Recovering

• Creator
    Topic
    Disturbed
    Participant

Soooo…..I just wanted to share. I am beginning the recovery process. I went out this past Saturday to an event for the first time since leaving the church. Prior to the weekend I was very excited, when I accepted the invitation. On Saturday I began to procrastinate. I delayed getting showered and dressed. All previous Saturdays I have stayed home and didn’t do ANY work. I began to force myself to prepare myself for the event. After I was dressed I almost had a panic attack because I felt I was desecrating the sabbath day. I then realized if I didn’t go I would be letting “them” win. God is love, fear is of satan. I was fashionably late to the event but it was ok because others arrived well after me. I must say I had an awesome time and was relieved that I forced myself to go. I am taking back my life! I allowed them so many years of my life, thinking at every moment the world was ending soon. I have started a “bucket list”. One entry is to ride in a hot air balloon. My family member said, “are you sure…we don’t have the seal”. I said who cares! I’m not living my life fearing death. I can’t make up for the years I lost but I will enjoy the present time & try to live to the fullest!

Sorry for rambling. Just wanted to share my thoughts & feelings.

emil
    Participant

Way to go Disturbed. I am so happy for you. Jesus gave us life, life in abundance. Go live it.

Disturbed
    Participant

Thank you for the encouragement! Whoever thought removing thought control would be such a difficult task. I’m thinking about how to handle the holidays. Currently I still “detest” them and don’t want anything to do with them. I’m not sure i want to change that part. I guess one thing at a time.

emil
    Participant

I thinking removing thought control is difficult, painful and time-consuming. They trained your mind to be dependent on them. You have to now exercise your independence and enjoy every minute of it. Have patience with yourself. God has patience with us.

Don't underestimate the gravity of your situation, but don't let it overwhelm you either. One day at a time. We are here for you.

MountainMom
    Participant

Proud of you for taking that first step back into the life they tried to take away from you.  One step at a time, and as always, that first step is the most difficult.  It will become easier for you as you go along. Don't hesitate to contact any of us for support.

Questioninginla
    Participant

Just remember, Disturbed, God is love – 1 John 4:18 there is no fear in love.

Remember when Jesus used fear to motivate people in the NT?  Neither do I.

Best wishes.

Disturbed
    Participant

Thank you Emil, Mountain Mom and Questioninginla! Everyone’s encouraging words motivates me to truly “OVERCOME”!

Sarah2013
    Participant

@ Questioningla: Lol @ Remember when Jesus used fear to motivate people in the NT?”

@ Disturbed: You’ll be fine in due time. Just sad one has to go through unnecessary confusions in the name of God. For sure it isn’t the real God.

fedupmom
    Participant

Thank you for sharing Disturbed. You will truly overcome and you are well on your way-congratulations and continue to be proud of yourself every step of the way!

Way to go!!!

emil
    Participant

emil wrote:

I thinking removing thought control is difficult, painful and time-consuming. 

*think

sorry typo

emil
    Participant

@Disturbed
    – Think of all the people who are still trapped. I pray everyday for FTOS, angelwings and the relatives of others who post here. I urge you to do the same and also thank God daily for His grace and blessing upon you for having saved you.

Disturbed
    Participant

Some days I want to run into my old Zion and drag everyone out. Then I come to my senses and realize how stubborn I was when my friend tried to tell me before I was ready to hear it. I pray everyday that this organization will be “fallen, fallen, Babylon the great!” I know God will hear our pleas and release everyone from the bondage they are in and punish those responsible for keeping them captive. I look forward to the punishment part!

Love'n Honey
    Participant

One of the members in my class missed school today and yesterday. I was told that it had to do with construction and that he was probably too tired to go to class. I think this construction has something to do with Apr. 19th… THE POINT: I feel the same way. Wanting to run in a grab everyone. I feel like that every day I go to class. I just want to sit down with them and tell them everything…. I almost cried today when a classmate told me why one of the members was skipping class. That's not good…

Disturbed
    Participant

I just saw a T-mobile commercial that is fitting for me….”Retrain your brain”

KF
    Participant

@ Distrubed you are strong!  God will only give you what he knows you can handle, remember that everything happens for a reason.  God has a plan for you, you might not understand it now, but soon you will know the reason. 🙂

@Renita what's happening April 19?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Idk what's happening Apr. 19th but the members in my class are anxious for it.

KF
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

Idk what's happening Apr. 19th but the members in my class are anxious for it.

it's a Friday hmmm, I thought fridays are preparation day?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I think it has to do with the construction. Maybe they're opening another Zion.

Liberty
    Participant

Disturbed wrote:

I am taking back my life! I allowed them so many years of my life, thinking at every moment the world was ending soon. I have started a "bucket list". One entry is to ride in a hot air balloon. My family member said, "are you sure…we don't have the seal". I said who cares! I'm not living my life fearing death. I can't make up for the years I lost but I will enjoy the present time & try to live to the fullest!

Sorry for rambling. Just wanted to share my thoughts & feelings.

I am so happy for you Disturbed! I can relate to everything that you just wrote. It is such a liberating experience to get your life back! You no longer have to worry about any more religious oppression.

Yes, you do have to tackle it day by day and just a few steps at a time. But we've been there and we can't relate. You aren't alone. Thank you for sharing your journey with us!

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I was talking to someone over the weekend about my experience as a member. The focus was on the fear of imminent danger when we left Zion. I don't know if any of you have heard but there's a sermon called "The Safest Place" (I think). The message of the sermon was that Mother dwells in Zion and the safest place to be is with Mother. Even though we had the "protection" of the PO, I was still afraid to leave Zion and was very anxious to return.

I had my car for almost 2 years before I joined the WMSCOG. I got into 1 car accident that wasn't all that bad. Broken head light, life goes on. After I left Zion (for good, because I've returned a couple times) I haven't gotten into any accidents and have nearly been hit by a car twice.

As a member, I've gotten into 3 car accidents (1 involving a car full of children), my daughter was beaten by her nanny, nearly hit 2 deer (that ish was scary as I don't know what), the list goes on.

They scare you into thinking that once you leave Zion (physically or spiritually) bad things will happen to you. But a vast majority of the dangers that have come into my life happened during my time as a member. What does that tell you? I'm so glad that I'm not afraid to go where I want when I want. I'm glad they don't have control over my fear anymore. I'm still recovering as far as trust and expressing the proper emotions go but this past weekend I realized I have overcome the fear the WMSCOG instilled in me. And that's saying something!

ChurchDestroyer101
    Participant

YoMomma SoFat wrote:

I was talking to someone over the weekend about my experience as a member. The focus was on the fear of imminent danger when we left Zion. I don't know if any of you have heard but there's a sermon called "The Safest Place" (I think). The message of the sermon was that Mother dwells in Zion and the safest place to be is with Mother. Even though we had the "protection" of the PO, I was still afraid to leave Zion and was very anxious to return.

I had my car for almost 2 years before I joined the WMSCOG. I got into 1 car accident that wasn't all that bad. Broken head light, life goes on. After I left Zion (for good, because I've returned a couple times) I haven't gotten into any accidents and have nearly been hit by a car twice.

As a member, I've gotten into 3 car accidents (1 involving a car full of children), my daughter was beaten by her nanny, nearly hit 2 deer (that ish was scary as I don't know what), the list goes on.

They scare you into thinking that once you leave Zion (physically or spiritually) bad things will happen to you. But a vast majority of the dangers that have come into my life happened during my time as a member. What does that tell you? I'm so glad that I'm not afraid to go where I want when I want. I'm glad they don't have control over my fear anymore. I'm still recovering as far as trust and expressing the proper emotions go but this past weekend I realized I have overcome the fear the WMSCOG instilled in me. And that's saying something!

I'm pretty sure that's just coincidence. Of course, you will get into car accidents, especially when you're anxious at that time. When you are driving, you must focus on it and nothing. You're not thinking straight when you're anxious.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.