Recovering

• Creator
    Topic
    Disturbed
    Participant

Soooo…..I just wanted to share. I am beginning the recovery process. I went out this past Saturday to an event for the first time since leaving the church. Prior to the weekend I was very excited, when I accepted the invitation. On Saturday I began to procrastinate. I delayed getting showered and dressed. All previous Saturdays I have stayed home and didn’t do ANY work. I began to force myself to prepare myself for the event. After I was dressed I almost had a panic attack because I felt I was desecrating the sabbath day. I then realized if I didn’t go I would be letting “them” win. God is love, fear is of satan. I was fashionably late to the event but it was ok because others arrived well after me. I must say I had an awesome time and was relieved that I forced myself to go. I am taking back my life! I allowed them so many years of my life, thinking at every moment the world was ending soon. I have started a “bucket list”. One entry is to ride in a hot air balloon. My family member said, “are you sure…we don’t have the seal”. I said who cares! I’m not living my life fearing death. I can’t make up for the years I lost but I will enjoy the present time & try to live to the fullest!

Sorry for rambling. Just wanted to share my thoughts & feelings.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Destroyer-

Exactly! Coincedences. The WMSCOG doesn't believe in coincedences. If they knew of all that has happened to me after I left, they would tell the members it's because I left. But what about all that happened to me as a devout member? Oh, it's because she wasn't a true Sister. GTFOHWTS!

Harry
    Participant

KF wrote:

renita.payno wrote:

Idk what's happening Apr. 19th but the members in my class are anxious for it.

it's a Friday hmmm, I thought fridays are preparation day?

haha Fridays are preparation day i guess! There is a reason I never saw this post last year.

On friday april 19th, we were preparing for a successful intervention that weekend!! That's just a tad spooky or not!!!!

emil
    Participant

^ Good one

Azula
    Participant

Disturbed wrote:

Soooo…..I just wanted to share. I am beginning the recovery process. I went out this past Saturday to an event for the first time since leaving the church. Prior to the weekend I was very excited, when I accepted the invitation. On Saturday I began to procrastinate. I delayed getting showered and dressed. All previous Saturdays I have stayed home and didn't do ANY work. I began to force myself to prepare myself for the event. After I was dressed I almost had a panic attack because I felt I was desecrating the sabbath day. I then realized if I didn't go I would be letting "them" win. God is love, fear is of satan. I was fashionably late to the event but it was ok because others arrived well after me. I must say I had an awesome time and was relieved that I forced myself to go. I am taking back my life! I allowed them so many years of my life, thinking at every moment the world was ending soon. I have started a "bucket list". One entry is to ride in a hot air balloon. My family member said, "are you sure…we don't have the seal". I said who cares! I'm not living my life fearing death. I can't make up for the years I lost but I will enjoy the present time & try to live to the fullest!

Sorry for rambling. Just wanted to share my thoughts & feelings.

Too bad there isn't a like button on this website. Thanks for sharing.

Viewing 4 replies - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.