The Bible: There are problems with different translations.

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

Even though it has been addressed before there are different versions of the Bible. Right now there is a conversation going on in the home section of this website. The main jist of conversation is the attempt to validate the NIV version as accurate. I don't often put an absolute personal oppinion about subjects because I don't want my oppinion to overly influence others discovery of the truth. I am going to give my oppinion about the NIV and feel free to agree or disagree. From my point of view the NIV stands for notoriously invalid version. Not many translations gain this kind of acclaim from me. The NIV is much easier to read and understand than some of the other versions however, a simple Google search brings up a laundry list of errors and omissions contained within the NIV. Oddly enough, most religious cult like groups choose to use this version as their official Bible and often times request that their members use this one and do away with all others. 

Proponents of the NIV will argue that nothing has been removed from the NIV and that the scriptures that are no longer in the text where they origionally were are now in the footnotes at the bottom of the page. I have often stated that you need to do your own research. Don't let someone spoon feed you what they think you should believe. In my efforts to learn more about this I've discovered over twenty eight pages of errors and omissions from the NIV. Some of these are referenced in the footnotes but for the amount of errors overall I will say that this version of the Bible has been taken away from. A lot of what is left has also been reworded in such a way that the meaning has been altered. Sorry folks but once again I believe that this version is a load of P/O/O/P!

If you're wondering I most often use the New King James Version NKJV. This version also has problems so please don't start in on me with this kind of thing. Even though I use this version most often my personal Bible contains the NIV, KJV, NASB, and the Amplified Bible. My NKJV is separate and I often have both Bibles open at the same time and cross reference them while I study. The most difficult for me is the KJV which also happens to be the most accurate translation that we currently have. Did you know that we really do not have and origional documents of the Bible? Just a little footnote for you. We have the Dead Sea Scrolls as far as anything we can reference the accuracy of our Bible with and so far the KJV is as close as we get.

Please do some research on your own. A simple Google search of something like KJV vs. NIV will give you a lot to start with. Know the truth for yourself. Don't take my word or anybody elses word for it! Be convinced in your own mind as the book of Romans puts it.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.