They Never Predicted the End of the World

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

This comment was originally posted by WMS brother on The WMSCOG's Failed Doomsday Predictions of 1988, 1999, and 2012. What Will They Predict Next? and moved here for further discussion:

1. That Facebook post is not an official announcement from General Pastor, or Heavenly Mother.

2. That Blog is not an official announcement from General Pastor, or Heavenly Mother.

3. The Court Case findings were not an official testimony from General Pastor, or Heavenly Mother.

*In fact, it plainly says that the findings were the testimony of family members, and a survey of the general assembly. Not an actual statement by the lead office.

——

Now… Some people might have said some dumb things along the way. This same event happened even right after the death of Jesus in his own church (gal 1:6). And so it is imperative that we return to the correct gospel. There was a huge stack of books Ahn-Sahng-Hong left behind that took years to thoroughly read, translate, and distribute to us.

Which is exactly why your missing one gigantic point:

*It is testified that god himself must re-appear and rebuild Zion before the last day, because it has been destroyed after the death of the apostles.

That’s a big study to swallow, but this verse is a lot more direct: "All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast" (rev 13:8)

There is a biblical event which -must- happen, in order for you to learn the truth in the last days. Otherwise you will continue to worship the beast just as God testifies everyone has been doing all along. There is no exception to the above verse, there are only those who are saved by the grace of god, in the manner through which God has described.

To conclude:

There is, in fact, only one church in the entire world, which follows -all- of the instructions of Jesus and the Apostles, without neglecting any of them.

KC
    Participant

yes cephas brother most of that i heard from former members that have been in wmscog for more than 1 year, its always the same even when they dont know each other and from different country, the former members whos not that long in cog usualy never heard about the end of the world stuff but the former members who is in cog for more than a year usualy know about it

KC
    Participant

and if your loved one havent been informed about that then it means she is not that far yet into wmscog, do please talk some sense into her, i myself have a very good friend who is a victim of those people and he is a very very broken man now even when he finally manage to get out

Cephas' Brother
    Participant

KC, that's the thing that perplexes me. She's been going for like 5 years she told me. It is a small church though, it's just  a house that I'm pretty sure the "deacon" lives at. Maybe they're not privy to the information the larger churches are? 

KC
    Participant

ah really??? if she is there for 5 years im sure she must have heard about that or she just wont admit it, as far as i know wmscog always pressed that the "knowledge" of the end of the world is not to be shared with anybody besides the members

Cephas' Brother
    Participant

It's possible, she's semi-secretive about the whole thing since she knows my position on it now. Come to think of it she was pretty secretive about it from the get go. It really bugs me how they entice people with this "secret" knowledge that's only for members, but then claim to want to save everyone and preach to the whole world. Then why is it a secret? Why not publish your book so the whole world can be saved? I'm sure they've got some explanation, they probably tell them they'd be "persecuted" or some hogwash like that. I guess it's persecution to point out someone's BIG FAT LIES. 

KC
    Participant

a supposedly secret knowledge is easier to deny when they are cornered

Cephas' Brother
    Participant

True, I just can't fathom being a member and being taught one of these things like the end of the world is coming, or ASH didn't have kids and then finding out that they totally lied. And then to continue to believe and give money, time, and spirit… I just can't imagine what they'd have to tell me to get me to stay after something like that. This is mind control at it's finest. Edward Bernays would be amazed. 

KC
    Participant

cephas brother they do it slowly, its is known that they never ever even mentioned about ASH is the second coming of jesus until at least few weeks you are into the bible study and from what i can see they always look for people in emotional trouble, mostly i think they prey on lonely people so that person even when they have doubt about their teaching will have a hard time leaving them since that person have grown attached to the people in wmscog

Free Thinker
    Participant

Ahn predicted the end of the world in 1988 to fulfill the prophecy of Judah. The end of the world claims that you state our church has made in 1999 and 2012 are incorrect. Understand that the church MEMBERS bought into the idea the end of the world was going to happen in 1999 and 2012 because of what I believe to be fear from rediculously dumb rumors. For example, 1999 fear came from the Y2K, or the year 2000 as doomsday. And 2012, ohhhh please, like the world is going to end this friday, Dec. 21, 2012 according to the Mayan calender (which NO expert has claimed that it meant the end of the world, rather people without knowledge have been claiming this)……simply blasphemy! The bible testifies that the day or the hour is not for us to know! The brothers and sisters from my Zion even continue to looking forward to next year in hopes that we can continue preaching and finding more of our lost brothers and sisters.

All I can say is that we are truly living in the last days because of many factors (I wish I had the time to write all of these factors down, but it would take alot of time to do it). 

Now just to be clear, I BELIEVE that EVERYONE has their right to their opinion, If you want to be Muslim, let it be, if you want to be Christian, let it be, if you want to be Hindi, well by god's will, LET IT BE! I honestly do not like seeing all this fighting as to who is right or wrong…. I believe that I am in the right church and that Zion is the right place to be to seek salvation. Hal, for example, belives that the Jewish are doing everything that is right to seek salvation. Put it simply, let each individual do what is right for him!

With That being said, God Bless all of you abundantly!

genny
    Participant

Free Thinker wrote:

Ahn predicted the end of the world in 1988 to fulfill the prophecy of Judah. The end of the world claims that you state our church has made in 1999 and 2012 are incorrect. Understand that the church MEMBERS bought into the idea the end of the world was going to happen in 1999 and 2012 because of what I believe to be fear from rediculously dumb rumors. For example, 1999 fear came from the Y2K, or the year 2000 as doomsday. And 2012, ohhhh please, like the world is going to end this friday, Dec. 21, 2012 according to the Mayan calender (which NO expert has claimed that it meant the end of the world, rather people without knowledge have been claiming this)……simply blasphemy!

I think you mean that Ahn predicted the end of the world in 1988 to fulfill the prophecy of "Jonah" (which can be another whole thread to start).

The wmscog prediction about 2012 is not related to the Mayan thing.  The deaconess I talked to had a printed chart that showed how the prophecy was figured.  It is also mentioned by Ahn in his book titled "While the Bridegroom tarries all the people fall asleep" (approximate English title).

Simon
    Participant

Free Thinker wrote:

Ahn predicted the end of the world in 1988 to fulfill the prophecy of Judah. The end of the world claims that you state our church has made in 1999 and 2012 are incorrect. Understand that the church MEMBERS bought into the idea the end of the world was going to happen in 1999 and 2012 because of what I believe to be fear from rediculously dumb rumors. For example, 1999 fear came from the Y2K, or the year 2000 as doomsday. And 2012, ohhhh please, like the world is going to end this friday, Dec. 21, 2012 according to the Mayan calender (which NO expert has claimed that it meant the end of the world, rather people without knowledge have been claiming this)……simply blasphemy! The bible testifies that the day or the hour is not for us to know! The brothers and sisters from my Zion even continue to looking forward to next year in hopes that we can continue preaching and finding more of our lost brothers and sisters.

All I can say is that we are truly living in the last days because of many factors (I wish I had the time to write all of these factors down, but it would take alot of time to do it). 

Now just to be clear, I BELIEVE that EVERYONE has their right to their opinion, If you want to be Muslim, let it be, if you want to be Christian, let it be, if you want to be Hindi, well by god's will, LET IT BE! I honestly do not like seeing all this fighting as to who is right or wrong…. I believe that I am in the right church and that Zion is the right place to be to seek salvation. Hal, for example, belives that the Jewish are doing everything that is right to seek salvation. Put it simply, let each individual do what is right for him!

With That being said, God Bless all of you abundantly!

The WMSCOG didn't teach the end of the world 2012 but they did teach the end of the Gospel age and fulfillment of the feast of Tabernacles in 2012 this is indesputable I did that study a good dozen or so times.

genny
    Participant

Simon wrote:

The WMSCOG didn't teach the end of the world 2012 but they did teach the end of the Gospel age and fulfillment of the feast of Tabernacles in 2012 this is indesputable I did that study a good dozen or so times.

Thanks for saying so Simon.  So what was your understanding of the difference of the end of the world and the end of the Gospel age?

Free Thinker
    Participant

genny wrote:

Free Thinker wrote:

Ahn predicted the end of the world in 1988 to fulfill the prophecy of Judah. The end of the world claims that you state our church has made in 1999 and 2012 are incorrect. Understand that the church MEMBERS bought into the idea the end of the world was going to happen in 1999 and 2012 because of what I believe to be fear from rediculously dumb rumors. For example, 1999 fear came from the Y2K, or the year 2000 as doomsday. And 2012, ohhhh please, like the world is going to end this friday, Dec. 21, 2012 according to the Mayan calender (which NO expert has claimed that it meant the end of the world, rather people without knowledge have been claiming this)……simply blasphemy!

I think you mean that Ahn predicted the end of the world in 1988 to fulfill the prophecy of "Jonah" (which can be another whole thread to start).

The wmscog prediction about 2012 is not related to the Mayan thing.  The deaconess I talked to had a printed chart that showed how the prophecy was figured.  It is also mentioned by Ahn in his book titled "While the Bridegroom tarries all the people fall asleep" (approximate English title).

Sorry, yes, I ment "Jonah", I have alot of things going on through my head right now and I just wanna go to bed (it's 2:50 AM down here in florida)

and @Simon, I haven't seen the teaching of "the end of the Gospel age and fulfillment of the feast of Tabernacles in 2012", so I cannot comment on this. This is good to know, I will ask my deacon about this when I get the chance 🙂

Free Thinker
    Participant

ohh and @genny,

I don't know what that deaconess might have showed you but when the bible testifies that we will not know when the end will happen, I'm pretty sure that god really means that it is not for us to know……. All I know is that before I met anyone from the WMSCOG, Iwas (and still am) the type of persone that does research and listen's to people like Alex Jones and Ron Paul, just to name a few. So even before going to the COG, I knew this world was not going to last much longer, because everything is just going down hill. So to me, the bible is letting me know that we are litterally living in the end of days.

Joshua
    Participant

After traveling to other countries, Japan being the most recent, I have to disagree to some extent. The good news has to be brought to all people before the end. I can attest that Japan has a population that for the most part hasn't heard about Jesus the Christ. another thing that has not happended is an escalation of war. Looking back on history there are no more wars going on now that there has been in years past. We are called not to worry about such things anyway just to be prepared for his return.

Simon
    Participant

It is true the world is at a surprisingly peaceful state in the course of history.

Abhigail Delema
    Participant

SIMON  they did predict here in india that the world would end in 2012 .We were told by the pastor he told us in the year 2010 by showing us a documentary vedieo about the mayan calender but now i realise it was a nice move he made and collected a lot of money from all the members he told people if the scientis, the mayans and god in zion says so means you people have no faith in god, he continued saying that god has also tried to open your eyes true the movie 2012 and then the movie was shown contiuosly in zion saying that the stones will also cry out in the last days. In some other states in india they were told to collect rice, water,dry fruits, candles,food etc, and i know of people who realy did it. ihope peoples eyes open now because 2012 is getting over and in india the pastors who ever came had a standard pattern of every two years so it was in 2008,2010,2012 . they also gave some weird calculation to my brother jesus entered the most holy place in 1844 according to their truth book and 168 days have been completed now iam not quite sure to mention what these 168 days are but if you add them you get 2012 and it is for sure as per the bible the world will end. i wonder now how these people who told my bother this are going to cover up what they said.

genny
    Participant

Abhigail Delema wrote:

they also gave some weird calculation to my brother jesus entered the most holy place in 1844 according to their truth book and 168 days have been completed now iam not quite sure to mention what these 168 days are but if you add them you get 2012 and it is for sure as per the bible the world will end. i wonder now how these people who told my bother this are going to cover up what they said.

It's in chapter 5 of that "While the bridegroom tarries…" book.  Basically, from when Moses received the 10 commandments and the tabernacle construction started to when they were put in the ark of the covenant and the tabernacle was completed was 168 days.  (This was in the chart the deaconess showed me also.)  The 1844 date is from the Seventh Day Adventists, when they believe Jesus entered the Most Holy Place in heaven.  Ahn wrote that counting 1 day as 1 year, the heavenly tabernacle would be completed in 168 years, which added on to 1844 is 2012.

Free Thinker wrote:

ohh and @genny,

I don't know what that deaconess might have showed you but when the bible testifies that we will not know when the end will happen, I'm pretty sure that god really means that it is not for us to know…….

FreeThinker, that above is what the deaconess showed me, but she didn't want to talk about it with me.  I got the impression that it was for advanced members or something.   As for no one knowing when the end is, I thought they were getting around that by thinking that no one knows "the hour or the day" but they maybe they know the year.

jellybean
    Participant

That is part of the studies “seven churches” & “six day creation” that they teach. I was also able to study a study related to the horses mentioned on the book of Revelations

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Wow, I never heard this before. But I received a study about the children of the light versus the children of the dark. When the theif comes in the night, you can’t see him so you don’t know he’s there. But when a theif comes in the light, you can see and know he’s there. They said the coming of christ will be like a theif in the night. But we are not children of the night/dark, we are children of the night and will see theif coming. We will know when father comes but the children of the darkness who refused to be brought to the light will not know.

This is how they dispute the verse NO ONE WILL KNOW. Actually, god meant those who don’t the 2CC and heavenly mother won’t know.

Viewing 20 replies - 41 through 60 (of 163 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.