Relationships

• Creator
    Topic
    MountainMom
    Participant

I talk on a regular basis to a number of mothers who have sons/daughters in the Wms.  What has always struck me is that our stories are so similar and the actions of the church are so outrageous.  It goes typically like this:  "We had a great relationship.  My daughter meant everything to me, and I know I meant the same to her.  We talked and confided in each other every day.  We were so close.  Even if she got in trouble, she would tell me everything.  She knew she had my support, and I hers.  Contrast that with how it is now.  I don't know where she works, where she lives, how she is doing, and she won't talk to me.  She has to ask permission from the church for every move she makes, and apparently that doesn't include maintaining a relationship with me.  It's painful, it's depressing, and I have trouble sleeping from missing her every day.  I know she is miserable and her life is very hard right now, but I can't help her, especially if we can't even have an honest give and take conversation. Her "handlers" won't allow it."

This "church" proves itself over and over, not to care about the pain of it's members or their families.  Although most people don't believe in the doctrine of the church, it really isn't about that.  It's the callous BEHAVIOR that is the crux of the problem.  Keeping people from freely maintaining crucial relationships  is destructive to everyone.  Causing division and arguments with loved ones is destructive.  Excessive control is destructive.  Using people up and then spitting them out when they can no longer "contribute financially to the church" is destructive.  There's so much more to add to the damage toll of this so called "church." 

The church may deny that they influence members not to tell their parents where they are, but that has to be a lie or so many of their members would not be doing this.  I have talked to parents whose son/daughter said that they had to ask permission from church leaders to move anywhere.  That does not surprise me at all.  I also know that they often tell people where they are going to live and when they are going to move. 

To anyone who says "All religions are cults" I say, you are so wrong.  Mainstream religions do not exert this kind of destructive, excessive control.  None that I know of do this.  Are the Presbyterians hiding members from their parents?  How about those Lutherans or Catholics?  I am not saying one religion is better than another, I am saying that a hallmark of a cult is excessive and destructive control and manipulation.  Red flag.  A "God" who is alive on earth and receiving money at a rapid pace.  Huge red flag. 

menglanfen
    Participant

A main recreation with Fifa Coins basketball comes back, this yearedition makes important a unit card acquiring Quintessential Company style when to get so that you can have fun with. You actually acquire all of game enthusiasts, and you could merge plus coordinate these folks by using ample advances to set-up your special group which will in that case participate around leagues FIFA 17 coins plus competitions. The adventure is definitely free to have fun with by using not one but two styles of foreign money for the most part strapped within attaining innovative battler handmade cards, plus updating already present models. Initially, a equipment are especially electric. There are actually virtually no analogue supports to the PowerShell which provides the need to become accustomed to electric equipment just as before, right after as a final point dealing with so that you can become accustomed to analogue regulate.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Mountain– Thats so sad, but the truth. I remember distancing myself from my mom, thinking she, “just doesn’t understand”. This is their premise. But they keep the members in constant confusion because they say, “Its your decision”. But every other minute is doesn’t by them, beating their message into your head.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mountain……you are soooo correct, IMO.  My own situation has been nothing but lying to me, trying to hold on to our relationship but only on the member's terms, depressing and flat out disgusting.  My relationship will never be the same.  I won't allow it for fear of being hurt again as I have been hurt toooooo much throughout all of this.  IMO….the mind control portion has done too much damage for our relationship to ever be the same again.  

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.