Selling items to open a New Cult

• Creator
    Topic
    Felicia1122
    Participant

So get this. My sister says her “church” is having a yard sell to help open a new “church”. Tell me why on earth would a place with hardly any members open up a new place when they are “supposedly” struggling themselves? Tell me how on earth is a yard sell going to open a new cult? Also its in another city. With the money the have you know they already bought the place and just having them sell their items to keep the money or send it to Korea. Smdh!!!

Smurf
    Participant

When I read the title i thought you were opening a cult and i was like… she can't do that, she signed a non-compete! ๐Ÿ˜€

Seriously, why not attach an NCC to the NDA? This way we can be 100% sure the WMS is purely about business. I'd be surprised if they were selling anything that belongs to the deacons or pastors. Gotta milk the members and get some of that green "fragrance" ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Father Ahn Sahng Hong?? More like father Benjamin. Cause this is the god they worship.

Felicia1122
    Participant

Right! The situation is just sad.

Anonymous
    Inactive

IMO – Just another way for them to have the members sell of their personal "earthly" belongings only to turn the money over to them.  ๐Ÿ™

Azula
    Participant

Smurf wrote:

…More like father Benjamin. Cause this is the god they worship.

LMAO!

I ask yet again; If the end is so near why are they selling their eartlhy possessions? Because according to the cult the earth will be destroyed in about 3 weeks time on the 23rd of September. It's end of the Jubilee or something so why must folks give them more money? For what?

MountainMom
    Participant

Just wanted to bump this up since the wms is opening new churches all over.  Let's do the math.  They say they have 2,000,000 members (which they always exaggerate) so let's say they only have 1,000,000.  Even the poorest members who earn minimum wage can be expected to give at least an average of $400 per month.  Most members with professional jobs give way more than that, and I know people who give at least $1,000 per month out of their take home pay.   Anyway, let's just say they only give $400 per month on average for discussion's sake.  That folks, is $400,000,000 per month, over a billion collected in just three months.  But members have to have yard sales to fund new churches?  And their pastors say they can't afford health insurance?  What?  And they have to have all kinds of envelopes for "extra giving" and members get told how much the utilities, etc, are so that they will be guilted into giving more?

Members, consider this:  All the money is tax exempt.  There is literally NO OVERHEAD on any of this money.  You pay for the meals that are prepared there, do free slave labor for maintenance and any building projects there, and even buy the toilet paper for the bathrooms.  All for a "product" (salvation)  that can never be proven to be delivered.  In fact, there is proof, backed up by the Bible, that this group is led by false prophets.  Rich false prophets, by the way, obviously.  And there is no transparency about where the money goes and how it is used.  Sometimes they throw up a picture of something they have donated, but it is for obvious public relations purposes, in my opinion. If they gave $100,000 when the disaster in Haiti occurred and took a picture of Joo Cheol Kim doing it, didn't they actually just give a pittance if they get an estimated $400,000,000 per month, maybe more?  Why not give $400,000,000 if it is possibly only one month's collection?  Okay, then why not a mere $10,000,000?  It really is no skin off the nose of J.C. Kim.  I think the reason $100,000 was given is because then they have "plausible deniability."  They have a photo op, and they can appear to be magnanimous.  Advertising on Times Square billboards costs more.  And it can appear that they are helping people with the money.  However, Haiti was one the biggest natural disaster of the decade and they gave only a pittance of what they collect?  If they collect and say that they help people, then where is the money going to help?  I hear that it is discouraged for members to help even other members in need.  If charity doesn't begin at home, then where?  All of the figures here are guesses on my part.  I have no way of giving a solid amount because the members don't even get transparency, and I'm not a member. 

setufree
    Participant

Mountainmom brings up so many valid points.

For any existing member out there that reads this forum (I know there's alot of you).  Please think outside the box about your tithes and offerings and the pressure that you may feel to give to F&M.  This time of year is the feasts, where you are working hard to give more and more. 

Consider everything that was posted above, you are giving throughout all the feasts to please F&M, but have you ever considered or even looked into at least getting a balance sheet (which if it is a true church) should be more than happy to let you look at.  It should show what your tithes are being used for, charitable donations, volunteer programs, church transportation i.e. vans for preaching, food, gas etc.

That being said, why on earth would such a humble church be using a 1200 dollar camera in all their photos.  Canon mark III's are like the top of the line, i.e. most fashion photographers shoot with a Mark III.  In my opinion that's wasteful spending for a non profit "church".  Open your eyes brothers and sisters.

The link provided shows the image origin and what equipment is used for pictures for wmscog.

http://plus.google.com/103998078716664935774/posts/dJFZcLUR6oF?pid=6160465239007691458&oid=113646124174508648311

Abhigail Delema
    Participant

Here in India mumbai zion our brothers were told not to play soccer, they use to go every sunday morning on the beach to play in the year 2011.The reason given was one of the decon factured his leg and was not able to go preaching so mother said not to play soccer.When the brothers requested the pastor saying we will be careful while playing ,he said we must obey mothers words and the brothers stopped playing and now i am surprised to see the pictures to see how cleverly we were tricked here back in India and happy to have left that cult seeing the way they change their teaching and words.

Azula
    Participant

Abhigail Delema wrote:

Here in India mumbai zion our brothers were told not to play soccer, they use to go every sunday morning on the beach to play in the year 2011.The reason given was one of the decon factured his leg and was not able to go preaching so mother said not to play soccer.When the brothers requested the pastor saying we will be careful while playing ,he said we must obey mothers words and the brothers stopped playing and now i am surprised to see the pictures to see how cleverly we were tricked here back in India and happy to have left that cult seeing the way they change their teaching and words.

As it has been said here on many ocassions mama z is just a figure head but she controls nothing. The Korean puppet master just invokes the spell "mother says…" as a means of mind control. Because those are the only words he needs to say to get the members to comply to any and all instruction because the memebers will never question anything if the instruction came from mama z. However should it be revealed that the random instruction came from the pastor members might question the pastors decision and intent, so as means of making sure his authority is unqestuinable he invokes the spell of "mother says".

In my case it was all too evident that most of the Korean seniors, and increasingly over time the locals as well, were all on a serious power trip and enjoyed the control they wielded over the members and would become livid when their authority was questioned or someone didn't comply. They'd then start shaming you by saying you're arrogant or are becoming worldly or you've talking to the devil etc…

genny
    Participant

setufree wrote:

The link provided shows the image origin and what equipment is used for pictures for wmscog.

http://plus.google.com/103998078716664935774/posts/dJFZcLUR6oF?pid=6160465239007691458&oid=113646124174508648311

I clicked your link and looked at other posts from the wmscog on google +.

There are not only pictures from Father's Day, but Mother's Day events got lots of posts and photos.  What happened to not celebrating manmade holidays?

Informatin about Father's Day: <font size=”2″>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father%27s_Day</font&gt;

Informatin about Mother's Day: <font size=”2″>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day_(United_States)</font&gt;

The wmscog always talks about only celebrating those days commanded by God in the Bible, and not manmade traditions like Christmas.  Is Father's Day in the Bible?  Is Mother's Day in the Bible?  Here in the United States, they were started in the early 1900s, manmade (or womanmade) traditions.

MountainMom
    Participant

genny wrote:

setufree wrote:

I clicked your link and looked at other posts from the wmscog on google +.

There are not only pictures from Father's Day, but Mother's Day events got lots of posts and photos.  What happened to not celebrating manmade holidays?

Informatin about Father's Day: <font size="2">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father%27s_Day</font&gt;

Informatin about Mother's Day: <font size="2">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day_(United_States)</font&gt;

The wmscog always talks about only celebrating those days commanded by God in the Bible, and not manmade traditions like Christmas.  Is Father's Day in the Bible?  Is Mother's Day in the Bible?  Here in the United States, they were started in the early 1900s, manmade (or womanmade) traditions.

More contradictions.  So many teachings that show inconsistency in a group that is so supposedly hard line.  On their calendar from 2014 with all the pictures of "Mother" and so on, I noticed that they have all kinds of man made holidays on it such as Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Flag Day, and even Columbus Day for goodness sake!  But it was so wierd becaue they had all these man made holidays and yet no notation or mention of Passover at all, their holy of holies.  The feasts weren't on there either.  Why all the man made holidays on their propaganda like calendar, but no mention of the holidays they revere?  Just plain wierd and contradictory.

Anonymous
    Inactive

…  Just plain wierd and contradictory.

Well that pretty much sums up WMSCOG "theology".

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.