"this is a terrible, irresponsible article"

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

This comment was left by George on The World Mission Society Church of God: Religious Freedom or Religious Fraud? on 11/09/12:

I have to say that this post is even more manipulative than you claim the church to be.  Firstly, this article doesn't make any note of sources, and who the individual(s) being quoted is/are to the church.  Any Tom, Dick, or Harry off the street can join a church and the next day claim to be a representative and make whatever outlandish claims they choose.  If you did get this quote from an official representative of the church, you should list that.  This applies only if you seek to have some sort of credibility in your article, something that you apparently don’t.

Tithing is a standard practice in many churches, but are you sure they require the members to do this?  How do they enforce it?  Can they support this in the Bible?  When do they disclose it to members?  How many members have you surveyed regarding this?

Furthermore, it is important that the author, the readers, and anyone who plans to function in this world to be aware that all things in life you commit to are just that, a commitment.  You will never know what that commitment fully entails until you experience it for yourself.  Let me illustrate with an example: My cousin joins a football team.  He is unaware that they will make him run a mile for being late, he is unaware he will have to pay for field trips, he is unaware that he will be expected to go out to eat with his teammates by social pressure after each victory… should he hold animosity towards the team for these things?  Should you be mad at your boyfriend or girlfriend for not telling you they are diabetic on the first date?    Should you write an article about a pet store because it doesn't tell you that the puppy you bought may chew your furniture?  The answer to all these are No.  Logically, you must present yourself with the best foot forward, and explain things to people gradually, or until the situation comes up naturally.

This comment is not to say the church's methods are good, bad or indifferent, it's just to say that this is a terrible, irresponsible article and a reflection on the author's obviously low level of quality control.  I'm sorry, but you are not a reliable source for information regarding this matter, and if you were, you would have presented this in a more tactful method and with proper representation.  Any credible journalist would agree.

Stained
    Participant

What ? You can't be serious ? Can you read ? Well if you can, read the hundreds of stories containing substantiating evidence right here on this Web-Log alone not to mention but I will, many other sites. Get your head out of the sand [edit by admin].  K ?

KC
    Participant

the new wmscog style, they start dropping that crazed cult members (eg. HOW DARE YOU! MAMA IS GOD! style)  persona and now starting to do counter journalist style statements, basically just to implement some inconsistency to the readers here so they can cover up about how bad they really are.

Joshua
    Participant

George, I want to address your example.

Let me illustrate with an example: My cousin joins a football team.  He is unaware that they will make him run a mile for being late, he is unaware he will have to pay for field trips, he is unaware that he will be expected to go out to eat with his teammates by social pressure after each victory… should he hold animosity towards the team for these things?

Does the football team keep information hidden from the team until they think the team members are ready for it? The WMS does. When asked about fines of fees would a football team keep that information from any of the team mates? The WMS does. Does your cousin think that any group he joins will be without social pressure? He does live in this world doesn't he? I would expect everyone of sound mind to hold animosity towards a group that has such information control in place. To answer your question about your cousins participation on a football team I say yes, he should hold hold them accountable for these things.

Let's address your judgement at the end of your article.

This comment is not to say the church's methods are good, bad or indifferent, it's just to say that this is a terrible, irresponsible article and a reflection on the author's obviously low level of quality control.  I'm sorry, but you are not a reliable source for information regarding this matter, and if you were, you would have presented this in a more tactful method and with proper representation.  Any credible journalist would agree.

This comment makes it very obvious that the information you have chosen to review has been limited. For all of the information contained on this website I can only assume that you jumped to a poorly judged conclusion. Any credible journalist would agree. Many of these articles and the people who authored them have given their blood, sweat, and tears bringing this information forward. If you have a contribution to make here please keep this FACT in mind. Many of these folks also still have loved ones trapped by this cult and do not wish to be revealed. This group has a very bad habit of turning people against their own families and loved ones. Do some research and find out the truth of this situation for yourself and please don't attack and judge the people who have lived many of these things. You seem to be able to formulate your own oppinions about things so I am going to assume that you are not a member of the WMSCOG. Don't join up just to see what it's like! Use due diligence and research the history of this group. You might be able to help us if you come from a platform of knowledge, use a more tactful method, and back it up with proper representation. Thank you.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.