'm trying to get into the mind of a x/member and trying to comprehend what goes through your mind, while your in there, how you feel when you leave, and how you recoup afterwards.

same question for Renita and anyother X/member that would like to answer the question, thank you!

Simon
    Participant

I am so iffy on dating right nowI don't really know.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

KF wrote:

why would Jesus tells us to go into our room, and close the door, obviously he does not want us to stand.

IMHO

I think for our privacy.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I didn't know tomorrow was PO. News to me. Obviously I don't care. lol.

KF
    Participant

Simon wrote:

What! Simon what's dating got to do with the questions I asked you.  Lol if you answer me maybe I'll take you out on a date, LOL!

yes Renita P.O. March 25 even the Jewish people

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I'm dating! =)

Simon
    Participant

KF wrote:

Simon wrote:

What! Simon what's dating got to do with the questions I asked you.  Lol if you answer me maybe I'll take you out on a date, LOL!

yes Renita P.O. March 25 even the Jewish people

calendar dating not romantic dating LOL

x wms brother
    Participant

"I'm sorry I guess I'm trying to get into the mind of a x/member and trying to comprehend what goes through your mind, while your in there, how you feel when you leave, and how you recoup afterwards.

same question for Renita and anyother X/member that would like to answer the question, thank you!"

I'm still keeping the Passover.  The church I go to observes the PO as well as all the other feasts.  We don't have third day or pray to F/M though or believe that Ahn and Zang are the representation of God.  Just because I am no longer in that church doesn't mean that I can't partake in the PO. Another difference would be that at my church we still accept the body and blood of Jesus Christ not Ahn and Zang. When I first started attending the WMS I was told that I was taking Jesus body and blood, come to find out that wasn't the case. I hope that you don't really believe that no other church (non-jewish) celebrates those feasts. 

KF
    Participant

HI, x wms brother, thanks for your reply, listen if you don't mind can you tell me the name of the church you are going to now that keeps the PO and all of God's feast.

My friends says that no other church celebrates all  of God's feast like the WMS.  I'm so happy for you that you found a place that does.

I bet you when I tell him (if you give me the name of the church…I need evidents..lol) he will say it's not the same, yes of course because of F&M and if they keep full sabbath, the viel, etc.

thank you so much, you give me hope to be able to show/tell him this 🙂 AMEN!

if you would rather not post it here, then PM it to me please!

Love'n Honey
    Participant

They don't KF. Because no other church prays in the name ASH. They don't have the "true" God. That's what they say.

Disturbed
    Participant

This is the 1st PO I am missing. I feel sad to be away from my brothers & sisters that I left behind but I refuse to go against the bible by eating food sacrificed to an idol (mother). I will be praying in Jesus’ name asking Him for forgiveness and protection.

KF
    Participant

how many PO did you get to keep?

Sorry your feeling so down.

Liberty
    Participant

Disturbed,

That was very heartfelt and God hears you right now. While I am no expert or anything, I am sure that you have his protection right now. I hope this message will find you in better spirits!

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.