using our abilities for god

• Creator
    Topic
    Simon
    Participant

church of god encourages their members to use their talents and abilities for recruiting new members to the church. doing this abuses our abilities and our talents for the exact opposite of our intentions. this is truly very evil.

I think it behooves us to find a way to use our abilities for good after escaping church of god.

not to work to earn our way back to salvation. for our own self esteem and prevent others from facing the same fate.

I still haven’t figured out for me just expressing my thoughts

donttrustzang
    Participant

wow :/  i totally understand..  i also dont know where to go from here.. its like i thought i had "life" figured out for three years, i was very comfortable, and now knowing this breaks my heart. Im so glad i know though. I want to tell the friends i made there, but i know exactly how they will percieve me…   idk, ive always felt God on my side, before and after this church. I have to say honestly, it wasnt all bad there, but being lied to and worshipping a woman just isnt my thing…

king34
    Participant

what makes me mad is not actually being lied to  but actually worshiping a wrogn god. God does not take those things lightly.

donttrustzang
    Participant

but then again God allowed me to go there, even allowed me to believe it, and now God is allowing me to see this. All in all it was part of his plan for us :]

any ideas on how to reach out to friends in the church?? without them thinking your satan?

Rain
    Participant

donttrustzang wrote:

but then again God allowed me to go there, even allowed me to believe it, and now God is allowing me to see this. All in all it was part of his plan for us :]

any ideas on how to reach out to friends in the church?? without them thinking your satan?

lol i was asking you a simliar question on another topic in the forum.  You would know the answer to that better than anyone here, i think you were there the longest, you know it's not easy to talk to a member about the church lying, any doubts, or mother for that matter. 

donttrustzang
    Participant

Rain wrote:

donttrustzang wrote:

lol i was asking you a simliar question on another topic in the forum.  You would know the answer to that better than anyone here, i think you were there the longest, you know it's not easy to talk to a member about the church lying, any doubts, or mother for that matter. 

lol yes, i still havent figured it out apparently…

Im just gonna wait and if i see any of them and they want to know why im not going ill be more then happy to tell them… till then i donnt know :/

Rain
    Participant

donttrustzang wrote:

Rain wrote:

donttrustzang wrote:

lol yes, i still havent figured it out apparently…

Im just gonna wait and if i see any of them and they want to know why im not going ill be more then happy to tell them… till then i donnt know :/

lol sorry but i don't think any of them will speake with you if you were to see them.  By now they must have been advice, not to associate with you.  unless you have a family or good friend in there, the others who you thought were your family, think you are one of the many who will fall in the last days.  If you do get to talk to one of them it's because they also have doubts and want to know why you left.(or maybe it's God leading them out) things happen for a reason.  How long have you been M.I.A and has your group leader called you yet.

Simon
    Participant

They never advised against talking to me (still got people on the inside as it were) I also never got called STILL since I last went.

donttrustzang
    Participant

shimon wrote:

They never advised against talking to me (still got people on the inside as it were) I also never got called STILL since I last went.

they might have said to just leave you alone… ive always had a problem with attendance, so im sure they got used to it by now..

Rain
    Participant

donttrustzang wrote:

shimon wrote:

they might have said to just leave you alone… ive always had a problem with attendance, so im sure they got used to it by now..

looks like all the churches are run different..when i was there that's what i heared and saw when members would leave.  I have no need to lie.  The pastor would say that they belong to their father, satan that's why they did not stay with us, and we were told not to associate with them!

donttrustzang
    Participant

Rain wrote:

donttrustzang wrote:

shimon wrote:

looks like all the churches are run different..when i was there that's what i heared and saw when members would leave.  I have no need to lie.  The pastor would say that they belong to their father, satan that's why they did not stay with us, and we were told not to associate with them!

whoa thats a harsh way to put it lol idk who that oversear was, but thats not love… whenever ide go missing ide get txts the first week, but after that, they say let God handle it and just pray for em….  

but yes all churches are run differently, the Orange county church made the annoucment that zang and ahn had kids, but in l.a. its still a huge secret kinda

Rain
    Participant

donttrustzang wrote:

Rain wrote:

donttrustzang wrote:

shimon wrote:

whoa thats a harsh way to put it lol idk who that oversear was, but thats not love… whenever ide go missing ide get txts the first week, but after that, they say let God handle it and just pray for em….  

but yes all churches are run differently, the Orange county church made the annoucment that zang and ahn had kids, but in l.a. its still a huge secret kinda

Rain
    Participant

THE TRUTH WILL ALWAYS STAND

Simon
    Participant

I'd missed TWO sabbaths in two years lol

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.