They Never Predicted the End of the World

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

This comment was originally posted by WMS brother on The WMSCOG's Failed Doomsday Predictions of 1988, 1999, and 2012. What Will They Predict Next? and moved here for further discussion:

1. That Facebook post is not an official announcement from General Pastor, or Heavenly Mother.

2. That Blog is not an official announcement from General Pastor, or Heavenly Mother.

3. The Court Case findings were not an official testimony from General Pastor, or Heavenly Mother.

*In fact, it plainly says that the findings were the testimony of family members, and a survey of the general assembly. Not an actual statement by the lead office.

——

Now… Some people might have said some dumb things along the way. This same event happened even right after the death of Jesus in his own church (gal 1:6). And so it is imperative that we return to the correct gospel. There was a huge stack of books Ahn-Sahng-Hong left behind that took years to thoroughly read, translate, and distribute to us.

Which is exactly why your missing one gigantic point:

*It is testified that god himself must re-appear and rebuild Zion before the last day, because it has been destroyed after the death of the apostles.

That’s a big study to swallow, but this verse is a lot more direct: "All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast" (rev 13:8)

There is a biblical event which -must- happen, in order for you to learn the truth in the last days. Otherwise you will continue to worship the beast just as God testifies everyone has been doing all along. There is no exception to the above verse, there are only those who are saved by the grace of god, in the manner through which God has described.

To conclude:

There is, in fact, only one church in the entire world, which follows -all- of the instructions of Jesus and the Apostles, without neglecting any of them.

longhaul
    Participant

Are there really members who left because of 2013? I didn't see much of a difference at my Zion, but personally it's hard to leave when no one else is.  I've been waiting 7 years and it's a bit dissapointing being told to wait more…

Lost and Confused.

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Are you still in your zion? How envious, you could monitor them. lol. Yes there are members that are leaving, maybe not in your zion but in some and we will be happy even if it's only a few. Welcome back to the real world people.

longhaul
    Participant

I told myself just wait untill Dec 2012, I've been saying that for the past 7 years. I just can't do it any longer. I was hoping someone at least one member would stand up and speak or do something, but nothing. 

Emily
    Participant

longhaul wrote:

I told myself just wait untill Dec 2012, I've been saying that for the past 7 years. I just can't do it any longer. I was hoping someone at least one member would stand up and speak or do something, but nothing. 

Wow I'm glad you finally saw the light.  I think they might be scared to say something because of fear of being rebuked publicly.  How did you get the courage to finally walk away after 7 years?  Congrats by the way!!!

longhaul
    Participant

Actually I didn't, I'm still going, what I meant was that I had hoped someone would be first to leave but I don't see anyone doing that.  I don't know what to do.

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

longhaul wrote:

The old members are definitely having doubts. You know what you heard. They said the end is in 2012. Don't doubt yourself, doubt THEM. Maybe no one is speaking up because they are also afraid that they will experience disaster if they left. But the thing is, Satan would test you. He has his hold on you and if you try to get out of that, then he will try to do anything to bring you back now that you know the truth. Stand firm. Pray to God, call out to the real God and He will be there for you. Stay strong, longhaul.

Emily
    Participant

longhaul wrote:

Actually I didn't, I'm still going, what I meant was that I had hoped someone would be first to leave but I don't see anyone doing that.  I don't know what to do.

Sorry to hear that longhaul :(.  They are probably undecided just like you.  Why don't you take some time away from the wms to really think about it?  You owe it to yourself.  Heck, they are saying that it will be another 6 years!  You should take 6 weeks to research everything they told you not to look at and decide for yourself if you want to labor away another 6+ years of your life.  I mean if they were wrong about 2012, they will be wrong about 2018.  I really believe that they are just using people.  So sad really.  I'm sure it will be hard but you can do it :).

Free Thinker
    Participant

Hey all of you ๐Ÿ™‚

I won't be back for a while, i'm beginging to prepare for what is to come. When I say this I am not speaking of anything WMS related, I'm talking about after hearing Alex's Jones Predicions comming true right in front of my eyes and Everything that is just happening like the "fiscal deal" (AKA higher taxes for US!!!) and aww man, there are just so many things going on in my head at this point. Now if guns are banned by Obama (via exsecutive order), then my friends, I fear for the worst……..

So if you do not hear back from me in a while, it is because i'm still stocking up for when the economic collapse happens (it's comming soon, whether you want to believe it or not, just go out and RESEARCH it.) I know that I am sounding loony and all, but please, I am begging all of you to please prepare yourselves. Research the Federal Reserve QE plan (it is now a monthly QE), research how they operate, go online and get your infromation from infowars.com and watch alex jones on youtube. It gets to a point where our OWN MILITARY and POLICE are confirming what Alex Jones has been saying (check this out here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6lI3nAPMCo&list=UUvsye7V9psc-APX6wV1twLg&index=43). So again, I know I am souning very loony at this point but PLEASE prepare!!! Do anything possible. Please note that this is NOT A WMS teaching, I am warning you ahead of time, I hope you can openly recieve my message.

Lastly, I will try to answer as much as I can when I have spare time. So don't think that I am gone ๐Ÿ™‚

emil
    Participant

longhaul – there are many members on this forum who have left the wmscog when they realized. I am sure many will share with you their experiences so that it will help you to take the bold step.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Every year from hence forth, I am certain wmscog will have one excuse or the other for predictions from them that do not come to pass. No one knows the mind of God and never will. There were members during my time there that I clearly heard talk about preparation for the time of disaster and how we will flee to wherever we are told to go to when the time comes. Preparations as in backpacks with essentials like water, etc. the world is not coming to an end based on their predictions but only when the real God says so. In the End time many will rise saying they are of God – key word is “end times” and not beginning time. Think about that. Luke 21:8. Matthew 24:3-5, 11, 24. Mark 13:5-6. Note Matthew 24:3-5. We are living in these times with false prophets that Jesus was describing. The biggest mistake of my life was when i became a member of that organization, but God allowed it for a reason. I believe there will be more people coming out of there in due time and will be welcomed into Jesus – the real Christ’s, kingdom. God bless.

Joshua
    Participant

Sarah, way to go! I have now spoken to many current members and many exmembers. Most people have a really hard time when they first exit this cult. The programing that a person goes through is hard to overcome. Even a person who only attended for a short time experiences for lack of a better term "dread" for having been involved in a group like this. I hope that you have a strong support system behind you now. Those of us that are here are definitley rooting for you and are willing to help. Through your past you become stronger. I am seeing this with my own loved one. It used to be even after she exited the group that it was hard on her when I refered to the group as a cult. I tried not to add to the difficulty that she was going through so for the most part I cencored myself. Now she refers to this group as a cult and helps me reach out to others who are trapped in it. She has and is becoming very strong and her faith in Jesus Christ has grown because of her experiences. It's a dang lousy way to get to this point but God knew what he was doing in both of us as we went through this time of trial. Keep fighting with us and keep seeking the truth. You have support here.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Joshua,

God bless you! It is a cult, no doubt in my mind. Joshua, Jesus never took anyone to court but laid down his life out of his unconditional love. That in itself says a lot. I am with all of you who are holding on to that which Jesus and his apostles told us to hold unto which is the gospel of Jesus Christ. God bless you.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Joshua, the damage done mentally to me is beyond repair save by Jesus Christ.

Joshua
    Participant

Amen to that and Amen to your willingness.

MountainMom
    Participant

Sarah, I am praying for you as are others on this site.  I am very sorry for what has happened, and I understand about feeling damaged.  But you have prevailed, simply by getting out of there.  I worry about a relative of mine in there who has been damaged so much by them, and what he will do when he finds out what they did to him.  I actually worry about them after he finds out, too.  I really hope and pray my relative does not harm himself or any of them when the full realization of the lies and manipulations come down. I actually pray for their safety as well.  I don't want anyone hurt in any way.  But it is unpredictable.

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

I think I developed some sort of defense mechanism over here. Hearing the word “God bless you” so many times while I was in wmscog had a psychological effect. I cringe when I read it in the previous comments. lol. Now I treat that phrase as special and use it only on certain occassion. Anyone here feeling the same as I?

Congrats Sarah, I thank God that He gave you your “sight” back, welcome to the truth. ^_^

genny
    Participant

Elievalkyrie wrote:

I think I developed some sort of defense mechanism over here. Hearing the word "God bless you" so many times while I was in wmscog had a psychological effect. I cringe when I read it in the previous comments. lol. Now I treat that phrase as special and use it only on certain occassion. Anyone here feeling the same as I?

Me too, Elie.  Sadly, the phrase "God bless you" has become slightly tainted to me.  When spoken by friends and relatives who I know mean it well and have no connection with the wmscog, I appreciate the sentiment.  But I have a hard time bringing myself to say it.  I do sometimes (trying to make sure I don't use that inflection that I heard like a broken record when I visited a wmscog congregation), but I'd rather say something else, even if it's only a little different like, "The Lord bless you."

Emily
    Participant

genny wrote:

Elievalkyrie wrote:

I think I developed some sort of defense mechanism over here. Hearing the word "God bless you" so many times while I was in wmscog had a psychological effect. I cringe when I read it in the previous comments. lol. Now I treat that phrase as special and use it only on certain occassion. Anyone here feeling the same as I?

Me too, Elie.  Sadly, the phrase "God bless you" has become slightly tainted to me.  When spoken by friends and relatives who I know mean it well and have no connection with the wmscog, I appreciate the sentiment.  But I have a hard time bringing myself to say it.  I do sometimes (trying to make sure I don't use that inflection that I heard like a broken record when I visited a wmscog congregation), but I'd rather say something else, even if it's only a little different like, "The Lord bless you."

Ditto for me.  I can barely stand to hear people say that phrase these days…ughhh.

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Emily wrote:

genny wrote:

Elievalkyrie wrote:

Ditto for me.  I can barely stand to hear people say that phrase these days…ughhh.

Well, it's good to know that I'm not the only one. In our zion, the words that meant to be used as a greeting, farewell or congratulation were all replaced with "godblessyous", I don't know how anyone could stand it for more than a year. lol

Stained
    Participant

@ WMS Brother

Hey man, just curious, do you use the word actually every third word and do you speak with a fake Korean accent ? Also, did you run out and buy some Birth Control Glasses aka BCG’s and begin to slick your hair back like Arthur Fonzarelli ?

Viewing 20 replies - 121 through 140 (of 163 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.