What Do They Do With The Polaroid That They Take Once You Get Baptized?

• Creator
    Topic
    Hailey Stevens
    Participant

Does anyone know what the WMSCOG does with the polaroid picture that they take of people once they are baptized? They claim to have over 1 million members so that means over 1 million polaroids. Do they throw them out once a member decides not to return?

genny
    Participant

They take a polaroid when you get baptized? And you don’t get to keep it yourself? That’s weird.

On the subject of baptism, how wet does someone get when they are baptized with the wmscog? When I visited, I heard a commotion out in the hall and was told that it was someone getting baptized…in the hall.

I said, doesn’t the Bible show “full immersion” baptism? Aren’t you supposed to follow the Bible exactly? How can you be fully immersed in water in the hallway?

They said, Well they are getting wet…

So how wet exactly, I’m wondering…

Hailey Stevens
    Participant

No full immersion baptism at the location I visited. Just someone pouring water over your head while you kneel in a shower.

Jesus of Nazareth
    Participant

Remember this oldie but goodie Hailey ? Now you know.  The question has been answered.  This thread has been out of action for over a year.   Yu so mazing.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Noŵ we see.what a joke? God knows all things. If he has to post pictures of former members so they are not preached to, as the claim is, then he must be one unforgiving god. Can’t you guys see this isn’t transparent??? A God who sues and stops preaching to those who don’t believe in him/her. So clear, mates.

Elaine
    Participant

God needs polaroid pictures LOL

Isaiah 49:16 (KJV) Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands;

Though she may forget, I will not forget you!"

Yes you don't get to keep the picture because when any member leaves it is easy for God to circle and put them on display

Sarah2013
    Participant

Lol! Yea. Because God is not all knowing. How funny.

Simon
    Participant

the pictures are for the members not mother.

Sarah2013
    Participant

So…. How come we don’t get a copy.

Simon
    Participant

that’s not it’s purpose either but you could if you asked I did

Sarah2013
    Participant

If you are still a member, Simon, can you find out why they don’t automatically give you a copy.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

They didn't take a polaroid of me. They took a digital picture and added it to one of those electronic picture frames that show all the pictures on a memory card. Every picture I've seen with me in it has been put on display in the Zion.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Wow! I stayed away from pictures.

Simon
    Participant

I left ages back.

MountainMom
    Participant

They took my picture and baptized me even though I didn't know what was going on.  Thought it was a born again thing.  Couldn't understand the Korean pastor in the sermon or during the baptism.  didn't know why they showed me a movie of a korean woman, either.  I just went out of respect and trust in my relative.  He didn't tell me what it was all about.  I didn't actually know untill about 7 months later what that was all about.  But when I told my relative that they baptized me without my knowledge of what/whose name it was in, etc., he tried to tell me I knew.  Really, how? 

Sarah2013
    Participant

I tried to understand the sermon at the beginning. Being foreign, I had an ear for accent so it wasn’t so bad. Here is what got me, all was well until the pastor ended his sermon, saying …Second coming Christ!, Ahang…! sang..! Hon…. ! My eyebrows went up and my recruit looked at me and smiled. Later, she told me she knew I would react to that. I started to think perhaps it was a Korean way of saying Jesus. It’s all comical now, when I look back at it.

Simon
    Participant

Am I the only person who was required to know the "new name" before baptism?

Sarah2013
    Participant

Simon, I attended service prior to being baptised.

Simon
    Participant

oh, ok. I totally misread you dunno where I got baptism out of that after rereading lol

MountainMom
    Participant

Got baptized the first time ever there.  It does seem kind of comical now.  I also didn't know at all that they were talking about a Korean Man as second coming Christ.  Had no idea that was what it was about.  Some people feel really bad about that afterwards, like they were really spiritually violated.  I guess I haven't felt bad about it because I feel that God knows where my loyalty lies, and I have never worshipped Ahnsahnghong or the mother, no matter what I was deceived into doing.  That is why I don't fear going into their churches at all. 

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Am I the only person who was required to know the "new name" before baptism?

I was required to know ASH and Mother. But I know some people who didn't know one or the other and were still baptized.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.