Rice cakes and Wine?

• Creator
    Topic
    donttrustzang
    Participant

I remember attending this church, and one thing that stands out, is how we would make fun of the mormons. The mormons cant drink soda or alcoholic bevarges, so they dont use bread and wine, i think its bread and juice or something… But point is…

The society uses ricecake NOT bread!!… Where is that in the bible? When did jesus take ricecake and say this is my flesh?

Ricecake is not bread.

thankyou.

king34
    Participant

SO YOUR SAYING THAT JESUS SERVED THE PASSOVER WITH RICE CAKE ? BECAUSE IN ALL THE PICS i HAVE SEEN AND ALL THE DOCUMENTARIES SHOW REGULAR BREAD NOT THAT WHITE SUBSTACE THEY FEED YOU

Simon
    Participant

that's a strawman argument

KF
    Participant

this is what i found,

http://youtu.be/oMz4t12DIGQ

is this what you guys get?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

king34 wrote:

I must agree with donttrustzang that looks like rice cake. You have to think. Back in the days of jesus bread was made out of flour or wheat not rice. So for them to be very strict on some rules like feet washing and wearing veils , but then not use the right ingredients per say , its just very hypocrite of them. The same with woman wearing pants. One time I asked them about that. and they say that woman can wear pants because that rule does not affect your salvation. but isint all rules and commandment lead to salvation? lol just a thought

I don't understand this "rule" about pants.

genny
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

king34 wrote:

I must agree with donttrustzang that looks like rice cake. You have to think. Back in the days of jesus bread was made out of flour or wheat not rice. So for them to be very strict on some rules like feet washing and wearing veils , but then not use the right ingredients per say , its just very hypocrite of them. The same with woman wearing pants. One time I asked them about that. and they say that woman can wear pants because that rule does not affect your salvation. but isint all rules and commandment lead to salvation? lol just a thought

I don't understand this "rule" about pants.

There is a verse (Deut. 22:5) that says women are not to wear men's clothing, nor are men to wear women's clothing.  That's usually the verse used by churches where all the women wear only skirts or dresses (or those pants/shorts that look like skirts, culottes?)

And the wmscog has said that ALL commands, no matter how insignificant they may seem, are necessary for salvation.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Ok, who decides what's wo/men's clothing?

KF
    Participant

donttrustzang wrote:

no, the chewy white rectangle they eat is not bread but made from rice. Its a type of "korean bread" but in korea they substitute rice for bread. Same deal with that chewy gross "relization bread"

http://youtu.be/oMz4t12DIGQ this is the rice bread you are speaking of Donttrustzang, what's the other bread, RELIZATION BREAD????

donttrustzang wrote:

Bread is bread… RICE makes it RICE CAKE. it is not bread…. it is a RICECAKE.. Jesus never used ricecake. Btw im being strict on this point only because they are just as strict when it comes to something they want to prove in the bible. (expecially when they call out other groups)

So what your saying is, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that the passover bread should be made of flour but without yeast like the MATZOS.

Therefore by them substituting rice for bread, it totally changes the concept of Jesus body which is the bread.

So then they are not really consuming Jesus body when they eat the passover bread???(rice bread)

genny
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

Ok, who decides what's wo/men's clothing?

That is a reasonable question. 🙂  It varies by culture.

Anyway, if the wmscog acknowledged this command, and said that it doesn't matter because it "doesn't affect salvation" then that's hypocritical.  If they acknowledged the command but said pants can be considered women's clothing, then that would be more reasonable.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Totally agree Genny.

genny
    Participant

I think the pants issue is not really related to the thread topic, but it does show that the wmscog is not consistent with what commands need to be kept.

MountainMom
    Participant

Along with this rice cakes thing; my relative was very strict about how we were to make the unleavened bread to eat for Passover if we were not there.  There wasn't any rice in there, that's for sure.  Everything had to be just so. 

Love'n Honey
    Participant

We almost had to make the PO bread when we thought we were going to be out to sea for the PO. I will have to agree that rice was not an ingredient. But I want to know… if the PO bread is unleavened and the unleavened bread on the next day is unleavened, why is it different?

donttrustzang
    Participant

100 % sure that southern california ate rice cakes on PO this year. @ KF  exactly what i meen. They say mormons do not eat it correctly because there is no wine. But they dont eat unleavened bread. They eat rice cakes, which is korean tradition not jesus teachings. As for the reliztion "bread" They teach when jesus rose he broke bread with the disciples, and through eating this bread they were able to recognise the christ. But, they use rice cakes instead of bread once again. That is no where to be found in the bible. Therefore, they have never kept the passover of the new covenant according to the bible.

Liberty
    Participant

I understand the point that Don is getting at. I always thought that the PO bread, "looked funny."

I thought it was tasty because I like rice cakes- but that's not the point. It never tasted like real bread. In fact, I saw the market where they would by the bread for Ressurection Day- or whatever it was. They bought it in bulk from a grocery store. It was a rice cake or rice bread.

I agree, they should have used real bread.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I liked it, too. I would always try to get extra not for extra blessing but just because I wanted to eat it.

Sarah2013
    Participant

I agree it wasn’t bad tasting. Almost has a simply taste like boba.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Mmm, thai tea.

Shugyo
    Participant

I ate so much one year I had a stomach ache….haha.  After that I couldn't chow down on it.

Sarah2013
    Participant

I thought they only gave one to each person or are we speaking of something else?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

At first yes, but there's a verse that says leave none 'til morning. After everyone got one, you could go get more. There was one brother on PO who helped the pastor finish all the extra wine and bread. He said he got fairly buzzed when he left Zion. lol.

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.