Weddings in the WMSCOG

• Creator
    Topic
    genny
    Participant

I was wondering if anyone hear knows anything about wedding ceremonies at the wmscog.  What does the ceremony look like?  Do they use the traditional language, or have special parts of the ceremony like the unity candle or signing a ketubah or rope braiding?  Or do they not have weddings at the church and just go down to the justice of the peace?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I told 1 of the brothers that I had a misunderstanding about the parable of the wedding banquet. I told him that in the parable the wedding banquet represents the kingdom of heaven. he agreed with me by saying yes. then I said that the groom in the parable of the wedding banquet represents jesus. he agreed again by saying yes. then I said the guests in the parable of the wedding banquet represent us the people the Saints. he agreed again by saying yes. then I said the bride in the parable of the wedding banquet represents got the mother. he agreed yet again by saying yes. then I explained to him how I was confused about when the guess will appear at the wedding banquet. I told him that the groom waits for the bride. but also that the guests are waiting for the bride as well because the bride appears last. He agree to everything now. then I said if the wedding banquet represents heaven and the bride is godmother who appears last that means that she will enter the kingdom of heaven laSt. he is still agree. then I said if this is true then we the people the Saints the guest at the wedding banquet should already be in heaven waiting for God the mother. this is where he said no. he said that the people who go out to retrieve the guests are the messengers but they will not be part of the wedding banquet. but I said that the messengers represents the disciples he said yes. then I told him that he just explain to me that the disciples in our time who send a message to the people are not going to participate in the kingdom of heaven. he told me that that wasn’t what he said. I said you told me that the messengers in the parable are the disciples in the fullfilment. he said yes. I said you told me that the messengers in the parable will not participate in the wedding banquet. he said yes. then I said according to the fulfillment the messengers represent the disciples then you’re telling me that the disciples will not participate in the wedding banquet. in other words the disciples will not participate in the kingdom of heaven because the wedding banquet represents the kingdom of heaven. he said that’s not what he said. he said that the disciples today will enter the kingdom of heaven. then I said if that’s true then the disciples today do not represent the messengers in the parable of the wedding banquet. it doesn’t make sense that the disciple today will enter the kingdom of heaven even though the disciples today represent the messengers in the parable will not enter the kingdom of heaven. I said that is a contradiction. this is when he began to stumble over his words and begin to think very hard on what he was saying and how he was answering my questions. I told him that either you didn’t tell me the truth or that Bible study is twisted and doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

this is when the second brother came to participate in our conversation. he kept pointing out that the verse in the Bible concerning the parable does not say the kingdom of heaven is like a wedding banquet. he said I was adding to the scripture and that it actually says the kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding for his son. then I asked him that isn’t this wedding for his son a wedding banquet. he said yes it is the wedding banquet but the scripture does not say the kingdom of heaven is like a wedding banquet. he said we can’t add to the scripture for that is against the law. then I told him that in a wedding there is a bride, groom and guests. this second brother agreed with me. then I said in this parable there is no bride is described. only the bride groom and the guests and the messengers. so we can say that the bridegroom is waiting for the bride at this wedding banquet. he agreed. I also said that the guest are waiting for the bride as well. he agree. so that means that the guest and the bridegroom are at the wedding banquet waiting for the bride. In fulfillment, Jesus and the Saints are in heaven waiting for God the mother. this is where he changes the complete subject of our conversation. he says that the purpose of that parable is to reveal that God the Father will reveal God the mother in the last days. I told him that I wasn’t speaking about the bride that I was speaking about the guests. if the wedding banquet represent heaven and the guests are waiting for the bride at the wedding banquet then we are supposed to be in heaven waiting for God the mother. he goes on to say that my question is invalid. he says that the point of that bible study does not focus on the guests but on the bride.

then I said there is no bride in that parable. just like you told me the verse does not say the kingdom of heaven is like a wedding banquet, that parable does not speak of a bride what so ever. just like I supposedly added to scripture the kingdom of heaven is like a wedding banquet you added the bride to the parable. he said there must be a bride if the king prepared a wedding for his son. but you still added a bride to the verses you have to go somewhere else in the Bible for a verse concerning a bride to satisfy your point. he kept speaking over me in without letting me finish any of my sentences. I told him that the way he was speaking to me is not how the Church of God teaches you to treat someone who has questions. I let you finish your statement now will you let me finish mine. if the wedding banquet is like the kingdom of heaven then it doesn’t make sense that the guests represent the people at the same time. or if the guests represent the people then the wedding banquet cannot represent heaven.

during our conversation with the first brother he told me that the guest at the wedding banquet in the parable represent the angels in heaven. I told the second brother that if the guests represent angels in heaven then it all makes sense. but you’re telling me that the guests don’t represent the angels in heaven. you’re saying that the guests represent the people the Saints here on earth. there’s obviously a misunderstanding with what this parable means between the 3 of us.

the conversation shifted to other things that I had questions about in the Church of God. I mention how in the green book ash says that the second coming of Christ will come. but later in the green book ash says the second coming of Christ has come after he died. even though it is a change in 1 word from Will to has, it changes the complete meaning of the sentence. I said if what ash originally wrote was perfect then it never needed to be changed. but it was still changed. then I told him how ash lied about the existence of God the mother. 1 thing I know for sure is that God never lies. when you hate your brother or lie to your brothers you commit spiritual murder. this is what Jesus said. when I said that he had nothing to say he just stared at me as if he was sad. I also explain to him how I saw the difference in teaching about how many gods really existed. he said he has gone to different zions and has never had the problems of inconsistency. he asked me if I would ever go back to Zion. I thought about it and said if I have to think about it then the answer is more than likely no. but there are some things that I believe for sure. he told me that I have the fundamental truth about the Sabbath and the Passover. he said that’s all I need to know to see that I belong to the true church. I told him that a church could have every truth in the Bible but if it has 1 lie, it cannot be the true church of god. just because it has sabbath and passover that doesn’t make it the true church of God. hypothetically speaking if there is another church that has sabbath and Passover but does not believe in God the mother they cannot be the true church of god. or if another church has god the father and god the mother but does not have sabbath and Passover they cannot be the true Church of God. I’m saying all this as if I was a member and I believe that sabbath and Passover is all I need to find the to church god. I told him that if there is 1 lie in the church that it cannot be the true Church of God. he agreed with me. he said that I should go to zion and ask missionary all the questions that I have that they can be answer. I told him that I cannot go to Zion because I’m in enCouraged not to ask these questions. Or if I ask these questions I get a roundabout answer.

I told him my question about how many gods are there 1 or 2. I told him that when I asked the overseer in Seattle zion this question he answered it with the parable. I told him that I was not given the gift to interpret parables. I told him that answering my question with a parable was very frustrating. the answer to that question it’s either 1 or 2 not an egg. I said it seems like everytime I have a question it’s never answered in a straight way. then he went on to explain how he and his wife are considered 1 in the eyes of the government. but I told him that even though you are looked at as 1 you are obviously 2 separate people. I told him that if he got shot in the face his wife’s face would not be all jacked up. I said this is because you are not 1 but you are 2 separate people who share authority. if you had children you both would have the same authority over the children but you both are 2 separate people. he agreed with me. I always thought that God the Father and God the mother were 2 separate beings separated by space with the same authority over all the earth and all the universe. he agreed. but I was confused when I was given the parable about the egg. I told him that when you have a hard boiled egg and you take away the shell you only have 1 egg. but you can separate the yolk from the white but that doesn’t mean you have 2 eggs. it just means you have 2 parts of 1 egg. it is the equivalent to cutting a person in half. you have the left side and the right side but you don’t have two people. he agreed. so when the missionary gave me this parable about the egg I came to the conclusion that there is 1 God who plays 2 roles as a father and a mother but after speaking with you you have told me that there are 2 gods God the Father and God the mother. the parable of the hard boiled eggs does not support the idea that there are 2 gods. saying that there is God the Father who is separated by space from God the mother is saying that you have two hard boiled eggs. not 1 egg separated by yolk and white. he said it seems like I already understand about God the Father and God the mother. that he didn’t understand why I had a question about it. I said I didn’t have a question until I went to Seattle zion. there are brothers and sisters who say that there is 1 God when n actuality they are two. someone is wrong. if someone is wrong then it is not God teaching. he said perhaps that brother or sister just had a misunderstanding. I said it wasn’t a brother or sister who gave me the parable about the egg it was the overseer the missionary. the overseer of a church should not have a misunderstanding of how many God there are. at this point we were call to go back to class.

He had said so many things that contradicted himself that it was very frustrating. saying that I was adding to the scripture when I said the kingdom of heaven is like a wedding banquet. but it was okay for him to add a bride to that parable even though a bride was never mentioned. He also told me that 1 part of that parable is about 1 prophecy and another part of that parable is about another prophecy. I said you can’t break a prophecy in half and say that this part has nothing to do with that part. when Jesus told that parable he did not separate 1 part from the other. the part that you are speaking about has everything to do with the part that I am speaking about. He also contradicted himself when he was telling me that he and his wife are 1 in the eyes of the government. because I did explain to him that just because you are perceived as 1 person on paper in reality you are not 1 person. he was getting very defensive. I think it’s because he understood the question that I had. and I think he also understand that there is no adequate answer for the question that I had. if the wedding banquet represent the kingdom of heaven and the guests represent the saints and the bride represents God the mother who is to appear last in the wedding banquet then that means God the Father who is the groom in heaven and the guests who are the saints are in heaven waiting for the bride god the mother to appear in heaven. but that is not what the church teaches. I believe that once he understood this point that is when he try to redirect the conversation to something else. I’m pretty sure that is what happened because that is what I was taught to do.

I apologize for this lengthy response but we had a lengthy conversation. the first brother has been a member for 5 years. this is the second time he has told me something that is obviously wrong. wrong in the sense that is not what the Church of God teaches. he said something about idolatry that didn’t make any sense and he also said something about the wedding banquet that didn’t make any sense according to the World Mission Society Church of God.

genny
    Participant

Renita, I read every word.  Thanks so much for sharing your conversation.  You've give us a lot of insight about the thought processes going on in the members.  And I think it is just the right thing to do with the approach of "if what you say is true, what about ___?"  to show where the inconsistencies are.  It will get them thinking, and even if they don't say right away that they are wrong, they will still think about it and maybe later it will be a part of the puzzle that helps them see the truth.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

It’s crazy because that’s how i was taught to get other people to question their beliefs. When it’s turned back on them, they change the subject.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

It’s crazy because that’s how i was taught to get other people to question their beliefs. When it’s turned back on them, they change the subject.

Emily
    Participant

What about divorce and remarriage in the wms?  I know someone who divorced his wife and then remarried within the wms.  Doesn't that violate Mark 10:11?  (The divorce was not due to sexual immorality but because his first wife left the wms.)  Since the wms claims to "only follow the Bible", how do they explain that one?  

Disturbed
    Participant

@Emily…it must be ok Zhang did it. Isn’t she setting a godly example? She was divorced and “spiritually” married a married man. I’m going to go with bad example :-/

Emily
    Participant

True.  Just add that to the reasons why they are very far from the "true church".

Joshua
    Participant

Not only that but she starts out shacking up with father and then becomes the bride of the son! Busy girl but I wouldn't count her as moral or Godly!

Love
    Participant

Yes I have attend more than a dozen of marriage in side the church. 1) church never spend any money on the wedding. 2) in the marriage church pastor is not authorized legal by the government because they don’t provide marriage certificate.3) in marriage bride & groom walk together from back to stage, cut cake, wore rings, clap, take group photographs then with in 30 minutes the wedding is complete. 3) if the bride & groom are wealthy then they arrange small party just for leaders always. 4) marriage are made very secret that none of the believer knows accept leaders. 5) the most important thing is then pastor says both bride & groom are requested to go to government office for marriage registration certificate. I my self is prove because I went for help some time.6) many problem accord in Zion marriage due to inter-cast marriage & many divorce. 7) marriage for leaders are tuff they don’t know each other, church says this is the command of mother. Mother have paired you for gospel work so you have to marry each other. Some are success and some have divorce I my self is proof because I have seen very closely. 8) 100./. Guarantee married person inside the church will never have baby( kids) because they would be told that you are paired for gospel work not for having baby. 9) marriage are just like a contract 10) every one who gets married seems very happy but from inside they all are sad I can prove all member by lie dectation device. I am also ready to test on device if I am wrong in writing this information. 11) yes many wedding party are made out side far from the church because I have attended there this is to show for those married couples parents who does’t believe in church gospel. 12) in the marriage photo are taken by church leaders only not by other video are not take because the marriage are secret. Just few video if it’s higher rank member marriage in condition apply. Well there are many thing to say and write but next time if any things happens.

Simon
    Participant

Re emily it would depend who left who (not to be confused with who filed or who left wmscog)

Simon
    Participant

And again we can’t conflate our doctrines with theirs to refute them

Emily
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Re emily it would depend who left who (not to be confused with who filed or who left wmscog)

Husband left wife because she left the wms.  He filed for divorce.  What do you think?

Stained
    Participant

Joshua wrote:

Not only that but she starts out shacking up with father and then becomes the bride of the son! Busy girl but I wouldn't count her as moral or Godly!

That's fuckin' sick. [LMAO] Friendly man hug Josh.

Simon
    Participant

Did the wife stay in the house and try to remain his wife before he divorced her?

Stained
    Participant

Emily wrote:

What about divorce and remarriage in the wms?  I know someone who divorced his wife and then remarried within the wms.  Doesn't that violate Mark 10:11?  (The divorce was not due to sexual immorality but because his first wife left the wms.)  Since the wms claims to "only follow the Bible", how do they explain that one?  

They use the ol' "Let the dead bury their dead" example.  Then to ease people into that one, they use the ol "just pray for them" routine.  Then they use the ol' Jesus said "I have not come to bring peace but to break a mother from daughter, son from father, blah blah blah" you know the one I'm talking about.  Then to top it all off, when there's nothing left for them to say, they would say that the marriage or divorce has nothing to do with them, that it was the individuals  decision, though as Ron would tell you, we all know better.  The bible could say in John 13:17 "A guy named Ahnsahnghong will show up in 1918 and he is a bunch of Bullshit, don't listen to anything he says" and they would turn to you and say "of course the Bible said that, it clearly means that Ahnsahnghong is the true savior, you need to study more".     

emil
    Participant

@Stained
    – here's a LIKE for you. This forum does not have the facility for clicking "Like".

God my love
    Participant

I also know some person who was good friend of mine while I was member I know them who have married twice. again trying to marry. the reason is his wife's left him so is trying to marry for third time. In zion many are seprate some husband leave wife, some time wife leave husband due to many reasons.

Disturbed
    Participant

Chang and her real husband divorced. She has shown us an awesome example. If your spouse isnt with the WMSCOG program just get a divorce.

Emily
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Did the wife stay in the house and try to remain his wife before he divorced her?

The wife never left.  The husband was the one that left.

Stained
    Participant

emil wrote:

@Stained
    – here's a LIKE for you. This forum does not have the facility for clicking "Like".

Well Bless you Emil. I, Stained, have spoken.

Viewing 20 replies - 61 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.