The comments honestly sound like

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

This article was originally posted on WMSCOG vs Ji Won Tak – Court Case  and has been moved here for further discussion:

Renita says:

The comments honestly sound like the people who crucified Jesus saying, "If you are God, then free yourself from our hands." However, Jesus didn’t do anything, yet, many people believe that He is God who even testified Himself to be God. It looks like He lost against humans 2,000 years ago. Who’s to say He won’t lose to humans again? Serious question: Do any of you believe Jesus is God? If so, why didn’t He do anything when He was being crucified?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I'm having trouble understanding your question. The 2 verses give different time lengths of how long K. David reigned. In one it says 40 years, in another it says 40 years 6 months. Those 2 verses aren't exact.

My issue is, which of these is prophecy? Arguement: K. David reigned 40 years in 2 parts. Christ must preach 40 years in 2 parts. The COG teaches that Jesus did 3 in the 1st part & Ahnsahnghong did 37 in the 2nd part. That's fulfilling the prophecy. But, other's are saying it should be exact. Since K. David did 7 years in the 1st part & 33 years in the 2nd, Christ should do the same.

My arguement: K. David reigned 40.5 years if we are to be as exact as the Scripture will allow us. But he also reigned 40 years. Which verse are we using as prophecy? How do we know which one to choose? If the numbers matter so much, then the 6 months ought to matter as well.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I'm having trouble understanding your question. The 2 verses give different time lengths of how long K. David reigned. In one it says 40 years, in another it says 40 years 6 months. Those 2 verses aren't exact.

My issue is, which of these is prophecy? Arguement: K. David reigned 40 years in 2 parts. Christ must preach 40 years in 2 parts. The COG teaches that Jesus did 3 in the 1st part & Ahnsahnghong did 37 in the 2nd part. That's fulfilling the prophecy. But, other's are saying it should be exact. Since K. David did 7 years in the 1st part & 33 years in the 2nd, Christ should do the same.

My arguement: K. David reigned 40.5 years if we are to be as exact as the Scripture will allow us. But he also reigned 40 years. Which verse are we using as prophecy? How do we know which one to choose? If the numbers matter so much, then the 6 months ought to matter as well.

genny
    Participant

Numbers often get rounded in the Bible.  In this case, 40 1/2 years was rounded to 40.  I don't think we need to be too exact.

But, I don't believe either of these is meant to be prophecy– the 30 & 40 or the split.

If you look through the Bible at what it means to "sit on David's throne" it doesn't have anything to do with the number of years. 

I wrote about it in detail on my blog:

part 1–http://encountering-ahnsahnghong.blogspot.com/2010/04/examining-prophecies-davids-throne-part.html

and part 2–http://encountering-ahnsahnghong.blogspot.com/2010/04/examining-prophecies-davids-throne-part_17.html

genny
    Participant

Numbers often get rounded in the Bible.  In this case, 40 1/2 years was rounded to 40.  I don't think we need to be too exact.

But, I don't believe either of these is meant to be prophecy– the 30 & 40 or the split.

If you look through the Bible at what it means to "sit on David's throne" it doesn't have anything to do with the number of years. 

I wrote about it in detail on my blog:

part 1–http://encountering-ahnsahnghong.blogspot.com/2010/04/examining-prophecies-davids-throne-part.html

and part 2–http://encountering-ahnsahnghong.blogspot.com/2010/04/examining-prophecies-davids-throne-part_17.html

Simon
    Participant

Of course it is a prophecy (even if Jesus were not the fulfillment) it is written by a prophet Isaiah as a prophecy.

Simon
    Participant

Of course it is a prophecy (even if Jesus were not the fulfillment) it is written by a prophet Isaiah as a prophecy.

genny
    Participant

loocpoc wrote:

renita.payno wrote:

Will you give examples of sacrifices made by Christians?

Shall we start with Jesus sacrficing the 2 doves?

When did that happen?

loocpoc wrote:

Also Jesus never sat on a throne nor did King David ever preach… So the idea that its prophecy is assinine.

Christians interpret this as Jesus being from David's family line and ruling over God's kingdom.

shimon wrote:

What verses are you thinking of?

genny
    Participant

loocpoc wrote:

renita.payno wrote:

When did that happen?

loocpoc wrote:

Also Jesus never sat on a throne nor did King David ever preach… So the idea that its prophecy is assinine.

Christians interpret this as Jesus being from David's family line and ruling over God's kingdom.

shimon wrote:

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

loocpoc wrote:

renita.payno wrote:

When did that happen?

loocpoc wrote:

shimon wrote:

Isaiah 9:6-7

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

loocpoc wrote:

renita.payno wrote:

When did that happen?

loocpoc wrote:

shimon wrote:

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

shimon wrote:

Yes, the prophecy is that Jesus will "reign on David's throne" but that has nothing to do with being baptised at 30 years old and reigning for 40 years (no matter what the split).

It means that He will be a ruler/king (God's kingdom) and He will be of the family line of David.

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

shimon wrote:

Yes, the prophecy is that Jesus will "reign on David's throne" but that has nothing to do with being baptised at 30 years old and reigning for 40 years (no matter what the split).

It means that He will be a ruler/king (God's kingdom) and He will be of the family line of David.

Simon
    Participant

I was responding to Loocpocs claim Isaiah 9:6-7 wasn't a prophecy at all.

Simon
    Participant

I was responding to Loocpocs claim Isaiah 9:6-7 wasn't a prophecy at all.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

genny wrote:

shimon wrote:

shimon wrote:

But, Jesus wasn't from the line of David. He came from God the Father & Mary. That confuses me a lot.. How is Jesus claimed to be from David when He wasn't?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

genny wrote:

shimon wrote:

shimon wrote:

But, Jesus wasn't from the line of David. He came from God the Father & Mary. That confuses me a lot.. How is Jesus claimed to be from David when He wasn't?

Simon
    Participant

He is from David through Mary

Simon
    Participant

He is from David through Mary

Love'n Honey
    Participant

But the blood line isn't recorded through the females, only through the males with the exception of Ruth.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

But the blood line isn't recorded through the females, only through the males with the exception of Ruth.

Viewing 20 replies - 81 through 100 (of 145 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.