The Monkey Experiment. ie Group Mentality. (Rebooted)

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

This was posted up at my work. It's relevant so I am sharing it with all of you. Start with a cage containing five monkeys. Inside the cage, hang a banana on a string and place a set of stairs under it. Before long, a monkey will go to the stairs and start to climb towards the banana. As soon as he touches the stairs, all of the other monkeys are sprayed with cold water. After a while, another monkey makes an attempt with the same result, and all the other monkeys are sprayed with cold water. Pretty soon the monkeys will try to prevent it.

Now, put away the cold water. Remove one monkey from the cage and replace it with a new one. The new monkey sees the banana and wants to climb the stairs. To his surprise and horror, all the other monkeys attack him. After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs he will be attacked.

Next, remove another of the original five monkeys and replace it with a new one. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm! Likewise, replace a third original monkey with a new one, then a fourth, then the fifth.

Every time the newest monkey takes to the stairs, he's attacked. Most of the monkeys that are beating him have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs or why they are participating in the beating of the newest monkey. After replacing all of the original monkeys, none of the remaining monkeys have ever been sprayed with cold water. Nevertheless, no monkey ever again approaches the stairs to try for the banana.

Why do members of the WMSCOG continue to do things the way they do even after learning of some of the major problems with their doctrine? Because that's just the way it's done and to raise too many questions is to bring judgment down. The truth is available to them but when they reach for it they are beaten down by the group.

This is another thing I posted quite a while ago. This is also one of the main reasons why members of the WMSCOG have such a hard time leaving. It's really sad but unfortunatley true.

Questioninginla
    Participant

I have a related story but I must be a bit vague.  Someone that I have come to know was part of a sub-order of a mainstream religious organization that should have had checks-and-balances to prevent spiritual abuse.  Unfortunately the leader within this sub-order (or so I have called it) exercised control for over a decade before the abuses became known and "higher-ups" with the organization began to officially audit what was going on. 

The short story, the leader was removed.  One of the whistle-blowers (the person I know) kept in contact with some of those who chose to remain members.  Although the leader had been removed for several months at that point, many of the problem behaviors (were reported to have) still existed in that group setting.

Joshua
    Participant

Does this resemble anyone you know?

Anonymous

organization  Fut coins that should have had checks-and-balances to prevent 

remco9519
    Participant

members preferring to stay with WMSCOG are committing the highest crime against GOD every minute because they are worshipping false gods. if GOD seals their hearts, eyes and ears from true guidance that becomes their greatest problem because certainly their destination is hellfire in the life hereafter. Poor and pitiful people, they're expecting salvation to heaven but behind the curtain they are being lead to salvation to hell.  choice is theirs. if i am asked what i should choose, once i smell something fishy, guaranteed i would immediately excommunicate myself from this false church. their gods even if they add more can not do anything for them on the day of judgement.

Smurf
    Participant

You don't need to excommunicate yourself, they do this for you the minute you start asking too much questions. Regrettably, many members decide to stay in the WMSCOG despite all the lying, just because they have invested so much time and money and they feel comfortable living a lie. Some members are so commited that they just can't leave the cult, cuz if they do, their life would have no meaning.

Remco9519 I agree with you, I don’t know how my love one doesn’t see this simple truth, when she took me to this place and they wanted to get me baptized. I felt that I was denying my beliefs and denying Christ Jesus as my savior. That was the biggest red flag worshipping someone else. They say they acknowledge Jesus, but that’s just something they tell people to try to convert them, and once they are there is like Jesus never existed.

Acts 4:12

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

Only by the Grace of God, for His Love and tender mercies are we saved and rescued from bondage and eternal fire…

Joshua
    Participant

If I got caught up in something like this I think that I would probably hate myself. How much self unforgiveness is there among the exmembers of the WMSCOG? Many people have been able to move on with their lives but how much unforgiveness is there? This probably deserves its own thread.

Anonymous
    Inactive

remco9519 wrote:

members preferring to stay with WMSCOG are committing the highest crime against GOD every minute ……

Zhang Gil Jah, "General Pastor" Kim, Dong IL Lee, and the organizers of this destructive mind control cult are the criminals.  Those sucked into it, for whatever reason, are victims.  I think we should maintain that perspective, in my opinion.  I know it is hard, given the actions of some of these victims in defense of their cult, but still  …. they are victims.

Those committing crimes against God and Humanity are those who purposefully organized the WMSCOG cult to take over the thinking process of victims and use them to create wealth and power.  Zhang Gil Jah and Mr. Kim and Mr. Lee (and Mr. Lee's blood and in-law family members in the USA in New Jersey, Chicago, Colorado and California) will suffer in the deepest depths of Hell for using Scripture to justify their evil.

Dante describes their eternal future very well!

Simon
    Participant

Totally agree with that first paragraph…

Not so sure we should be using Dantes Divine Comedy as spiritual inspiration however

Joshua
    Participant

I don't think that we should be using Dantes either. Nice call.

Joshua
    Participant

Just a bump here.

Sally
    Participant

Heinrich Hochhalter wrote:

remco9519 wrote:

members preferring to stay with WMSCOG are committing the highest crime against GOD every minute ……

Zhang Gil Jah, "General Pastor" Kim, Dong IL Lee, and the organizers of this destructive mind control cult are the criminals.  Those sucked into it, for whatever reason, are victims.  I think we should maintain that perspective, in my opinion.  I know it is hard, given the actions of some of these victims in defense of their cult, but still  …. they are victims.

Those committing crimes against God and Humanity are those who purposefully organized the WMSCOG cult to take over the thinking process of victims and use them to create wealth and power.  Zhang Gil Jah and Mr. Kim and Mr. Lee (and Mr. Lee's blood and in-law family members in the USA in New Jersey, Chicago, Colorado and California) will suffer in the deepest depths of Hell for using Scripture to justify their evil.

Dante describes their eternal future very well!

Glad you bumped this Joshua, I feel it is very important that everyone never forgets that these members are victims!!

Joshua
    Participant

Just bumping this again for newer visitors here.

Brian Taylor
    Participant

Hahaha, When I was a wee lad I loved Dante's inferno!

Joshua
    Participant

Bump

Joshua
    Participant

Every so often I throw this one back into play. Please read the origional opening post and tell me your own oppinion. Thank you.

genny
    Participant

I saw a video recently that reminded me of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u35FVSqEhPA

It's a social conformity experiment. It happens with people too, not just monkeys (in case anyone was skeptical).

Joshua
    Participant

genny wrote:

I saw a video recently that reminded me of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u35FVSqEhPA

It's a social conformity experiment. It happens with people too, not just monkeys (in case anyone was skeptical).

Yes, there is also a study that has been done to see if a stranger would give a lethal voltage to someone if the responsibility for the action was taken off of their shoulders. It's scary how many did.

Joshua
    Participant

Check out the opening post!

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.