The Sacred Calendar and Babylonian month names

• Creator
    Topic
    Simon
    Participant

This has been bothering me for a few days then the discussiong started by Emil brought this up….

The WMSCOG teaches that it is inacceptable to use anything of pagan origins and Ahnsahnghong is God.

Ahnsahnghong in his books of "truth" uses month names such as Nisan in his writtings. However Nisan is Babylonian in origin not from God, The Holy Scriptures only ever call it Abib or the First month.  (durring the captivity in Babylon scriptures use the babylonian names but thats because it was correct in the context)

If Ahnsahnghong is God why didn't he know he was using Pagan names that he was so very against?

emil
    Participant

Thank you Simon. This is the reason I was repeatedly asking FTOS (and told you and Genny to refrain from responding) to tell me the month and date for their feasts but he wouldn't respond at all as you may have noticed.

I personally don't see a problem with using those names. But it goes against their teaching of using anything of pagan origin as you rightly pointed out.

jellybean
    Participant

Once I heard that even using rings when married is a pagan custom and yet they use rings when they get married.

Simon
    Participant

Wedding Jewerly IS in scripture

genny
    Participant

Good observation, Simon.

There are many things we do as part of our culture and customs that could either be traced back to pagan origins or superstitions or that are at least similar to pagan practices, even if the origin is completely different.

We may not even realize what these things are because their meanings are not pagan today, but God would surely know.  If He is as offended as the wmscog makes Him out to be, and if He (and "She") were here in the flesh at the wmscog, then there would be none of that in any of their writings or practices.

Emily
    Participant

Wearing eye makeup can be considered a pagan custom as well.  The Egyptians wore thick black eyeliner to protect themselves from the "evil eye".  Zhang wears eye makeup…need I say more?  

Emily
    Participant

Lipstick was worn by Egyptian prostitutes as a way to "advertise".  Guess who also wears lipstick?

I am in no way saying that wearing makeup is bad.  Just saying that it's roots are pagan and if the wms is so against any pagan customs, then they would be discouraging members to wear it.  Certainly their "god" shouldn't be wearing it either lol.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Emily wrote:

Lipstick was worn by Egyptian prostitutes as a way to "advertise".  Guess who also wears lipstick?

I am in no way saying that wearing makeup is bad.  Just saying that it's roots are pagan and if the wms is so against any pagan customs, then they would be discouraging members to wear it.  Certainly their "god" shouldn't be wearing it either lol.

My Missionary one time said to me that I couldn't go preaching unless I put some lipstick on to make me look for presentable. She even said I shouldn't sing during service unless I had make up on because I stand out. I have bad skin so all the Sisters around me looked beautiful and then there was me, the bubble wrap baby.. =(

Elaine
    Participant

Well when I asked the Deacon the same as to why MJ wears lipstick? and He said "She is a modern God" LOL

Simon
    Participant

Yea i dunno about cosmetics every source saying they are Egyptianis a cult

the months is pretty much unanimous

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.