Revelation & Hallelujah

• Creator
    Topic
    KF
    Participant

@FTOS I decide to move our conversation to a new thread, being that you are having an on going coversation with Emil and Genny and I'm only adding a different conversation to that thread.  So here is our converation  where we started and left off. 

KF

fromtheotherside Is not "hail marry" a catholic thing? do they do it or not? If they do then it's adding, even if they didn't actually write it in the bible, it's adding. So if it's not a catholic thing then I'm mistaken. So you tell me. Do catholics do it or not?

Yes FTOS, I agree! anything outside the bible is adding. Which brings me to question you, why does your church use the prayer of our wishes, instead of OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN, as Jesus said.????

Posted 1 hour ago fromtheotherside

@ KF Was there a new testament when Jesus was on the earth? Then what do you think Jesus were to say, or even his diciples would say, if a Jew came up to them and said, "why do you teach to use father in heaven when that is not in the bible?"

Posted 1 hour ago 

Fromtheotherside

We should do what God commands KF ^^

Posted 1 hour ago 

KF

fromtheotherside

Was there a new testament when Jesus was on the earth? Then what do you think Jesus were to say, or even his diciples would say, if a Jew came up to them and said, "why do you teach to use father in heaven when that is not in the bible?"

No there was no new testament, ok kind of makes sense, but the bible is already written from beginning to end so we must follow what's in it. In this generation we can read it all. there is not going to be a 3rd part to it.

however it was not the age of the HOLY SPIRIT,{ as wms says the age of the Holy Spirit is now}, yet Jesus said

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

If the name of the father was Jehovah and the name of the son Jesus, then what was the name of the Holy Spirit????

My point is what name did they use for the Holy Spirit back then? It's not in the bible.

And why in the book of revelation everyone will praise JEHOVAH.

Posted 1 hour ago

fromtheotherside

Can you tell me about the revelation part and praising Jehovah? I'm not sure where you're exactly talking about KF.

Posted 1 hour ago

fromtheotherside

Actually i don't have the answer for that one, please don't think I have all the answers for our church because then I would be a pastor. ^^ but pls tell me about what you said in revelations.

Posted 1 hour ago 

KF

fromtheotherside

Can you tell me about the revelation part and praising Jehovah? I'm not sure where you're exactly talking about KF.

This is what I'm referring to:

Revelation 19:1

[ Threefold Hallelujah Over Babylon’s Fall ] After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting:“Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God,

Revelation 19:1-3 (in Context) Revelation 19 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations

Revelation 19:3

And again they shouted:“Hallelujah! The smoke from her goes up for ever and ever.”

Revelation 19:2-4 (in Context) Revelation 19

(Whole Chapter) Other Translations

Revelation 19:4

The twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God, who was seated on the throne. And they cried:“Amen, Hallelujah!”

Revelation 19:3-5 (in Context) Revelation 19 (Whole Chapter) 

Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:“Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns.

(in Context) (Whole Chapter) Other Translations

The Meaning Of Hallelujah

Hallelujah” is a word known worldwide, but many don’t really know exactly what it means. If we’re going to use this word, it would be good to use it rightly.

It is two Hebrew words put together. “Hallel“ means to praise, to boast in, to shine forth, to be worthy of praise, and to be commended. “Jah” is a shortened form of “Jehovah“, which means the Self-Existent and Eternal One. Jehovah is the name of the LORD which emphasizes that God Almighty has no beginning or end. He always has been and He always will be LORD God Almighty. There simply is none greater.

When we put the two words together, we are praising the LORD with all our being, because He alone is worthy of being praised for all the great things He has done and continues to do. When we separate the two words, they are translated “Praise the LORD“. If we see the Greek form of the word, we will see “Alleluia“. It means the very same thing.

[Hebrew <tt>lû-yh</tt>, praise Yahweh : <tt>lû</tt>, masculine pl. imperative of <tt>l</tt>, to praise; see <tt>hll</tt> in Semitic roots + <tt>h</tt>, Yahweh; see <tt>hwy</tt> in Semitic roots.]

Posted 1 hour ago KF

@FTOS don't forget about the Holy Spirit question.

Posted 6 minutes ago

Sarah2013
    Participant

Is that a true statement that Ahang’s name is written in the Korean NIV? As in Korean NIV bible? If so, what about the other Christs in Korea, are their names in the Korean NIV too? Or did you say that as a joke.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

She told me that in the Korean NIV, there's a study you can have that will reveal the name of the 2CC. She said it has to do with the Korean characters which is why you won't see it in any other language. But in order to have this study, you must be fluent in Korean. Is Jesus' name in the OT?

Sarah2013
    Participant

I get what you are trying to say. Jesus’ name as we all know is not in the Old Testament. Remember, he is called Emmanuel in the old testament. However, he was prophesied and to prove in the bible that he was the messiah Jesus. I can give you several proof from the Bible. Here is one:

Luke 2:25-38

New International Version (NIV)

25 Now there was a man in Jerusalem called Simeon, who was righteous and devout. He was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was on him. 26 It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not die before he had seen the Lord’s Messiah. 27 Moved by the Spirit, he went into the temple courts. When the parents brought in the child Jesus to do for him what the custom of the Law required, 28 Simeon took him in his arms and praised God, saying:

29 “Sovereign Lord, as you have promised,

you may now dismiss[a] your servant in peace.

30 For my eyes have seen your salvation,

31 which you have prepared in the sight of all nations:

32 a light for revelation to the Gentiles,

and the glory of your people Israel.”

33 The child’s father and mother marveled at what was said about him. 34 Then Simeon blessed them and said to Mary, his mother: “This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against, 35 so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too.”

36 There was also a prophet, Anna, the daughter of Penuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was very old; she had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage, 37 and then was a widow until she was eighty-four. She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying. 38 Coming up to them at that very moment, she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem.

Isaiah 9:6-7 “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever.”

Here is another reference to Jesus:

and Isaiah 7:14 “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.”

and Isaiah 53 “…Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this…..”

There are those who want to believe that the Jesus of the New Testament is not foretold in the Old Testament, however, there are far too many prophecies that Jesus fulfilled for it to be a coincidence. Mathematically, it would not be possible.

who do we think moses was talking to? who do we think came a talked to a lot of the people in the old testament? is this possible?

Yes because Jesus and His Father are not bound by time like we are. also scripture says Jesus created the world and was there watching so that would mean that He was there throughout the old testament. also who is the one who comes between us and God the Father to be our intercessor? is’nt that why Jesus ?

One thing God did with Jesus is prove he is God because of times like these.

Remember the three Hebrew kids in the Old Testament? That angel that appeared in the fire furnace with them, the one called son of man? That was Jesus. So many proofs in the Old Testament alone that points at Jesus.

I see nothing that even points at Ahnsahnghong as being God or the Holy Spirit. The Bible is all the proof we need.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Renita, we are just using Bible to cross check if Jesus is the messiah or not. I hope you understand my intentions here. The problem is some people have created different Christs because they do not see the name of Jesus in the Old Testament. But God is wisdom and made distinct provisions to prove what is what. There is always a sign.

People with wicked hearts do that failing to also bear in mind that God is wiser. This is actually a good question you brought up. I had many questions at the beginning of my Christian faith but for some instinctual reason that wasn’t one. I guess because there were hundreds of proof.

Those who toy with the bible do so because the refuse to see statements of truth. We shouldn’t go by what anyone says but by the Bible. I made my mistakes in the past but know better now.

emil
    Participant

OK FTOS. Right now I am working from a netbook so its hard to look up references. I'll juststick to what I remember off the top of my head.

Gen 1:2 introduces us to the Holy Spirit. You obviously don't need me to tell you that Yahweh was there at the time. There are a whole lot of instances of the Holy Sprit in the OT. Like the HS was upon Elijah, Elisha, David.

Jesus is seen in the form of Melchizedek in Gen 14. The fact that this is Jesus is explained in Hebrews. The wmscog tries to apply it to ASH.

The other big one is John's gospel. Right in the first couple of verses states that the Word (Jesus) was there right from the beginning. You might argue that this is NT not OT but the point is that the verse says Jesus has been there since before creation.

Don't forget Is 61 "The spirit of the Lord is upon me…" which Jesus quotes about himself in Lk 4:16ff

Sarah2013
    Participant

Wmscog takes the bible and makes it fit their intentions. It is very easy to be mislead, if, we are not rooted and grounded in the word daily. That was why I was mislead. I was too caught up in worldly things. So when they came to me, being that I was a believer of the Bible, I succumbed to a lie. I allowed myself to become susceptible to the deceit the Bible warns about.

Satan never comes and says “I’m the devil.” Not at all. He masquerades as something illuminating and will even try to use the very same Word he knows to be true to deceive people. I recently realised that if I don’t buckle up, I won’t make it on the day or our Lord. That’s just part of my story .

KF
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

Check this out. My Miss. said that ASH's name is written in the Korean NIV. How convenient. I'm wondering if a New NT must be written because there's a testiment for the Father and seperate one for the Son. Shouldn't there be one for the HS and Mother? They say no because the NT is from the time of Jesus to the end so there's no need for a 3rd testiment. But so is the OT. They say that Mal talks about the end times, too. The OT is from the beginning to the end. The NT is from Jesus to the end. Why not write a New NT from ASH to the end?

renita.payno wrote:

She told me that in the Korean NIV, there's a study you can have that will reveal the name of the 2CC. She said it has to do with the Korean characters which is why you won't see it in any other language. But in order to have this study, you must be fluent in Korean. Is Jesus' name in the OT?

yeah, sure! only the Koreans get to see the name of 2cc, like you said Renita, how convenient!

Romans 2:11

For God does not show favoritism.

I believe Jesus name is in the OT, but of course we are not going to see it spelled out in english, which is what everyone looks for.  See the link below:

http://www.charismamag.com/spirit/bible-study/15023-finding-jesus-in-the-old-testament

emil
    Participant

nicelink KF

KF
    Participant

emil wrote:

nicelink KF

Thanks Emil, what do you think of these 3, check it out when you get a chance.  For anyone else who really wants to know if Jesus name is in fact in the O.T. read these links, open up your mind to other possibilities that yes  perhaps his name could be in there hidden or stay with the idea in your mind that you will settle for what man has taught you, without even trying to look for the answer on your own, for whatever reason that may be.  God Bless!

http://www.menorah.org/yeshname.html

http://www.plim.org/JesusOrigin.htm

http://carm.org/questions/about-jesus/jesus-name-immanuel-or-jesus

the Hebrew name YESHUA

(Greek = Iesus  English = Jesus) in the Old Testament

Love'n Honey
    Participant

My question 'Is Jesus' name in the OT' was a legitamet* question. I always believed that it was there hidden through definition. Jesus meaning Jehovah saves. That's somewhere in the OT so, technically, Jesus is in the OT. But ASH means big businessman. Lol.. I don't think that's in the OT or the NT.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Ok. I see what you men, Renita.

emil
    Participant

As for me, there is enough evidence to believe Jesus is God going by the NT account alone. I don't need the OT testimony to increase my conviction. If it is there, great. If not, my belief does not depend on it anyway.

I have not learnt anything in Ahn's life to convince me that he is god. Same goes for Zahng.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Mean.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Good for you, Emil.

KF
    Participant

well I guess, once again I will not be getting the answer to my question! 🙁

FTOS,

where are you?

did you go on vacation?  bring me a  souvenir!

fromtheotherside
    Participant

It's the weekend KF, if you've talked with me before you'd known I don't do this over the weekend, I keep sabbath and sunday I'd rather do something productive and useful, like workout and practice my Gof swing then sit on my computer and argue! Good news I hit 85 over on sunday, it was a good game!

Anyhow, Jesus' name is not in the OT.  There're prophecies but it's not there.  It's like asking Jesus in the new testament times, show me your name in the bible when all they had was the OT.  For the Korean thing, it's because they make Korean names out of Chinese characters,  Like "Gone with the wind" would be one chinese character, and would be shorten to one syllable, for instance, "gow" (remember I'm making up these examples) and then take another word quote or expression like "fighter" and that would be one syllable in chinese characters like "fi"  and they take those two and make a name it would be "GOW FI"  but would mean a fighter who has gone with the wind!  thats how japanese koreans and chinese make their names.  So Ahnsahnghong also has a "meaning"  and shortened characters.  His charaters are in the bible it's true. It more for moral then a "biblical teaching" not meant to be used in that way!

genny
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

Anyhow, Jesus' name is not in the OT.  There're prophecies but it's not there.  It's like asking Jesus in the new testament times, show me your name in the bible when all they had was the OT.  For the Korean thing, it's because they make Korean names out of Chinese characters,  Like "Gone with the wind" would be one chinese character, and would be shorten to one syllable, for instance, "gow" (remember I'm making up these examples) and then take another word quote or expression like "fighter" and that would be one syllable in chinese characters like "fi"  and they take those two and make a name it would be "GOW FI"  but would mean a fighter who has gone with the wind!  thats how japanese koreans and chinese make their names.  So Ahnsahnghong also has a "meaning"  and shortened characters.  His charaters are in the bible it's true. It more for moral then a "biblical teaching" not meant to be used in that way!

So what is the meaning of "Ahnsahnghong" then?

And how are his characters in the Bible?  The letters of my name (G, E, N, and Y) are in the Bible.  Is this the way you are talking about?

fromtheotherside
    Participant

No, words and phrases are one sylable in Chinese, so big moutain can be one character, … I will explain again later I have to go sorry.

KF
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

It's the weekend KF, if you've talked with me before you'd known I don't do this over the weekend, I keep sabbath and sunday I'd rather do something productive and useful, like workout and practice my Gof swing then sit on my computer and argue! Good news I hit 85 over on sunday, it was a good game!

ok Ftos, glad you had a great day, I thought everyone in WMS go to sunday class or preaching.

FTOS, can you take a look at this http://www.menorah.org/yeshname.html whenever you get a chance,

And you still haven't answered my question on the title of this post, and don't forget you were suppose to give me verses in the bible that show mother God from the very first book to the very last book, because you guys always say that, but never show it.  My friend did the same thing to me, that is why I don't believe it, because if you say something you should be able to proof it with ease.

If you really want to save souls, you need to be more like Paul.  He was a gentile when he spoke with the gentiles and a jew when he spoke with the jews. 

emil
    Participant

FTOS, sorry I didn't answer your specific question about whether I believe in the 3 ages.

I believe that God consists of the Trinity – Father, Son and Holy Spirit who are 3 persons in one God. How that is so is a mystery beyond my comprehension. This Trinitarian God has always existed and will always continue to exist yesterday, today and forever.

I have shown you scripture verses showing the existence of all 3 at the same point in time. Now let us focus on KF's points and Genny's very important question for which you apparently need time.

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.