Weddings in the WMSCOG

• Creator
    Topic
    genny
    Participant

I was wondering if anyone hear knows anything about wedding ceremonies at the wmscog.  What does the ceremony look like?  Do they use the traditional language, or have special parts of the ceremony like the unity candle or signing a ketubah or rope braiding?  Or do they not have weddings at the church and just go down to the justice of the peace?

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Re emily it would depend who left who (not to be confused with who filed or who left wmscog)

Emily has already answered you but this is likely going to go on one question and answer at a time ad infinitum. It may perhaps be better if you just read this How The WMSCOG Turned My Life Upside Down Part 1 – How I Got Involved – A Former Member’s Story

Read all 5 parts. It is a story very much like the one Emily is describing.

Sarah2013
    Participant

@Stained: no offense please, but how do you pray for the dead? This is not a Catholic question but based on what you said about they say to pray for them, assuming you mean the dead. What will that do for the dead? How does praying for the dead help the dead in anyway. People say that all the time and I don’t get it.

Smurf
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

How does praying for the dead help the dead in anyway. People say that all the time and I don't get it.

They kow it doesn't, they're just being polite. Two-faced, self-righteous snobs…

Bless 'em 🙂

Sarah2013
    Participant

Im trying to understand

emil
    Participant

@Sarah2013
    – Smurf is on the right track. Most people here in the orient are expected to attend funerals of friends or relatives. A person who has grown up in this environment knows what is socially expected of him. What wmscog says is basically needed to help the member justify to himself his absence at the friend/relative's funeral where he would have felt duty bound to go.

It has nothing to do with what they do or do not believe happens to the soul after death.

MountainMom
    Participant

My son has already justified tome why he can't go to his grandma's funeral when he passes.  Can't go into another church for any reason whatsoever.  He hasn't had the courage to tell grandma though.  Personally, I bet he goes anyway.  He loves his grandma. 

Smurf
    Participant

I don't think waiting for the grandma to die will solve anything.

Do an intervention. With the grandma. Tell her his itentions in front of him. And watch granny go ballistic 🙂

When you're stuck chosing between Sheol (h-e-l-l gets censored, admin wth???) and a rolling pin you always make the same choice. Always.

Harry
    Participant

Smurf wrote:

I don't think waiting for the grandma to die will solve anything.

Do an intervention. With the grandma. Tell her his itentions in front of him. And watch granny go ballistic 🙂

When you're stuck chosing between Sheol (h-e-l-l gets censored, admin wth???) and a rolling pin you always make the same choice. Always.

That's right smurf….Do it MM, it's a good plan

emil
    Participant

Yeah MM. That might work. But you know grandma and your son far better than we do.

Sarah2013
    Participant

I see, Emil.

MountainMom
    Participant

I am all for this plan with the exception of Grandma having a heart problem and being 86 years old.  I don't know if my family would appreciate me sending her off to the promised land early. 

I wanted to do an intervention, but after we looked into it, my husband said (and I agreed) that it wouldn't work with my son.  We feel he would walk out.  He is also in so deep that he is being directly mentored by the pastor and one of the high ranking Koreans personally.  It is because he gives more money than practically anyone in the wms in his area.  They really have him in a vice grip. 

Viewing 11 replies - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.