Valentines Day

• Creator
    Topic
    Azula
    Participant

Just wanted to get anyone's opinion about celebrating Valentines Day, I'm still suffering from withdrawal symptoms after years of indoctrination (you should've seen me at Christmas! lol). I'm  not interested in the "is it in the bible" rhetoric.

Admittedly the fear is is still there about some horrible plague befalling me should I even mention the phrase HVD.

Just YOUR thoughts guys thanks.

emil
    Participant

Nothing wrong with celebrating it so long as you don't treat it as some religious festival. Go ahead and enjoy.

Simon
    Participant

It makes a mockery of love and is show offy so its rude and vile but won’t land you in hell

Harry
    Participant

Simon wrote:

It makes a mockery of love and is show offy so its rude and vile but won't land you in hell

Oh Simon, your such a romantic….I just spent $150 bucks on roses. I should have just let her read your post

Simon
    Participant

That’s exactly my problem I see love as too valuable to have Valentines day mock it up

Harry
    Participant

Simon wrote:

That's exactly my problem I see love as too valuable to have Valentines day mock it up

you convinced me buddy I'm cancelling those roses…..thanks

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Harry-

LOL!

OP-

I love Valentine's Day. Though people shouldn't need an international special day to express their love and appreciation to other people, they do need it. Today, many people are too busy and forget to show their love. I think, as a whole, people use it as an excuse to mock love. Just because someone else mocks it, doesn't mean you have to. I tell Anaya I love her but sometimes I forget to show her. All week we spent time making the VD (lol, vinerial disease) cards together. My daughter appreciated it so much. The last time we did something together was decorating the Christmas tree in November! It's been that long. Now that I have that brought to the front of my mind, I can make a conscious effort to do more activities with her.

My point? I think it's great fun.

Azula
    Participant

Thanks guys for telling me what I needed to hear.

Much Love

ChurchDestroyer101
    Participant

Life is short, just enjoy what you like.

Questioninginla
    Participant

Azula wrote:

Just wanted to get anyone's opinion about celebrating Valentines Day, I'm still suffering from withdrawal symptoms after years of indoctrination (you should've seen me at Christmas! lol). I'm  not interested in the "is it in the bible" rhetoric.

Admittedly the fear is is still there about some horrible plague befalling me should I even mention the phrase HVD.

Just YOUR thoughts guys thanks.

read a book on the powerful effects of fear.

fear kept human beings ALIVE and engendered the species to survive.  without fear humans would be lower on the food chain.  so, for tens of thousands of years fear has been an asset to mankind's survival and for you and your experience it was arguably used against you, and this dictated your actions in a way that others saw as in your best interest (at best; at worst, a sociopath mindset just did as it pleased with you).

fear is not going away in any shape, matter, or form for any of us.  learning and understanding it will help you understand the process that drives motivation, and this understanding should help to ease your anxiety.

if that doesn't work, then research psychologists that have experience in that area.

Smurf
    Participant

YoMomma SoFat wrote:

All week we spent time making the VD cards together.

http://tinyurl.com/aflbtv6

Those kind of cards? Very educational for little Anaya.

It's a rather unconventional method but who am I to judge 😛

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.