Should I Tell Them That I'm Leaving?

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    icecake76
    Participant

I left the church in April, but i never had a chance to tell them. Should i just keep ignoring them or tell them the honest truth?

Thank you-

much love

sunshine
    Participant

Hi Icecake76, you should do what your heart feels like doing. I tell you this because at the end we were all there because of the faith that was built. At one point we were all in your shoes in which many of us even guessed if what we were doing was the correct thing . And if I or anyone tells you in this forum don’t go back or don’t talk to them and tell them that you are leaving…. I wouldn’t like for you to feel even more confused. Some suggestions can be made or maybe what many of us did and what worked for us can be given to you so that you can determine you would like to do.

For instance when I left, I was a group leader. The day I decided to leave I left with a broken heart indeed. Because of the time I spent there ( 4 years of my life) all the great people I met etc. But I knew that if I was leaving there was no going back . I was completely convinced that unfortunately this church was a scam. I didn’t want for anyone to even try to convince me other wise. I already knew deep inside what this was all about. After I left, they went to my job and to my house, the prideful old Pastor who never ever everrrrr called me or barely spoke to me in all the time I was there, even called me. When I decided I was out I really meant it. I said goodbye for good. Ever since 4 years has passed and I must say I haven’t felt more blessed. The only reason I come to this forum is not because I need support its because I want to be a support for members like you who debate was is the best thing to do.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

IceCake76 I would say the best answer lies within. If your totally on thr fence and unsure, here are your options;

1.Not say anything, BUT, be prepared for thr uncertainty if WHEN the calls and visits will stop (and the anxiety that comes with that)

2.Tell them, and mean it. Tell them frankly, and if they call again you have to get very very firm.

When I left, I reached out to an Exmember who had made a touching Youtube video. I wanted to know if the lies and discrepancies I was told were true and if others were told them. Being that the exmember had been in longer, the source of alot of WMS culture came to light. But I was super convinced at that point.

Joshua
    Participant

I was never a member so please understand that as you read this. When my loved one was leaving this group I was able to find her some outside help and some ex-members to talk to and share experiences with. She was encouraged to write a letter explaining that she no longer believed what the WMSCOG was teaching and that she wished to be left alone. This was mailed to the local Zion as well as the one that first introduced her to these teachings. Most of the text and emails stopped rather quickly. The phone calls took a little longer to stop. Every so often a member will try and make contact but most of the time they hit the voicemail and do not leave a message. On the flip side I've gotten to talk to a couple of current member because they tried to call the house. It's been interesting.

Brian Taylor
    Participant

Much of what UTJ said is spot on. You can either ignore them and expect text messages, phone calls, house visits and maybe even work drop ins with the intention of love bombing. Or you can firmly tell them to leave you alone, but one thing I would add is to be firm with conviction. Meaning do not give them the chance to love bomb you with "bredder/sistah we miss you sooo much, mudder is sad" and do not let them show you and bible verses, UCC space videos or ask you any rhetorical questions. Firmmmmmmm.

Abhigail Delema
    Participant

Even if you do or don't tell them they will spoil your name like satan took over you,you will be called Judas a cheater or a robber.You will be falsely accused anyways.They will tell members not to talk to you The.Bottom line is you will not regret,you will be very happy outside that place,like a free bird and whatever you hear or what the cult says will not make any difference to you. You will hear stories like mudder said you will come back,don't cancell his/her name.Ha ha ha.

Brian Taylor
    Participant

Abhigail Delema wrote:

Even if you do or don't tell them they will spoil your name like satan took over you,you will be called Judas a cheater or a robber.You will be falsely accused anyways.They will tell members not to talk to you The.Bottom line is you will not regret,you will be very happy outside that place,like a free bird and whatever you hear or what the cult says will not make any difference to you. You will hear stories like mudder said you will come back,don't cancell his/her name.Ha ha ha.

Very good point. Expect to lose a few friends.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.