SABBATH APPOINTED TIME

• Creator
    Topic
    WHOAMI
    Participant

I can see through the bible that before Jesus the Jews celebrated the sabbath, and obviously they where celebrating it at the appointed time.  What i need to know is at what point the time change, are we at wms really keeping the sabbath.  The deacon says the Jews are keeping it wrong, that the command says Remember the sabbath day not the sabbath hour, which makes sense, BUT how can i verify this, as far as I'm concern, Jesus followed the same sabbath as the Jews, so where did it change and why? Deacon also says that preparation day is friday, therefore that proves the Jews are wrong, because they start the sabbath friday evening.

Simon
    Participant

In my studdying the Hebrew Sunset theory really does not make sense.

This does not make WMC correct Jews do keep a 24 hour Sabbath WMC keeps just 12 hoursish.

The Jews base their interpretation, while to me completely in an off the wall fashion, consistently. I don't accept "because authorities say so" as a valid argument, the Talmud, Midrash, Mishnah, Catholic Catechisms and many other things are a testimony as to how awfuly wrong it can all go.

When God gave the Israelites the Torah 3500 years ago he did not give them any guide of interpretation which means clearly he expected them to understand Torah just by plain understanding of the text. Plain reading of the text seems to imply morning as the begining of the day which by that rendoring neither Jews nor WMC follows.

Jews do it from sunset friday to sunset saturday

WMC from Saturday morning to saturday evening

So I would say between them Jews are closer to keeping the Sabbath DAY because although they define a day different they still do it by their definition of day for a day on the seventh day.

Simon
    Participant

I believe God will forgive consistent error over inconsistent hypocrisy any time.

WHOAMI
    Participant

WOW! if this is the case then we are all doomed, no one is keeping the SABBATH COMMAND.  This is the reason I am still at this church, because they kept sabbath and all the feast, but if we are keeping it all at the wrong time then I don't know, who to believe in anymore, but i do know in my heart that some where out there is GOD'S TRUE CHURCH. Maybe it has not been established yet, and we all had to go through the wms for a reason.  I will not let them or any other religion make me loose my faith in JESUS.  Now i now why it's only 144,000 that make it alive, i wish i knew one of them, so they can guide me. Thank you Shimon for your reply.

Simon
    Participant

God puts faith above everything. God still loved those who they broke his law because Faith ALWAYS trumps law.

Joshua
    Participant

Here’s where I believe it really matters. Jesus and his followers met and worshipped on Sundays after the resurrection. With a new covenant comes new expectations. Jesus followed the law before his sacrifice because he had to in order to be the perfect sacrifice. Afterwards the curse of the law was replaced by Gods grace. In Galatians Paul writes that we no longer cling to the old ways. The keeping of times and days. Those who keep one of the laws must keep all of the laws. This is impossible for us! The law condemns us while the grace of God sets us free. Even the veil teaching has no validity under Gods grace. Paul’s words were, “We have no such custom.” Keeping the will of God has everything to do with the heart of God and following Gods will. If all a person is doing is following a prescribed checklist of do’s and don’ts I don’t think that they understand the Love and Grace of God.

Simon
    Participant

I Cor 11 is translated in many ways some translations say we have no other customs some say we have no such custom how do we know which is more accurate?

Joshua
    Participant

I can see the confusion with these two translations however, where’s Gods heart on the matter? Does the translation put you in bondage or free you? Even with the veil it states judge for yourself. At the time it was written a woman wearing a veil was a sign of being spoken for. Also women who were of easy virtue or a prostitute didn’t wear veils usually. A woman not wearing a veil at that time could have been viewed as being offensive to her father, family, and/or husband. These days obviously we don’t do things like this in our society. Another such custom that is dead and gone is the chastity belt. At one time it was expected but now it’s not. God wants us loving him and loving each other at all times not at specified times. How does he love us? The same way he wants us to love each other. Unconditionally.

Simon
    Participant

I read an article about how as the Church got more lax about veil wearing the entire sense of human morality went down along with it at the same time. (This was some Catholic Guys thesis he wrote) Also, the idea of a man must be uncovered is contrary to customs of the time so the idea of it being cultural doesn't really fly with me.

But regardless of the veil WMSCOG does not stand on the veil alone so there are more important foundations that need to be exposed as false.

Joshua
    Participant

I agree with you for the most part. The reason why I bring up things like this is because to someone it could be the final things that brings them out of bondage and into truth. I’m not trying to offend just trying to help if I can. I hope everyone understands my intentions.

Joshua
    Participant

I would be interested to read this thesis about the veil. Could you PM me the information?

WHOAMI
    Participant

JOSHUA SAID: Here's where I believe it really matters. Jesus and his followers met and worshipped on Sundays after the resurrection. With a new covenant comes new expectations. Jesus followed the law before his sacrifice because he had to in order to be the perfect sacrifice. Afterwards the curse of the law was replaced by Gods grace. In Galatians Paul writes that we no longer cling to the old ways. The keeping of times and days. Those who keep one of the laws must keep all of the laws. This is impossible for us! The law condemns us while the grace of God sets us free. Even the veil teaching has no validity under Gods grace. Paul's words were, "We have no such custom." Keeping the will of God has everything to do with the heart of God and following Gods will. If all a person is doing is following a prescribed checklist of do's and don'ts I don't think that they understand the Love and Grace of God

I understand what your pointing out Joshua, and at one point i also saw it that way, but let me show you what i learned.  There are 2 laws in the bible, the law of Moses, and the law of Christ.

The law of moses was nailed to the cross, but the reality is found in Jesus new covenant. see COLOSSIANS 2:13-17 & 1CORNINTHIANS 9:20 & remember JESUS came to fullfill not to abolish the law, MATTHEW 5:17 & 1CORN 5:7 hope this helps you, please read the verses, it makes sense.  There are more verses to this if you want them. By the way Galatians is talking about the law of Moses (this is the old ways, the scarifing of a lamb, the old yeast) not of Christ which is the new covenant,( the new batch without yeast)  The bread of sincerity and truth.  The Passover, which = bread & wine= Jesus body & blood= eternal life.

WHOAMI
    Participant

ok Loocpoc, apparently you believe Shimon & wms are wrong, so can you please tell me what is the appointed time for the sabbath, as you already know wmc keeps 3 services 9, 3, 8 within a 12 hour period.  Shimon says Jewish keep it sunset friday to sunset saturday. What do you say?

Simon
    Participant

The Bible clearly says Erev was AFTER the events of day one

Simon
    Participant

God Called the Light Day (event) and the darkness he called night (next event) there was setting (not evening as is an inccorect translation) (next event) and there was morning (next event) one day 

Simon
    Participant

no it does not clearly say that it clearly says there was SETTING and morning it does not say that was the definition of a day

Simon
    Participant

Erev means setting not.after.sunset

Rexona
    Participant

As an answer to this I heard in wmscog about Lev 23:26-32 it's about how the day of atonement is on 10th day of 7th month. Then it's written in verse 32 that it is a sabbath of rest, from evening of 9th day to next evening. Their argument was that if day is from evening to evening then we keep the day of atonement in 9th day. If day is from morning to morning, we can keep it on both days.

Simon
    Participant

You cannot define Christian doctrine with any more authority than wmscog

Rexona
    Participant

loocpoc wrote:

Basically the day before Yom Kippur, it is to be a day of rest. I do not work at all like almost all jews. So if Yom Kippur is on a Wed, I do not work on the Tuesday before and almost all jewish places are shut down. However WMSCOG is incorrect. Currently the day begins at midnight.

Also WMSCOG does not follow the regulations as set forth in Yom Kippur (which were never changed) because they do not fast which is apart of the sabbath and is a requirement.

Thanks, I was actually looking for an answer to that. In the verse it said that day of atonement (10th) is the sabbath of rest on 9th, so it was really confusing. I guess it's translation error or I just understand it wrongly?

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.