Those Who Eat My Flesh

• Creator
    Topic
    Azula
    Participant

I was just curious about something, not sure if it might have been discussed on a previous thread, but the wmscog says that we need to keep the Passover for salvation right? (John 6:53-54) And that according to the bible the Passover is the sure fire way of getting into heaven and receiving the forgiveness of sins (Matt 26:17, 26-28).

But then that would mean that Judas Iscariot is also in heaven because he kept the Passover.

Judas has the seal as well so he's now comforted in heaven and chilling with Jesus and the apostles.

How does this make any sense? i.e. How can ritual grant salvation or condemn others to h e l l

Simon
    Participant

They have a long complicated answer that involves so much double speak I cannot remember.it

Love'n Honey
    Participant

It only gives you forgiveness of past sins. That’s what I was taught. When the PO came around, the sisters and I would joke about dying right after PO so we wouldn’t have the chance to sin. Judas sinned after PO so he’s not in heaven. Or he l l for that matter. He’s in limbo like every other dead person. No one has been judged yet.

Disturbed
    Participant

For me personally after I left the church I stepped away from the bible altogether. After being a member for so many years, my mind was so wrapped around their teachings that I couldn’t see anything else. I read the bible now from time to time but I think I’m still trying to rid myself of the wmscog filth. Try not to put to much weight on their teachings, which are distortions of the bible. Think about this…they didn’t read the entire bible. They always use choice verses from most of the books to fit what they want it to.

Azula
    Participant

YoMomma SoFat wrote:

It only gives you forgiveness of past sins. That's what I was taught. When the PO came around, the sisters and I would joke about dying right after PO so we wouldn't have the chance to sin. Judas sinned after PO so he's not in heaven. Or he l l for that matter. He's in limbo like every other dead person. No one has been judged yet.

LMAO! And to think we actually believed this stuff! like really now. Where was this fine print writen? Because Jesus did say that those who ate the flesh and drank the blood would remain in Him.

So like what's up with this rubbish of saying that the sin is forgiven before the PO? Bollocks!

Azula
    Participant

Disturbed wrote:

For me personally after I left the church I stepped away from the bible altogether. After being a member for so many years, my mind was so wrapped around their teachings that I couldn't see anything else. I read the bible now from time to time but I think I'm still trying to rid myself of the wmscog filth. Try not to put to much weight on their teachings, which are distortions of the bible. Think about this…they didn't read the entire bible. They always use choice verses from most of the books to fit what they want it to.

I know exactly what you mean, but in order for me to free myself it meant that I had to go back and read both with a totally different mind. For one thing that i can say I know fo sure it's that their emphasis is on ritual and they somehow manage to tie salvation with bread and wine as an example, but if we look closer at the bible we find that rituals have very little to do with our salvation.

It's the heart that matters the most, if salavation was truly about bread and wine then I hate to think about the BILLIONS of people in the fiery furnace. How would that make God a fair and righteous judge?

And just to add to that according to the wmscog we were cast out of heaven because our hearts were corrupted, how in the world can bread and wine make a heart pure? Think about this seriously.

The Chive
    Participant

Those who eat my flesh are cannibals….

emil
    Participant

It is important for us to read that passage from Mt 26 carefully and understand what it means. Look at verse 28 with a fresh mind. It does not say that drinking the blood forgives sins at all. Jesus tells the disciples to drink the blood of the covenant. The blood which has been poured out for the forgiveness of sins. The forgiveness came from the pouring out of the blood, not by the drinking of it. The drinking is to seal the covenant.

Look at 1 Cor 11. Paul doesn't say that your sins are forgiven by drinking. On the contrary, in verses 27-29 Paul specifically tells them that the eating/drinking has to be done worthily. Verse 28 calls for self-examination before eating/drinking. If those guys at Corinth were sinning, the drinking of blood should have brought them forgiveness. However, the opposite is true. They have to be worthy in order to participate or their participation itself is a sin.

The wmscog is absolutely wrong in claiming that eating the body and drinking the blood brings forgiveness of sins.

Simon
    Participant

You cant say because you can drink judgement on yourself that theres not a forgiveness of sins brought by drinking sacrifices done improperly could bring gods wrath in the OT while done correctly were atoning

emil
    Participant

^ How about Mt 26:28?

Simon
    Participant

Not sure how to answer that best but I’m not aware of jesus pouring his blood anywhere

emil
    Participant

^ He did pour out his blood at his death on the cross and the beatings before.

Simon
    Participant

He didn’t pour it bleeding isn’t pouring bood

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

He didn't pour it bleeding isn't pouring bood

Fine you can interpret it that way if you want. But in Mt 26:28, Jesus says, "This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."

What was he talking about? What do you make of the scene where he was pierced with a lance?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Jesus said it was poured. So it was poured.

Simon
    Participant

Another issue is the priests have to pour sacrificial blood not heathen soldiers

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.