The comments honestly sound like

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

This article was originally posted on WMSCOG vs Ji Won Tak – Court Case  and has been moved here for further discussion:

Renita says:

The comments honestly sound like the people who crucified Jesus saying, "If you are God, then free yourself from our hands." However, Jesus didn’t do anything, yet, many people believe that He is God who even testified Himself to be God. It looks like He lost against humans 2,000 years ago. Who’s to say He won’t lose to humans again? Serious question: Do any of you believe Jesus is God? If so, why didn’t He do anything when He was being crucified?

Simon
    Participant

Actually remember how was Abrahams heir determined? Father or Mother?

Simon
    Participant

Actually remember how was Abrahams heir determined? Father or Mother?

genny
    Participant

Jesus is in David's family line by both Mary and Joseph.  Christians believe Joseph wasn't His actual, biological father, but it does satisfy the requirement whichever direction you were to look.

genny
    Participant

Jesus is in David's family line by both Mary and Joseph.  Christians believe Joseph wasn't His actual, biological father, but it does satisfy the requirement whichever direction you were to look.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Abraham's heir was determined by God's will. God's will was that his heir would be born of both Abraham & Sarah. I don't agree with the COG when they say that the heir was determined by the mother. Had Sarah given birth to a son through a different man, would that son be the heir? No. Because God said, "Through Abraham & Sarah." Also, why is it that the Jews say they are Abraham's offspring if the heirs are determined through Sarah? Why not say, "I am Sarah's offspring"?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Abraham's heir was determined by God's will. God's will was that his heir would be born of both Abraham & Sarah. I don't agree with the COG when they say that the heir was determined by the mother. Had Sarah given birth to a son through a different man, would that son be the heir? No. Because God said, "Through Abraham & Sarah." Also, why is it that the Jews say they are Abraham's offspring if the heirs are determined through Sarah? Why not say, "I am Sarah's offspring"?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Also, Ishmael is Abraham's offspring but he doesn't count as God's people. From what the COG taught me, the blood line of anyone is recorded in the bible only if they are God's people, heirs. I haven't seen Ishmael's line of decendants but if it is there, show me the verses.

Kind of off topic but still about the bible.. I stumbled across this website a while ago. Someone took the meaning of every man's name in the list of decendants from Adam, Abraham, etc. & a complete paragraph was formed. Have you heard or seen of this?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Also, Ishmael is Abraham's offspring but he doesn't count as God's people. From what the COG taught me, the blood line of anyone is recorded in the bible only if they are God's people, heirs. I haven't seen Ishmael's line of decendants but if it is there, show me the verses.

Kind of off topic but still about the bible.. I stumbled across this website a while ago. Someone took the meaning of every man's name in the list of decendants from Adam, Abraham, etc. & a complete paragraph was formed. Have you heard or seen of this?

Simon
    Participant

See Genesis 25:12-18

Simon
    Participant

See Genesis 25:12-18

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I read the verses you gave me. What happened to Nebaoith?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I read the verses you gave me. What happened to Nebaoith?

genny
    Participant

Keyword searches are very handy.  I looked up Nebaioth on biblegateway.com.  He's mentioned in these 5 chapters:

Genesis 25, 28, and 36; 1 Chronicles 1; and Isaiah 60

genny
    Participant

Keyword searches are very handy.  I looked up Nebaioth on biblegateway.com.  He's mentioned in these 5 chapters:

Genesis 25, 28, and 36; 1 Chronicles 1; and Isaiah 60

Love'n Honey
    Participant

So, either I misunderstood what I was told or the COG simply lied.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

So, either I misunderstood what I was told or the COG simply lied.

Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

… or the COG simply lied.

Wouldn't be the first time.

Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

… or the COG simply lied.

Wouldn't be the first time.

Simon
    Participant

Or a specific member lied or misunderstood

Simon
    Participant

Or a specific member lied or misunderstood

Viewing 20 replies - 101 through 120 (of 145 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.