Website

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Does anyone have information on this website?  https://www.cultresearchcenter.com:446/?r=home&mod=aboutus 

It seems to me like WMSCOG set it up as a smokescreen as the person resonsposible for personal information is "Daniel Park".  Isn't he a pastor?  Thoughts?  Knowledge?

Ms Freedom
    Participant

Upset Mom wrote:

Does anyone have information on this website?  https://www.cultresearchcenter.com:446/?r=home&mod=aboutus 

It seems to me like WMSCOG set it up as a smokescreen as the person resonsposible for personal information is "Daniel Park".  Isn't he a pastor?  Thoughts?  Knowledge?

This is the first time I have seen this. It's a big joke! No one is engaging them in conversation; its just the members regurgitating all the memorized sermons. Yeah yeah! Heard it all before! And the title is funny "Cult Research Center!" I would like to see them investigate another cult besides their own!

emil
    Participant

I have seen this before. It is their own website used to defend themselves. They hope to come up in Google search results so that anyone researching cults will land up on their site and get their version.

Unfortunately for them, any unbiased reader will realize how one-sided it is.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Seems too easy. I'm going to go check it out.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Whiskey tango foxtrot!! That's NOT a research center. Sneaky esohbees.

Azula
    Participant

emil wrote:

I have seen this before. It is their own website used to defend themselves. They hope to come up in Google search results so that anyone researching cults will land up on their site and get their version.

Unfortunately for them, any unbiased reader will realize how one-sided it is.

But mine is why use these underhanded tactics of trying to create a biased website? Not unless you knew that you were telling people lies. If this truth is so perfect why are you lying people?

Simon
    Participant

So very obvious its like they didn’t even try to hide they were full of shit . .

Yes “Daniel” is Denver pastor

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Simon wrote:

So very obvious its like they didn't even try to hide they were full of shit . .

Yes "Daniel" is Denver pastor

Exactly! Have they run out of ideas? Getting sloppy I see..

emil
    Participant

As I said, it would not work for an unbiased visitor to their site. But it will work very well with the sheeple who hear from outsiders that they are in a cult and then try to search the Internet.

It is "truly amazing" how they will not accept any internet sourced evidence against their beliefs but have no problem quoting from "Internet Joe news" and the like to buttress their views.

Simon
    Participant

They have fairly effective less expensive means than creating dozens of websites but I guess they need to spend the money somewhere

Questioninginla
    Participant

emil wrote:

It is "truly amazing" how they will not accept any internet sourced evidence against their beliefs but have no problem quoting from "Internet Joe news" and the like to buttress their views.

Psychology 101:  confirmation bias eases the cognitive dissonance

it works all day long.  every day.  24/7.  religion, politics, pick a topic, any topic.  humans equate "research" with "finding what I want to find", then they proclaim all day long that they have come to their own conclusions.  and they will defend them vehemently.

Smurf
    Participant

Questioninginla wrote:

it works all day long.  every day.  24/7.  religion, politics, pick a topic, any topic.  humans equate "research" with "finding what I want to find", then they proclaim all day long that they have come to their own conclusions.  and they will defend them vehemently.

It could not have been said better!

Questioninginla
    Participant

fried rice wrote:

Questioninginla wrote:

It could not have been said better! 

That depends upon perspective.  Here's an alternative perspective:

anonymous writer wrote:

Questioninginla wrote:

That is man made findings.  Read the Bible.

In other words, disregard and focus on what is pointed to you in the direction of.  refer to my primer on training the brain to act as a computer program. (disregard outside information that is not sanctioned) = monopoly on the brain.  fear works.  thats a starter reinforcement mechanism.  oh, disguise it as protection – that's a real gem of an idea.

dezCPhD
    Participant

I can't tell you how much my head hurts trying to figure out how "That is man made findings. Read the Bible. " suffices as an argument against a solid phenomenon like confirmation bias. MY HEAD HURTS. I squinted at it even – hoping to catch something I didn't see at first!

Questioninginla states a scientifically proven fact and then anonymous writer wastes fingerpower (made it up lol) to essentially say:

(like a baby on the losing end of a tantrum) What's that word? I don't need that word! What are you saying? (call to the Overseer for help) OK, I'm back. My leader said we don't need to worry about man-made findings. If it's not in the Bible, I don't care about it! Yes, that includes that stuff you people read in text books! Read my lips…I DON'T CARE! Humph, who needs man-made findings when we have the Bible? As a matter of  fact, the Bible can tell me how to start my car – don't need man-made findings when I have the Bible. Bible taught me everythang…I don't need humans to find anything out for me. I'm bad a**!

Well, whatever makes you feel better. Poor anonymous.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Its sad. Its typical of the person who fights hard to keep their lie, alive.

Momsix828
    Participant

http://www.people.com/article/former-members-call-south-korean-church-a-cultHas anyone seen this “People Magazine” article about the NJ church? Has anyone seen this “People Magazine” article about the NJ church? Two of my children are in the WMSCOG. Both infulenced by Victor the pastor there. He baptized my daughter a year ago.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

I just read the article. All the statements are true.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.