The King of the North: Jerusalem? Mother? North Korea?

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Simon
    Participant

So I finally got around to reading the prophecy about the King of the North in Daniel 11 in full context

Church of God teaches that the King of the North is North of Jerusalem and therefore as Mother is "spiritual Jerusalem" the last days fulfillment would be north of Mother IE North Korea.

BUT even if Mother were "spiritual Jerusalem"  the prophecy would not work as they explain it… 

Daniel 11:2 clearly shows they are talking about the persian empire until its defeat by Greece.

11:3 is clearly talking about Alexander the Great until his down fall and its subsequent split into four parts. The applicable kingdoms being Ptolmaic Egypt to the south and Selucid Empire (Syria) to the North. So this prophecy is about the Kingdom north of Egypt not Jerusalem.

There is no country the Church of God uses as "spiritual egypt" they use  Revelation 11:8 to claim that Spiritual Egypt is the sinful world so what would north of that be? 

Any last days interpretation of Daniel 11 with their definitions for spiritual Egypt is pretty much impossible. And the claim North of Jerusalem is false (as Israel was part of both Kingdoms at one time or another neither position can be relative to Jerusalem.)

Furthermore the King of the South is supposed to attack first in Daniel 11:7 so even if somehow you could make it North of Jerusalem and Jerusalem=Mother South Korea would need to spark WWIII not North Korea using Daniel 11 as a prophecy in such a way.

genny
    Participant

Interesting point, Simon.

In the sabbath services I attended, they preached about destruction coming from the north (interpreted as North Korea, of course), but they used verses from either Jeremiah or Ezekiel.  I can remember exactly which ones, but now you make me want to look them up again and see if there are clues there about north of what.

Simon
    Participant

Jeremiah,4 seems legit about Israel and 50 about Babylon

Simon
    Participant

oh and Jeremiah 1 is also Israel but explicitly says kingdoms not kingdom saying will summon all people from the northern kingdoms

Simon
    Participant

and we have Ezekiel 1 mention stuff from the north but it’s in Babylon and its not bad it’s the four living creatures

Ezekiel 38 is about Gog attacking God’s people

KF
    Participant

Hi Simon, I want to ask my friend about this, can you tell me the name of this study.

Simon
    Participant

I don't remember, I just remember them talking about the King of the North a lot.

KF
    Participant

if any x-/member remembers this study, can you please share, thanks!

Sally
    Participant

Simon wrote:

So I finally got around to reading the prophecy about the King of the North in Daniel 11 in full context

Church of God teaches that the King of the North is North of Jerusalem and therefore as Mother is "spiritual Jerusalem" the last days fulfillment would be north of Mother IE North Korea.

BUT even if Mother were "spiritual Jerusalem"  the prophecy would not work as they explain it… 

Daniel 11:2 clearly shows they are talking about the persian empire until its defeat by Greece.

11:3 is clearly talking about Alexander the Great until his down fall and its subsequent split into four parts. The applicable kingdoms being Ptolmaic Egypt to the south and Selucid Empire (Syria) to the North. So this prophecy is about the Kingdom north of Egypt not Jerusalem.

There is no country the Church of God uses as "spiritual egypt" they use  Revelation 11:8 to claim that Spiritual Egypt is the sinful world so what would north of that be? 

Any last days interpretation of Daniel 11 with their definitions for spiritual Egypt is pretty much impossible. And the claim North of Jerusalem is false (as Israel was part of both Kingdoms at one time or another neither position can be relative to Jerusalem.)

Furthermore the King of the South is supposed to attack first in Daniel 11:7 so even if somehow you could make it North of Jerusalem and Jerusalem=Mother South Korea would need to spark WWIII not North Korea using Daniel 11 as a prophecy in such a way.

here's another one, smurf

debbiedowner
    Participant

They say you can’t read chapters in full. You have to go to different verses in the bible in order to understand the prophecy.

MountainMom
    Participant

You know DD,  who are THEY to tell you how you should read God's word?  Why do you think you have to do what THEY say in reference to your individual relationship with God? 

I know that it is their practice to "cherry pick" verses, but their reasoning is completely self serving.  In my opinion, you should read the Bible as an individual, not be told by men how to read it.  Pray for guidance from God if you feel you need it, but don't listen to these men who simply want control of you and will stoop to using the Bible to get it.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.