Tithing According to Joo Cheol Kim

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Emily
    Participant

When I was a member I always felt that there was a lot of emphasis on tithing and offerings.  But what does the WMSCOG literature actually say about tithing and it's importance?  I was reading "My Sheep Listen To My Voice" by WMSCOG general pastor Joo Cheol Kim, and I came across a few quotes that I would like to share with everyone.  Here they are (emphasis mine):

• "He [God] only wants us to be saved.  God has given us the law of tithe so that we may always put our hope in heaven."  My Sheep Listen To My Voice p. 291

So money = hope???  Too bad for all of those poor people huh?  I guess they are just outta luck and don't have any "hope in heaven".

• "Tithe is a minimum rent to be paid to God in this world."  My Sheep Listen To My Voice p. 297

Where does it say that in the Bible???

• "God has commanded us to offer a tenth of all that we earn, so that we may serve only God and not belong to the devil who has power over this world."  My Sheep Listen To My Voice p. 299

So if you don't tithe you belong to the devil???

• "Tithing is an important law through which those who turn away from God can return to Him."  My Sheep Listen To My Voice p. 305

So you can pay your way back to God if you leave the church???  Where is that in the Bible???

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.